Job Title: Front Office Receptionist/Booking Clerk
Immediate Supervisor: Front Office Supervisor
Subordinate Staff: None
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Reviews all incoming patient referrals to ensure that each meets the approved criteria for scheduling an appointment.
2. Contacts the referring physician to request cardiology and/or internal medicine reports in those instances where additional information is required to ensure patient suitability.
3. Telephones referred patients to schedule an appointment ensuring that all demographic information is complete and correct including OHIP version codes.
4. Advises patients of procedure preparation protocols ensuring that a copy of the preparation brochure is available to the patient via mail, fax or website.
5. Advises patients of clinic protocols for attendance, i.e.: must be accompanied by someone who can drive the patient home, cessation/continuation of specific medications, etc.
6. Registers patients into the patient registration/scheduling program according to departmental protocols ensuring that all demographic information is accurate including OHIP version codes.
7. Schedules patient appointments according to departmental protocols ensuring that each patient is registered using the correct registration code.
8. Answers incoming telephone calls redirecting as necessary.
9. Reviews all voicemail box messages for the main switchboard and cancellation lines responding as appropriate.
10. Greets all patients and visitors cordially redirecting as necessary.
11. Confirms patient attendance in the booking schedule ensuring that all demographic information is accurate.
12. Prepares patient chart with appropriate forms ensuring that all information is accurate and complete.
13. Collaborates with the Director of Nursing (or her designate) and Booking Coordinator to modify schedule(s) to ensure appropriate distribution of cases.
14. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Language Skills: Fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- Requires medical office experience and a general knowledge of electronic booking processes.
- Requires good computer and keyboarding skills.
- Requires good verbal skills including an excellent telephone manner, tact and diplomacy handling confidential matters.
- Requires the ability to work in both a team environment and at various times, an independent environment with the ability to prioritize, complete tasks and multi task as required.
- Requires a cheerful attitude with the ability to adapt well to change.
- Requires sitting for extended periods of time.
- Normal office working environment with no adverse conditions.
Indeed - 9 months ago
Woodbine Endoscopy is located 30 minutes north of downtown Toronto Canada (adjacent to the Buttonville Airport) is a new, leading-edge...