Wonderful Brands

Wonderful Brands Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fiel experience
Field Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee), mutiple locationsMarch 27, 2014
Pros: travel, ability to create own route, flexibility, early end day (afternoons free)
Cons: eating on the run (in car) sometimes, especially during busy season
started workday at 6am visiting stores which stocked Wonderful Brands POM Juice, almonds, pistachios, arils, fresh pomegranates and salad accents. Merchandised items, checked expiration dates, rotated merchandise, created report of visit via iPad, left order form for Produce Mgr. to refill stock, and advised of upcoming events, coupons, sales etc.
Seemed like a perfect position and a great company
Visual Sales and Merchandising (Former Employee), ILSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: good benefits company car, and 4 weeks vacation
Cons: company very disorganized, expectation is unrealistic, should be clear that this is not a merchandising position all sales!!!
Went into the job thinking it was mostly merchandising, I had even asked durning my interview and was told it was. I was greatly disappointed when I was on the job and it was only sales all the time. The restrictions within stores don't matter to upper management because they only wanted the sale. Expected to work off the clock and was given no administrative – more... time to complete expense reports. – less
Productive and educational environment which teaches entry-level employees valuable tools in sales and merchandising.
TEMP Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 12, 2013
Pros: great company with great products and there was always something fun to do!
Cons: no benefits for temporary employees, sometimes travel expenses were not fully covered, and i had to use my own vehicle.
A typical day as a TEMP Field Sales Merchandiser would begin with planning my route to at least 5 of the 70 stores I was responsible for. These accounts included King Soopers, Albertsons, Safeway and Whole Foods. Upon arrival to my first store I started off by greeting the produce manager and letting him/her know I was there to check on our product – more... and assist with any backstock (shippers, SKUs) they might have. Depending on sales-initiatives, promotions, and seasonal products my time in the store can varied from 30 minutes to 3 hours, during which I would rotate, remove out-of-date items, add missing tags and face the products. My main goal in each store was to secure highly-trafficked locations, sell-in displays and fill voided products. Before leaving the store I would always let the produce manager know what I did and because of this constant communication and help with the product, I was able to build strong relationships with nearly all of my accounts, which aided in selling larger displays and/or more of our products they weren't carrying before. On top of my day-to-day responsibilities, I learned countless tools throughout my employment with Wonderful. The most important of which include how to approach store and produce managers with sales data to help sell in our displays for promotional periods, like the Super Bowl. Also I learned how to use the majority of the equipment and technology (U-boats, hand-jack lifts, and the hand-held unit for ordering items and even making tags) present in my accounts.
I think the hardest part of the job was dealing with certain produce managers that refused to bring in products and build displays because their store was a lower-volume location. However, using our sales data I was able to persuade several of them to change their mind and try a few of my ideas.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having the freedom to create our displays, specifically during football season leading up to Super Bowl, because in some stores I was able to build enormous displays with POS (point-of-sale) designed just for that promotion.
Although I did not work directly with my 2 co-workers, unless I was training or riding along with them, I thoroughly enjoyed learning and working with them.
My manager could not have been more supportive and caring when it came to his employees and the company as a whole, making my time at Wonderful that more enjoyable! – less
progressive company
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2013
Co-workers were great,
HQ was beautiful,
Family was very generous.
Wonderful Company
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 14, 2013
Hired as a temp and my contract ends in February 2013. Wonderful company with Wonderful Benefits when hired in perm.