The Wood Buffalo Primary Care Network is currently seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) for their central clinic site and After Hours Clinic in downtown Fort McMurray. The LPN works collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team to enhance the delivery of primary care services to patients across all age groups. The nurse will work within the scope of practice to provide high quality, evidenced based care to patients with a variety of clinical conditions. Specific duties will vary depending on the clinic location and the patient population. This is a full time position: Must be able to work day, evening and weekend shifts.
- Works to full scope of practice with an emphasis on providing comprehensive care to patients of all ages
- Provides health services based on highly developed nursing knowledge and skills
- Conducts assessments to identify needs and collaborates with patients to set priorities and plans for care
- Provides short term interventions and patient education and assists patients with navigating through the health system
- Current CLPNA Registration; and
- Current CPR Five years or more of related nursing experience
- Experience in after-hours or primary care practice settings an asset; and
- Experience working with Microsoft office suite and WOLF/TELUS Solutions EMR system preferred
- Successful completion of Medication Administration / Intramuscular and Intradermal injection course & Immunization preferred
- Clinical experience in primary care and/or community nursing and chronic disease management * Advanced skills in health promotion, health screening, assessment and education
Condition of Employment
- Security; proof of a clean criminal record is required.
- Completion of reference checks Copy of current registration (submitted yearly)
- Copy of current CPR (submitted yearly)
- Must have own vechicle and valid drivers license
Indeed - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Wood Buffalo Primary Care Network is a collaborative team of local healthcare professionals working together to ensure that patients...