The Wood Buffalo Primary Care Network is currently seeking a Medical Office Assistant (MOA) for their central clinic site and After Hours Clinic in downtown Fort McMurray. The MOA plays a key role in the organization and flow of clinic operations. The position provides support to the multidisciplinary clinical team to ensure delivery of high quality patient care. This is a full time position. Candidates must be available to work day, evening, and weekend shifts.
- Clinic administration processes - may include maintaining inventory and supplies & equipment; ensuring clinic rooms are stocked, cleaned & tidied
- Reception duties - answering phones, patient bookings; compile appointment statistics from Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system.
- Assist with the teleopthalmology program;
- Support clinicians with class preparation and other duties as required,
- Responsible for patient reminder follow up
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate in Medical Office Administration is required
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in a physician’s office or other clinic setting
- Familiarity with EMR systems, along with proficiency in various software programs including Microsoft Office suite is considered an asset.
- Excellent organization skills and a high attention to detail are necessary
- Proven ability to solve problems and meet deadlines
- Strong team orientation, and exemplary customer service and relationship building skills
Condition of Employment
- Proof of a clean criminal record with vulnerable sector is required.
- Completion of reference checks
- Must have own vechicle and valid drivers license
Indeed - 16 months ago
The Wood Buffalo Primary Care Network is a collaborative team of local healthcare professionals working together to ensure that patients...