Wood Group PSN

Wood Group PSN Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and high accuracy environment
Sub-Lead Document (Current Employee), St. John's, NLSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: friendly and effiencent staff
Cons: too little parking
great company to work for. High accuracy and quick turnaround on documents. Very Caring atmosphere.
Enjoyed working with the sub-contractors
Fabrication/Construction Lead (Former Employee), St.Johns NLAugust 28, 2013
Pros: personnel who reported to me were very able and dedicated to their tasks.
Cons: for me there was a lack of support from senior management.
Office area too small for number of staff. As far as I was concerned there was a lack of suppoert from senior management.
I derived my most pleasure from dealing with the sub-contractors and working with them to meet scheduled completion dates.
The personnel who reported to me were diligent in their work and we forged a good team spirit.
Productive and Fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee), St. John's, NLJune 25, 2013
Management and co-workers were very approachable. Learned aspects and protocols of the oil and gas industry on a daily basis.
Productive and fun workplace
Junior Electrical Designer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: lunch n' learns, free lunches and learned new information on the technology
Cons: communication was not consistent
Great company to work for. Manager and co-workers were always helpful and great to work with. Worked on a variety of projects which gave me more experience with different standards and expectations. Hardest part of the job was some of the last minute deadlines. Most enjoyable part of the job was working on different projects with different project leads.
Average Workplace
Construction Manager (Former Employee), algary,ABAugust 3, 2012
Talented People, but upper management is European and verynew to Western canada business plans and values.
Poor
Buyer (Current Employee), Dickinson, NDOctober 14, 2014
They have issue. Waste money.
Management needs work.
Worked 12 hours a day.
Senior E&I Designer (Former Employee), Dyce, AberdeenOctober 14, 2014
Pros: can progress and move around the company.
Professional and very well ran organization with an excellent friendly atmosphere to work in from both the client and colleagues from all disciplines.
Can move about the company on different projects and to overseas projects.
Good management feedback regarding project performance and expectations.
Offshore FEED and survey trips if desired.
It is often – more... someone‚Äôs birthday / special occasion so plenty of cakes and pies!!
Great place to work and I would recommend it. – less
Working in the GOM for 2 weeks
Offshore Platform Mechanic GOM (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAAugust 30, 2014
Pros: food is good offshore, and lots of it, almost all rigs have workout equipment..
Cons: it is hard being away from your family for 2 weeks up to 6 weeks at a time...
get up every morning at 5 check out all equipment, do a little paperwork, eat lunch check on equipment, overall easy job unless everything breaks at once then you have to fly from platform to platform to work on different equipment. lots of ordering parts daily maintenance adding oil coolant etc...
Need to Take a Time Out
Training & Competence Coordinator (Current Employee), Aberdeen, SCTAugust 28, 2014
Pros: fair salary, good benefits - flexi time, 9 day fortnight.
Cons: intolerable management processes, archaic systems.
When I was looking to cross industries and make a start in Oil & Gas, Wood Group was one of the Companies that I had my mind set on working for. At the time, my understanding was that they were a 'blue chip' Company that had a long standing reputation based on quality of work and efficiency.

When I joined, WG was still in the aftermath of amalgamating – more... with PSN and, as such, they were still working under two very sets of processes. I was shocked by the antiquated systems that the Company was still using. The software and methods of using it is highly inefficient and noone has any idea how this ties in with other parts of the business. Add to that, I was rarely given more than half of the information that I required to do my job efficiently, always having to ask questions and being pointed towards people who 'may' know the answer becsuse my Line Manager didn't. Not only couldn't my Line Manger answer my questions with regards to the tools and processes that I needed to do my job, they didn't seem to really understand all of what my role actually entailed, this I found out of my own accord through talking to others within the Company.

WGPSN seem to currently be stuck in a vicious circle of losing contracts because they can't provide a quality product, making cutbacks and changes (for the worse) in an attempt to steady the ship, losing good people because of the changes and cutbacks.

