Join a Canadian Success Story! The Woodbridge Group is a leader in automotive urethane technologies and a specialist in just in time assembly and sequencing systems with Facilities around the World.
Our culture encourages highly trained employees to grow, develop and apply their skills in an atmosphere of professional pride and cooperation. Woodbridge captures the energy of people and teamwork to provide a responsive, custom designed solutions and continuous improvements that add value for the customer.
Position: Quality Manager
Location: 8214 Kipling Avenue, Woodbridge, Ontario, L4L 2A4
- Primary focus of this position is to cost effectively manage the Quality function to ensure that the customer quality requirements are met
- Planning and coordination of new product lunches, including all phases of Advance Quality Planning PPAP and IMDS submissions.
- Work closely with customers, operating groups and suppliers to resolve quality related issues through effective root cause problem solving techniques, manage results of the customer’s supplier scorecard.
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality procedures and processes in conformance to TS-16949 standard.
- Supervision of quality activities personnel, including the testing.
- Provide quality related technical advice based off industry AIAG or customer specific standards to resolve Quality matters and ensure continues improvement.
- Direct customer and vendor surveys to meet required business ratings
- Work in partnership with Production, Process, Engineering, Human Resources, Finance and other functional areas to achieve the business objectives of the site
- Manage departmental budget in a fiscally prudent manner
- Coach/mentor staff to achieve continues employee development
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of five years progressive experience in quality management related functions, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Production, Engineering and Quality System, preferably in an automotive manufacturing environment
- At least one year of supervisory experience
- Strong business competencies in the following areas: APQP, Statistical analysis, capability studies, SPC, continues improvement, analytical thinking , problem solving, decision-making, customer orientation, strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal/behaviour competencies in the following areas: Relationship building, team building, employee development, written and oral communication
- Lead auditor training an asset
- Computer literate
- Ability to champion selected HS&E elements
- Working knowledge of TS16949 and ISO14001