Provides crisis intervention, assessment, individual and group counselling to clients and discharge planning to residents, ensuring that individual plans are implemented for each client such that they are provided opportunities for maximum enhancement of personal dignity, by working towards the elimination of family violence in their lives and/or in the lives of their children
- BSW preferred but a combination of equivalent education and experience would be considered, professional training and experience related to family violence.
- Proven ability to intervene with women individually, or in groups. First Aid Certification, CPR, CPI. Strong crisis intervention skills.
- Experience working with children, and knowledge of the effects of violence on children.
- Ability to empathize with women and children who have been victimized; as well as ability to advocate on their behalf.
- Comprehensive knowledge re: traumatized women and children, separation/loss, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, debriefing, child abuse, and brief solution focused therapy, risk assessment, and experience working with same.
- Working knowledge with women who have mental health and / or addictions issues.
- Working knowledge of legal issues.
- Ability to work as a team player, with staff and volunteers / students.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Evidence of commitment to professional training and ongoing education to stay current with the rapid development in the field.
- Extensive, knowledge and experience with community resources: i.e. housing, financial support.
We thank you for your interest in Women’s Interval Home of Sarnia Lambton. We will review your resume and contact you if a suitable position is available.
Indeed - 8 months ago
The Women's Interval Home of Sarnia and Lambton Inc. is a non profit charitable organization established on Dec. 10th, 1077 to provided...