We work within the community to address its health-related needs and are dedicated to providing a full range of high quality medical care. WMC FHT aims to provide efficient, high quality health care services in the community with a focus on improving patient access, health promotion and chronic disease management. Our services are to be delivered with exceptional customer service while maintaining a healthy environment for our staff and patients.
We are currently looking for a full time Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) to join our team
Operating within their full scope of practice, the RPN will work collaboratively with all members of the Family Health Care Team in the, promotion of patient health, and the prevention of disease.
- Triage incoming patient calls with regards to health care issues, assess patient's health needs, discuss test results and respond to questions pertaining to health promotion and disease prevention
- Plan, manage, and evaluate nursing care for patients and families within the RPN scope of practice in the context of an interdisciplinary practice
- Use current theoretical and research knowledge and the input of team members to plan and implement care for patients and families
- Participate in inter-professional team planning meetings and ad hoc committees
- Maintain the EMR to recall patients for health promotion and disease prevention follow-up such as immunizations, pap smears etc
- Administer and record immunizations and educate patients as to the need for and the possible side effects of such injections
- Perform blood pressure follow-ups that include assessing the patient’s response to medications and providing patient education and self management strategies as per FHT program guidelines
- Current certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario (RPN) and 2 years current nursing experience with demonstrated skill and experience
- Excellent patient assessment and triaging skills
- Knowledge of and working experience with computer systems and applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of multi-disciplinary team
- Previous Practice Solutions EMR software experience an asset
- Excellence in customer service and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain client and centre confidentiality
- Exceptional organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle difficult situations in a calm manner and produce high quality in accordance with centre standards
We are committed to being able to assess your urgent illnesses in a timely manner. In order to respond quickly to your acute medical needs,...