Team Membership: Health Services Team (HST)
Hours: 0.4 EFT (16 hrs/ week) TERM ending August 2014
Salary Scale: as per MNU rates
Job Purpose: To provide health care and health education on issues related to women’s health in accordance with the philosophy of the Clinic and within the role of advanced practice nurse.
PLEASE REPLY IN WRITING BY 4:30 pm on July 19, 2013 TO:
RN – EP 0.4 EFT TERM Hiring Committee
Women's Health Clinic
419 Graham Ave. Unit A
Wpg MB R3C 0M3
I. Client Care
1. Duties and Functions as listed in the CRNM Competencies and Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses on Extended Practice Register.
2. As primary contact with clients visiting Women's Health Clinic, provide health education and comprehensive health assessment and treatment based on Women’s Health Clinic Protocol or in consultation with physician.
3. Initiate correspondence and/or telephone calls to communicate test results and pertinent information to clients and/or physicians as appropriate. Make referrals to other agencies, physicians or care givers as appropriate.
4. Provide documentation of client care through maintenance of adequate health records
5. Participate in service delivery analysis (ie. statistics collection) to aid in program evaluation for the Clinic.
II. The following duties will be assigned to each RNEP position according to agency and Health Services Team Workplans:
1. Provide consultation and training to Women's Health Clinic staff, volunteers, and other professionals individually or in groups.
2. Provide leadership with recruitment, hiring, training and supervision of replacement nursing staff (in conjunction with Team Manager).
3. Arrange clinical placements and act as a clinical preceptor for nursing students and nurses training at the advanced practice level.
4. Provide health education through public speaking engagements to the public and professional groups, and through the media to promote knowledge and understanding of women's health issues.
5. Advocate for women's health issues by participating in relevant community agencies and committees to raise the profile of women's issues.
6. Participate in performance appraisals with team members.
7. Participate in management by preparing for, attending and performing follow-up tasks for meetings as required by the organizational structure.
8. Co-ordinate Health Services Team contacts with pharmaceutical company representatives
III. Professional Development
Maintain and enhance work related skills through educational activities and inservices to ensure an excellent performance of job duties.
1. Women's Health Clinic functions as a group practice which includes a nurse practitioner, physicians, health workers, dieticians, support groups, counsellors and volunteers.
2. Participation in the initial Delegation of Function Agreement and maintenance of the agreement is required.
3. A commitment to women from a feminist perspective is required and in particular, a commitment to working cooperatively in a participatory management structure
FORMAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
RN required. Baccalaureate degree in nursing, preferred
Active practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba
Two years recent directly related experience in a Community Health clinic setting
Certification in basic Cardio-pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) an asset
Maintenance of current certification is required
Experience working with Women’s Health Issues
Women's Health Clinic is a feminist, pro-choice, community-based health centre promoting the health and well-being of all women by facilitating empowerment, choice and action. Staff work with multi-disciplinary staff and volunteers in a participatory management structure. WHC is committed to the principles of employment equity. Aboriginal, visible/language minority women, women with disabilities and lesbians are encouraged to apply. Should you wish to declare membership in one of these designated groups, your declaration will remain confidential to the Hiring Committee. This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will only contact those candidates whom we wish to interview.