Women’s Health Clinic is a feminist, pro-choice charitable organization that offers a broad range of services within Winnipeg and across Manitoba. If you are an experienced communication/public relations professional with a broad range of skills and experience and are looking for a creative opportunity to help a great organization change its image and update its approach to external communication, please respond to this call for expressions of interest.
We want to use the next six months to review our existing communications, develop a comprehensive 3-year external communication plan that includes a wide range of media and audiences and identify the ongoing resources we will require to fully implement the plan at the end of the project period.
- Assist WHC to develop a communications vision for the big picture while responding to immediate/arising needs and issues.
- Working with WHC Board of Directors and key staff, develop a strategic framework with a core rationale and key messages designed to increase public awareness of our work and achievements and improve our fundraising potential.
- Review and make concrete recommendations regarding current external communications tools and approaches;
- Develop a comprehensive external communication plan that includes a range of tools and approaches that effectively engage members and supporters, raise awareness of WHC across a broad range of audiences and lay the foundation for general fundraising activities.
- Implement initial actions in the plan that come within the project timeline.
- Work with staff to ensure consistency in the use of the agency name, logo and other aspects of WHC branding.
- Provide support, training to staff and Board members in media relations and handling media interviews.
Project Deliverables will include
- Comprehensive 3-year external communications plan that includes the components outlined above;
- Initial implementation of the plan (aspects that can reasonably be implemented during the project timeline);
- Detailed recommendation (developed in collaboration with WHC leadership) regarding the human, financial and other resources required to fully implement the communications plan.
Selection Criteria will include
- Respect for WHC’s feminist and pro-choice philosophy and understanding of how it may impact our fundraising potential;
- Excellent results in similar projects;
- Willingness to make best use of the initial resources we have to invest.
Request and Timeline
We are seeking an initial expression of interest for a project to be completed by June 30, 2013. Your submission should include:
- Your interest, qualifications and experience to undertake this project, including references and examples of your work, taking into account the selection criteria below;
- Your initial impressions of the project and project cost – time required, your availability to complete the project within the timeline, any space and equipment requirements you anticipate, initial information about cost of the project (including your hourly rate and/or other pertinent information about your contracting/billing approach)
Expressions of Interest must be received not later than December 18, 2012 at 4:30 pm
Since 1981, Women's Health Clinic - a feminist, community-based health centre - has offered a range of services to women of all ages from...