WOMEN'S COLLEGE HOSPITAL

WOMEN'S COLLEGE HOSPITAL Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A place where you want to work because you that at the end of the day patients are always happy
Client Service Representative (Current Employee), TorontoMarch 15, 2014
Pros: we normally have education sessions
Cons: not enough time in the day
a typical day at work would be checking messages from patients who are calling to book/confirm mammogram appointments. I have learned everyday to be a patient person because some of those patients are very anxious about getting their exams done. Management is easy to work with. Management let me know when I'm doing a good job. The only draw back is that there is little room to grow into a different department. Right now we are in Phase I of the new hospital. Hopefully when Phase II and III is finished in 2015 things will be different. My co-workers are ok in some instances but I try to get along with everyone I work with. The hardest part of my job sometimes is to deal with a co-worker who think that patients are not important and she is just at work for the money. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I help patients either on the phone or when they come in the hospital for their appointments. The usually ask for my name.
Slow pace work environment with minimal room to grow
Security Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 19, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: night shift
Great people to work with but night shift work with no room to grow in the company. Very slow work pace, not much action due to construction of a new hospital and possible budget cuts and loss of work.
It was a fun place
Clerk Typist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 18, 2013
This job was a part time working every Monday and every other weekend. This job consist of filing all X-ray reports and booking X-ray requisions for patients that came from the emerge.
Warm and supporting working environment
Registered Nurse in PACU (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 24, 2013
Women's college gave me many options to grow as a nurse through educational opportunities and various role opportunities. I have grown alot from my experience at Women's College Hospital and what they stand for. They provide excellent client and family care.
Wonderful work enviroment
HEALTH RECORDS CLERK (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2013
Pros: free lunch, wonderful co-workers, wonderful patients, nice working enviroment
Cons: not enough hours, management skills could be improved
A typical day at work for me scanning and posting documents to patient's medical chart. Working at the hospital I have learned the importance of maintaing accurate information and the care of personal information. I can say I have some outstanding co-workers for the most part, we all come from differents walks of life so we must learn to adapt in every situation. I wouldn't say there is a hard part to my job it's pretty basic and enjoyable and I'm always looking for another challenge. Interacting with my co-workers and patient's is the best part of my job I would say.
Very productive and helpful
Volunteer, Dermatology Dept (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 26, 2013
Cons: 4 hous
Every wednesday I'm in the hospital and most of the time I do the phone calls for the patients sometime I do filling. My supervisor she is nice. My co-workers they are so nice to me, sometime they help to find the files or what to do for the day. The hardest part in my volunteering is if the patient ask me a question and I cannot answer right away because I'm just a volunteer but, I always try my best to help them if they needed.
MEDICAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 6, 2012
Pros: working with a great team.
Cons: parking rates
Patient care
Learned a lot about premature births and how it affects couples.
Management was great it was a pleasure working with everyone
Hardest part was when patients die during childbirth or a premature child died.
Warm family type atmosphere enjoyable.