Wolseley

Wolseley Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good if u like to work overtime
Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee), Milton, ONJune 21, 2014
90% productivity- 10% safety.. good if you need/want money... plenty of overtime
One of the worst I've experienced
Fusion Tech & shipping (Former Employee), SaskatchewanJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: early experience good
Cons: as time progressed it was much less a good work environment.
Wages were well below industry average when compared to accurate data. Employee Benefit pkg was changed occasionally to advantage of employer. Impossible to identify culture/values because what management said was too often at odds w/ what was expected. Too many excellent fellow employees discovered too late how little their contributions were appreciated; – more... job security was non-existent. A Union might have been a good thing here. Most managers had no clue regarding the actual amount of work required to accomplish the goals set. Those that tried to improve such situations were almost always overridden by the more remote (& less capable) upper management. Work/life balance was (mostly) ignored when it suited management short term goals.

At first it was a decent place to work. Wages were OK but not great. Occasionally there were perks such as free meals & paid time off. Company resources (shop, tools, vehicles etc) were reasonably available for employees to borrow/use. Time was allotted (& not infringed upon) for any extra work required (ie: clean up @ end of day). Gradually things changed; wages did not keep up w/ inflation, perks reduced, staff functions drastically cut (most notably Christmas parties) or scheduled during work breaks, resources severely restricted and work demands increasingly unreasonable & without adequate compensation.

Towards the end of my employment a typical day would start as soon as you arrived (even if early) and usually end 5-10 min later than normal work hrs w/ few or no breaks in between. I can count on one hand the # of uninterrupted coffee/lunch breaks I had during the last yrs. Little of that extra time (before/after & breaks) was compensated for by overtime payment. Of course, if one was minutes late in the AM (or left slightly early) it was a VERY different matter. With few exceptions I can state that my fellow workers were among the best I've experienced anywhere. I will also state that the exceptions were among the worst; one of which was as useful as a screen door in a submarine. Incompetence personified. My most enjoyable moments were when I had done something well, plus the appreciation a lot of customers showed as I served them. It's unfortunate that same appreciation didn't show up on a paystub but no doubt management bonuses were based on profit margins. The hardest thing to do was deal w/ those who didn't know their job or were simply too lazy to do it. To the best of my knowledge they're still there. – less
Entreprise de distribution
Comptable/Analyste (Former Employee), Laval, QCJanuary 8, 2014
Beaucoup de défis. Relations interpersonnelles avec les gens dans plusieurs domaines.

About Wolseley

Globally, Wolseley is the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building – Read more