WOMEN'S COLLEGE HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Nice hospital
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2016
worked WCH long time ago and I miss the dynamic work environment and important work in health care. Great people in health care
Mentally exhausting due to poor management
Clinic Secretary (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario11 September 2015
Medical Secretary working both front and back office for numerous departments. Typical day would consist of checking patients in/out, booking appointments, reminder calls, preparing charts, pulling charts, processing referrals, copying charts, loose paper filing etc. Way to much gossip amongst staff (flow coordinators, secretaries, volunteers and doctors etc). Made for a very uncomfortable work environment for one that's main focus is PATIENTS. Mangement is horrible and can easily manipulate and reverse situations to make employees feel at fault.
Pros
Great location
Cons
Horrible management
Wonderful work enviroment
HEALTH RECORDS CLERK (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2013
A typical day at work for me scanning and posting documents to patient's medical chart. Working at the hospital I have learned the importance of maintaing accurate information and the care of personal information. I can say I have some outstanding co-workers for the most part, we all come from differents walks of life so we must learn to adapt in every situation. I wouldn't say there is a hard part to my job it's pretty basic and enjoyable and I'm always looking for another challenge. Interacting with my co-workers and patient's is the best part of my job I would say.
Pros
free lunch, wonderful co-workers, wonderful patients, nice working enviroment
Cons
not enough hours, management skills could be improved
Staff like to step on one another to move forward
Hospital Operator (Former Employee) –  Locating22 July 2015
I really liked this place overall. My only problem was that management was always being shuffled around and so there were times when I had no idea who to report to. Other than that, my department was a family and I truly do miss working there.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Evening hours 2:30-10:30
A place where you want to work because you that at the end of the day patients are always happy
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto15 March 2014
a typical day at work would be checking messages from patients who are calling to book/confirm mammogram appointments. I have learned everyday to be a patient person because some of those patients are very anxious about getting their exams done. Management is easy to work with. Management let me know when I'm doing a good job. The only draw back is that there is little room to grow into a different department. Right now we are in Phase I of the new hospital. Hopefully when Phase II and III is finished in 2015 things will be different. My co-workers are ok in some instances but I try to get along with everyone I work with. The hardest part of my job sometimes is to deal with a co-worker who think that patients are not important and she is just at work for the money. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I help patients either on the phone or when they come in the hospital for their appointments. The usually ask for my name.
Pros
we normally have education sessions
Cons
not enough time in the day
Time organization, phlebotomy, and ECg
Lab Assistant (student) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2015
Prepared different types of growth media - nutri- ent, selective, differential, transport and enriched; processed clinical samples - urine, sputum, feces, pus and throat; isolated and created cultures of bacteria or other microorganisms in prescribed media, controlling moisture, aeration, temperature, and nutrition; loaded blood cultures in BACTEC machine
MEDICAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2012
Patient care
Learned a lot about premature births and how it affects couples.
Management was great it was a pleasure working with everyone
Hardest part was when patients die during childbirth or a premature child died.
Warm family type atmosphere enjoyable.
Pros
working with a great team.
Cons
parking rates
Very productive and helpful
Volunteer, Dermatology Dept (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2013
Every wednesday I'm in the hospital and most of the time I do the phone calls for the patients sometime I do filling. My supervisor she is nice. My co-workers they are so nice to me, sometime they help to find the files or what to do for the day. The hardest part in my volunteering is if the patient ask me a question and I cannot answer right away because I'm just a volunteer but, I always try my best to help them if they needed.
Cons
4 hous
Warm and supporting working environment
Registered Nurse in PACU (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2013
Women's college gave me many options to grow as a nurse through educational opportunities and various role opportunities. I have grown alot from my experience at Women's College Hospital and what they stand for. They provide excellent client and family care.
Slow pace work environment with minimal room to grow
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 December 2013
Great people to work with but night shift work with no room to grow in the company. Very slow work pace, not much action due to construction of a new hospital and possible budget cuts and loss of work.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
night shift
It was a fun place
Clerk Typist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 November 2013
This job was a part time working every Monday and every other weekend. This job consist of filing all X-ray reports and booking X-ray requisions for patients that came from the emerge.

4.3