Wolseley

Wolseley Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Review
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 17, 2015
I worked at Wolseley for 1 year covering a maternity contract. I gained a great deal of knowledge working in the HR department.
IT Department is run by a gorilla
it admin (Former Employee), burlingtonJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: friendly people
Cons: outdated technology, clueless middle mgmt, corrupt hr team
As the title states when I was employed in the IT department We Were 'managed' by a Just Make Work individual. He had a consistent pattern of providing misleading information so you would never meet your revolving targets. He enjoyed bullying and intimidating staff. I heard he got demoted and now the us manages the team. I hope they listen to the employees and take their feedback. I enjoyed working with various teams and would have stayed if the gorilla was removed earlier.
A very comfortable and educational place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: close to home, wonderful co-workers and an overall good place to work
Cons: sometimes overwhelming near year end.
My typical day started at 7 am till 3 pm.
I was able to learn how to do accounts payable in different areas of the company. Thus learning many aspects of the corporation.

the management was hands on and would help whenever the situation arise, but would let you be on your own when required.

My co-worker were the best. It was a family with everyone looking out for others and offering assistance when required.

I enjoyed my job very much. I was able to work on my own, make some decisions when needed, but asked, when it was out of my spectrum.
Good Workplace, customer service and knowledge is key!
Driver, and Counter Assistant (Current Employee), Milton, ONDecember 2, 2014
A typical day at work includes me opening the store at 6am, and serving customers over the phone and walk-ins. This job has required me to expand my knowledge on plumbing supplies, including fixtures, pipes, tools, and other products. Amazing co-workers who are there to assist you if needed. The hardest part of the job would be knowing how to answer the questions I am asked on a daily basis of what I would "recommend" for certain jobs, and situations that may arise when people are looking for supplies. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the customer interaction component, getting to talk to people and interact with plumbers, allowing me to gain new knowledge from them.
bad place to work
warehouse worker (Former Employee), calgary abNovember 21, 2014
this is one of the worst place to work dont ever think you will move up in the company the head manager has all his long term friends work there and family who hold all the supervisor and manager rolles who sit in there offices and do nothing yes nothing they intimidate dont let you try and build friendships with other coworkers and build a team atmoshere at all they ride you threaten you with write ups to make you work harder with little pay there thugs and when you work there you will see what i mean stay away from this company
good if u like to work overtime
Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee), Milton, ONJune 21, 2014
90% productivity- 10% safety.. good if you need/want money... plenty of overtime
Productive work enviroment
Regional H & S Coordinator, Supervisor, Trainer (Current Employee), Langley, BCFebruary 9, 2013
They are striving to be number one in all of their markets. The company is undergoing a change in the way they do things.
Entreprise de distribution
Comptable/Analyste (Former Employee), Laval, QCJanuary 8, 2014
Beaucoup de défis. Relations interpersonnelles avec les gens dans plusieurs domaines.

About Wolseley

Globally, Wolseley is the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building – Read more