Wood Employee Review

smaller is better
Project Database Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CA27 August 2013
After over 20 years, I knew the work routines and how to deal with them. A typical day would entail me determining what projects had reports due out soon and how to assist the groups responsible for different parts of the projects. I created data views for the graphics guys so that they could get current data from our SQL Server database. I also assisted other users in retrieving data necessary for their reports using a front-end application developed using Microsoft Access.

Since I wore different hats in my time at the company, some managers had trouble seeing all that I was able to do. Some people only knew me as the guy who created CAD maps, forgetting that I also did field geology and geophysics.

The best part was learning new things, which is why I transitioned from geophysics to CAD to database management.

My co-workers were mostly smart, outdoors oriented people and I enjoyed spending time with them, even when it wasn't work related.

As the company got bigger though, the fun environment slowly changed to one that was less personal.
Pros
collegial staff, long term relationships with co-workers
Cons
time was managed to the quarter hour. Almost all time had to be chargeable to a client..

Other Wood Employee Reviews

Good working environment
Senior Electrical Specialist, Canada (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON31 October 2017
It is a good company, they have good management, there were very good opportunity in the company, they have large projects. People like to work there.
Good work Culture
Intermediate I&C System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 October 2017
The company was good but the pay was not excellent. But still working Environment and management was excellent. Colleague are cooperative and management arranged lots of Lunch and Learn.
Pros
Lunch and Learn
Cons
Salary not Good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wood. Our community is ready to answer.