Wood Group PSN (WGPSN) is the largest provider of brownfield services to the oil and gas industry. Our global network of over 26,000 people in more than 35 countries offers high integrity services that optimize the performance of facilities, maintain production, reduce operating costs, ensure asset integrity and extend the operating life of fields.
Wood Group PSN, located in St. John’s, Newfoundland, has a requirement for the following position:
Structural Engineer – Reference # IRC71390
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing detailed Cost, Time & Resources estimates based on client supplied work scopes and problem definition
- Ensuring Structural design, analysis and specifications are in accordance with applicable codes, governing statutory regulations, offshore installation specific design philosophies and meet project objectives and industry best practice
- Ensuring all HSEQ requirements are met within the Structural discipline in accordance with WGPSN procedures and management systems
- Preparing Structural design and calculation reports in accordance with client and industry accepted standard
- Use of structural analysis software STAAD, and dedicated structural spreadsheets
- Completion of offshore surveys and survey reports as required
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- An Engineering Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- 4-10 years of related work experience, preferably in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Engineers must be registered, or eligible for registration, with the Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Deadline for submission is Monday, February 4th, 2013.
People are the heart of our business. We need new ideas, fresh thinking and talented people to help our business grow and improve. For more information and to apply for this, and other, opportunities, please visit http://www.woodgroup-psn.com ® Quick Links ® Job Opportunities ® Search for Jobs in All Other Locations.
Wood Group PSN is an equal opportunity employer and appreciates all responses; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Wood Group PSN respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information and we will retain this information for a period of no longer than 1 year.