The Senior Accountant reports directly to the Assistant Manager Finance. This position will focus on the housing operations and assume a lead role in reviewing various balance sheet account reconciliations. This position will assist with the monitoring, preparation and analysis of all aspects of reporting, and yearend audit, adding value to the Company as a whole by providing financial expertise and experience. The successful candidate for this position must be team orientated and have a positive and confident personality with a high degree of ethical soundness.
- Approve and post journal entries prepared by Accounting Clerks and Accountant
- Preparation of the monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements and preparation/review and analysis of associated reconciliations and variances as required
- Preparation of periodic operational cash flows and forecasts as required, including working with the appropriate Managers and Executives to gather appropriate data.
- Analysis of the financial implications of various operational and financial decisions using standard reports
- Work with Managers to evaluate and streamline business processes to improve efficiency
- Mentor Accountant and Accounting Clerks as required
- Research accounting issues, evaluate reporting and other control functions and make recommendations for change
- Other related duties and special projects as required
- University degree in Commerce, Accounting or Finance
- Professional Accounting designation is required (CA, CMA, CGA)
- 5-7 years accounting experience, preferably in Property Management
- Experience with ERP software, Yardi or Northgate software experience preferred
- Demonstrated organization, communication, interpersonal analytical and team membership and leadership skills with the ability to prioritize conflicting demands in a deadline orientated environment requiring persistence and a high degree of personal judgement and accountability
- Well versed in the use of excel, advanced skills preferred
- Proven ability to work with limited supervision, use initiative and creative thinking in various functions within the job