The Wood Buffalo Primary Care Network is currently seeking an Accounting Bookkeeper for their central clinic site in downtown Fort McMurray. This position reports directly to the Executive Director. The Accounting Bookkeeper will be responsible for the financial reporting of the organization.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Accounts Payable duties
- Accounts Receivable duties
- Reconcile bank account monthly
- Create General Journal entries for payroll
- Month end processing
- Assist in setting up and maintaining accounting filing systems
- Assist Executive Director to prepare financial reports
- Generate financial reports as requested
- Assist in the development, maintenance and monitoring of policies/procedures,
- cost/benefit analysis, and detailed variance analysis.
- Identify funding sources and corresponding funding codes
The position also requires the following skills:
- Knowledge of accounting principles.
- Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work within defined deadlines.
- Ability to think and act systematically and analytically.
- Ability to function within a collaborative team environment
- Minimum five years related experience in an accounting or bookkeeping role
- Completion of college or technical training; Post-secondary completed finance-related diploma is an asset.
- Working towards a designation is an asset
- Excellent working knowledge of Sage (Simply) Accounting software
While this is not a clinical position, you will be expected to personify the same traits of compassion, patience, and integrity that are associated with health care professionals. The successful candidate will be intrinsically motivated and passionate about playing their part in improving patient care.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter.
The Wood Buffalo Primary Care Network is a collaborative team of local healthcare professionals working together to ensure that patients...