The Wood Buffalo Primary Care Network is currently seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) for their Teen Sexual Health Clinic (TSHC) in Fort McMurray. This is a one year temporary contract position. The RN works collaboratively with family practice physicians to enhance the delivery of primary care services to patients accessing the Teen Sexual Health Clinic. The nurse will work within the scope of practice to provide support, education and care to youth under the age of 18 who need discreet access to health information and services in the areas of gynecological, sexual and reproductive health. The Hours of work are Mondays and Wednesdays 2:30 - 7:15. Candidates must also be available to attend occasional meetings and training events.
- Prepare clinic setting Assessment/examination of patients, identify needs and set priorities in collaboration with the client and other team members,
- Provide relevant patient education to prevent and manage clinical conditions,
- Collaborate with patients to determine the next appropriate health services required and assist with navigating the health system
- Screening/treatment of STI’s according to Alberta STI guidelines
- Provide appropriate referrals to community agencies and resources as necessary
- Report negligence / abuse of minor to Child Protective Services;
- Three years or more of related experience in Primary Care. Pediatrics or Public Health nursing
- Advanced skills in health promotion, health screening, assessment & education
- Experience working with Microsoft office suite and WOLF/TELUS Solutions EMR system preferred
Condition of Employment
- Security; proof of a clean criminal record is required.
- Completion of reference checks
- Copy of current CARNA registration (submitted yearly)
- Copy of current CPR (submitted yearly)
Indeed - 15 months ago
The Wood Buffalo Primary Care Network is a collaborative team of local healthcare professionals working together to ensure that patients...