Wood Employee Review

A lot of Lacking of Management, Nepotism
Ex-employee Sr. Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 December 2013
Not really stable company to work for. Heavy environment, a lot of politics, …nepotism.
The project manager and his wife (who is his assistant) travel back and forth to South America for their convenience at company’s expenses. Some designers have a lot of power to influence managers, even though they are rude, conflicting, and unprofessional. A lot of layoffs. Managers yelling to employees in front of everybody, … unprofessional behavior. Crisis within the electrical department in Calgary.
Pros
Some friendly colleagues
Cons
Poor Management

Other Wood Employee Reviews

Lead E/I&C Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 November 2017
Very straight forward place to work. Challenging and interesting project. Learned quite a lot. Great, motivated people. Not as well isolated from economic cycles as one would like.
Excellent management and job culture
Senior I&C Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 November 2017
It was a pleasure working at Wood (Amec Foster Wheeler). We finished our projects on time. I am willing to work again at Wood if given a chance. Highly recommended company to my colleagues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wood. Our community is ready to answer.