This job is responsible for consistently delivering the best possible customer experience by ensuring timely, courteous service, preparedness and cleanliness at Woodbine Racetrack.
In this role, the duties may include but are not limited to:
- Provide prompt, friendly and courteous service to customers at all times and address all customer product and service needs, requests and concerns promptly.
- Consistently maintain and replenish supplies in service areas.
- Assist in merchandising of product in stores.
- Assist in monitoring inventories and reporting any product need.
- Pick up, count and verify floats on a daily basis.
- Assist customers with retail purchases in Gift Stores.
- Accurately process all customer transactions through OLG lottery terminal and point of sale systems.
- Accurately process all customer payouts (winnings) through OLG lottery terminal and point of sales systems.
- Count and verify all instant scratch ticket inventories. Daily completion of individual scratch ticket inventories tracking sheets.
- Ensure adherence to all applicable government regulatory or regulations as per the Ontario Lottery and Gaming and/or the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario and the policies defined by Woodbine Entertainment Group.
- Other duties or responsibilities may be assigned based on business requirements.
Basic job requirements include:
- Proven ability to deal professionally and courteously with customers
- Thorough understanding of methods, machinery and techniques involved in cash handling and processing
- Working knowledge of cash register and tendering procedures
- Proven accuracy in performing basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (oral and written)
- Ensure uniform and appearance consistently comply with WEG standards
- Consistently uphold and demonstrate safety rules and standards as designated by F&B Department and Woodbine Entertainment Group
- Able to work in noisy environment
- Ability to stand / walk for 8 – 9 hour periods
- Available to work all shifts
This is a casual, hourly position based out of Woodbine Racetrack. The hours of work will vary and will include days, evenings, overnight, weekends and holidays.
To be considered for this position. please click on the link below (or copy and paste into your web browser):