Industry: Health Care
Status: Full Time
Start Date: 2013
The Building Maintenance Manager is accountable to the Administrator for the overall management of the building systems and maintenance department. The Building & Maintenance Services Manager will ensure the delivery of optimal care and service, based on legislative requirements and standards. Ability to work with residents and staff alike.
- Plan, co-ordinate, direct and monitor the effectiveness of all operational activities within the maintenance department;
- Working manager: completes tasks on a daily basis in conjunction with direct reports;
- Develop and sustain operational plans for the effective operation of the department;
- Develop and sustain life safety systems to ensure optimal resident care;
- Conduct regular departmental rounds to ensure all safety, emergency, building and support systems are functioning properly;
- Ensure WHMIS labelling and MSDS sheets are maintained and up to date for maintenance department
- Ensure proper mechanical maintenance of equipment, and repairs to plumbing and electrical systems;
- Ensure that all Fire Safety Inspections are completed and oversee scheduling, completion and follow up to all fire drills;
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Knowledge of HVAC equipment, electrical systems distribution, fire alarm and sprinkler systems including operation of and testing requirements,
- Computer skills including Excel/Word/Outlook;
- Ability to read, write English and effectively communicate verbal or written instructions for staff
- Communicate effectively with management, suppliers and owners and complete management reports as required;
- Ability to read and interpret building prints and drawings;
- Manage and ensure the security of our residents
- Vulnerability Sector cleared
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
A Brampton Retirement community providing assisted care for senior who want to live their lives to the fullest!