There are some quality people working for this Company but they don't seem to be given the opportunity to take a step back and analyse the big picture. The Company have huge potential and, while I am in no doubt that they make a substantial profit on a yearly basis, they could make an awful lot more with some time and investment in their systems and processes. – less
Enjoyed Meeting new and interesting people in the oil response field
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: worked with new people, and coast guard and learned things that i never knew before in this type of work.
Cons: no permanent employment.
Typical day at work consisted of working with the SCAT files, handling any issues that would come up, i.e. Copier repairs, security badges issues, ordering special supplies for the SCAT Team.
Great company and opportunities
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Melbourne, VICJuly 28, 2014
Pros: global network of resources to execute projects
Cons: work relies heavily on projects available - gfc caused a big downturn in work
I worked as a Mechanical Engineer at Wood Group PSN starting as a graduate and working my way to a Senior Mechanical Engineer. There is good opportunities for career progression and to work on various projects around the globe. There are also some opportunities to work abroad, but not usually in the most luxurious locations.

The only downside is that – more... Wood Group PSN, like all other engineering consultancies, relies heavily on projects from other companies. Events such as the GFC caused many projects to be shelved and I had to see many good engineers and friends go. – less
fair pay,bad mgmt
PSV valve mechanic (Former Employee), Greeley, COJuly 27, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor managment, bad planning, unsafe working conditions
Good benefits,big company...Greeley division has poor upper management....not concerned about what is best for employees..poor preparation , little planning and experience for job tasks....Have very poor standards for people they hire. I observed numerous safety violations.....workers are unqualified for the positions they are hired for... would not – more... recommend. – less
Productive and well suited to my skills
Core Crew Electrical Technician - Bleo Holm FPSO (Current Employee), Offshore Aberdeen North SeaJune 18, 2014
Great team to work within and liasing with various different departments to expand my aptitude of the offshore industry. Day to day basis would be carrying out maintenance and fault finding on all aspects of electrical equipment. Feel fully comfortable within the role I currently hold and can happily rely on my co-workers for advice and assistance where – more... required. Very rewarding working well with everyone on board and achieving a resolution to any problems that arise from a day to day basis either big or small. – less
Company Profit more important than job intergity
Senior Pipe Engineer (Current Employee), Kingston upon Hull, ENGMay 21, 2014
Pros: it was a local job so that i was at home every night.
Cons: underpaid, overworked and undermanned.
Company Profit more important than job intergity.
WGPSN dropping all rates across board by 10% like Amec
safe and varied work
Mechanical fitter (Current Employee), SvTMay 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not much time off
busy and good varied work scope
good bunch of guys to work with free transport to work and early finish on fridays
very pleased
Technician (Current Employee), Rockport, TXMay 8, 2014
very good company good benefits. worked on lp and hp separators in the eagleford shale.
Kipper up grade on West tuna platform
QA/QC of piping, Vessels and Structural (Former Employee), West Tuna platform in Bass StraitApril 26, 2014
Kipper up grade on West tuna platform for the last 3 1/2 years on a 7 & 7 roster
Very good workplace
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAApril 24, 2014
Pros: core values
Work required traveling from one work location to another. Great job.
A great project,I am proud to have been envolved in it.
Rigger,Scaffolder,TA,Plumber (Former Employee), Marlin Rigg Bass straight VICMarch 19, 2014
Pros: well cared for in meals, laundry.safety always majour focus on rig
Cons: at times there could be 2, 3, or 4 to a bunk room.
Wake up 2PM,go to jym 2.30.Main meal at 5PM.Pre start at
6PM.Meal breaks at 9.00PM,12.0AM,3.0AM,finish shift at6.0AM.
To be an active part of a productive smooth running team with
critical focus at all times on safety
WGPSN management maintained transparenty with its workers and
were at all times approachable
I mainted a great working and social relationship – more... with my fellow work
mates and all personal on the rig and still do.
The project comeing to finalization,but that is always reality.
Meeting new people, working on the contant changes and challenges
that occur on construction projects,and working in a team enviroment
that delivers the desired result. – less
Materials Controller (Current Employee), OffshoreMarch 8, 2014
Pros: good financial benefits
A good company to work for with many benefits but lack progression and future developments

1 2 3