If you are looking to work within a growing, dynamic Medical Centre and Family Health Team then this position is for you.
The Registered Nurse (RN) is an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team who works co-operatively with members of the health care team in the promotion of patient health and prevention of disease. The Registered Nurse (RN) assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents all nursing care of patients in accordance with policies and professional nursing standards.
- Assess patients; collects and documents the current health status and medical history of patients
- Demonstrates the ability to handle emergency situations in a prompt, precise, and professional manner.
- Monitors all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
- Administers treatment and gives medications to patients according to policy and procedure.
- Observes and documents patient response to medications.
- Performs frequent and accurate patient evaluations, including monitoring and tracking vital signs and responds appropriately.
- Perform procedures such as IV placement, administer medications
- Develops, manages and revises nursing care plans and maintains medical records.
- Documents patient care reflecting nursing intervention, patient response to care provided, patient needs, problems, capabilities, limitations, and progress.
- Prepares patients and administers physical examinations.
- Communicates with the physician regarding patient needs, the nursing assessments, and recommendations.
- Act as part of an inter-disciplinary team attending team meetings
- Dresses wounds, gives injections or medicines, and assists in minor surgeries.
- Demonstrates necessary skills and knowledge to provide care for patients according to division/unit specific competencies.
- Acts as the primary point of contact between the patient and the world of health care.
- Provide special instructions to resident and home staff related to medical diagnosis, allergies, medication, diet, special emergency plans related to ongoing medical conditions
- Coordinates care with clinics, outside physicians and hospitals
- Instructs patients and caregivers in how to perform tasks they can do themselves.
- Advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention.
- Provides personal patient care to provide comfort and well-being to the patient, acknowledging physiological and psychological needs.
- Provide a thorough and concise report at the end of each shift, demonstrating accurate and timely documentation according to form guidelines.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and safe environment for patient and staff according to policy and procedure.
- Current certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario (RN) and two years current nursing experience with demonstrated skill and experience
- Excellent patient assessment and triaging skills
- Knowledge of and working experience with computer systems and applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of multi-disciplinary team
- Previous Practice Solutions EMR software experience an asset
- Excellence in customer service and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership and effective interpersonal skills
- Proficiency and experience working in a computerized environment.
- Organize time and set priorities effectively
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated leadership and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent decision making, problem recognition, problem solving skills, negotiation and con?ict resolution skills
- Demonstrated commitment to professional growth and development
- Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance record
This is a full-time, permanent position. ***NO NIGHT SHIFTS** Salary Range - $55,000 to $65,000
Indeed - 22 months ago