WOODBRIDGE FOAM CORPORATION Employee Reviews

fast paced
Production Supervisor/Day Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON21 February 2016
Fast paced and extremely challenging, the use of dangerous chemicals opened a new chapter and learning curve in my automotive production career
good pay but a lot of days where it was disorganized
Car Parts factory defect worker (Former Employee) –  1999 forbes street oshawa22 October 2015
If there was better communication throughout the plant it would run more smoothly,less stressful days and more happy workers wanting too come in more.
relaxed, fun
Plant Accountant (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON16 September 2015
good company, friendly workplace, my boss is okay but there are times he's trying to avoid overtime payo , working with nice people , good pay, busy workdays but not stressful.
Pros
free luches/ snacks from time to time
Cons
none to say
A decent place to work when I was there 9 years ago.
Enerflex Operator Protective Foam Production (Former Employee) –  Tilbury, ON24 August 2015
It was a great place to start at a factory job for the first time. Once you got into the union, it was okay. I worked all 3 shifts, mostly midnights, and got to know all the people. Good wages and benefits up until the massive lay off and closure.
Pros
my co workers
Cons
lay off and closure
Great place to work for a new phenomenon of making cars lighter with inclusion of foam parts
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 January 2015
A typical day starts with the meeting with process manager to discuss about the modification of current manufaturing processes and about the status on ongoing projects. In addition, we explore vairous ways to design processes for new products and packaging standards.

Learned tool and fixture designs, APQP process,basic troubleshooting of hydraulic and pneumatic systems, the trend of pressure and temperature of steam and cold water affect the products, how to handle the process and manufacturing department in the absence of the manager and supervisor, and what the different automotive companies' requirements are.

Management is always eager to help and push me to achieve my goals. I have given freedom to scheduale and run manufactuing trials for new products.

All the co-workers are very friendly and willing to guide me in right direction.

The hardest part of the job was to deal with machine operators and packers in the absence of the manager and supervisor. but eventually I learned the way to work with them and fulfilled the requirements.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to run the manufacturing lines during lunch time, came up with different ideas to make the lives of operators and packers easy, and reduced cycle time and scrap.
Pros
Great opportunity to learn how automotive industry works
Cons
hot and humid due to steam, low salary
Fast envirionment.
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  1999 Forbes, Whitby, ON L1N 7V431 May 2014
Management is strict. No room for error. Products must meet the standards for each car company we ship the seats to. I myself inspected the parts, repaired, and packed.
Pros
Appropriate Breaks.
Cons
Long Hours, Shift work.
Good people
Assembly Line Worker / Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 May 2014
People always willing to help. Able to leave every day feeling like I have met goals and am appreciated.
Pros
Overtime and people
Cons
Hot environment
Great culture and employees.
Production Supervisor / Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON10 January 2014
Great place to work which has given me the experience and opportunity to learn many new skills. I have learned many aspects of the manufacturing field and what goes into making products that we see in our daily life.

Great benefits and salary.
Pros
Free environment that pomoted thinking.
Productive and fast-pace environment
Quality Control Engineer Assistant Co-op Role (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON18 August 2013
>Quality Engineer Assistant
>wonderful and helping management and co-workers
>nothing meant to be hard as I enjoyed every part of my job
Fast Paced, challenging and fun work environment
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON5 November 2012
- Bias for action environment
- Demanding customers
- Fast paced
good place to work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Tilbury, ON13 August 2012
inspected parts all day everyday. was good place to work but very boring job.
A good employer
Senior Accountant (Costing) (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON27 May 2012
a good manufacturing employer, good environment, friendly staff and employees, busy work enviornment, satisfying and rewarding.
Pros
good employer
Cons
nothing of note