Wolseley knows how to attract top talent.
Pros: If you live in Burlington, corporate office is convient
Cons: No vision or visible leadership, benefits are costly and are poor, salaries are low, raises not forthcoming, bonuses rarely achieved, demotivating and demoralizing environment
However, when you start your new "dream job" at Wolseley you quickly find out that:
- You will have to go back in time and work on systems that are 20 years old and still working because they are "duct taped together"
- The Senior Leadership Team (SLT) is incapable of developing or delivering on a strategy or of meeting their financial targets
- Employee Engagement is poor and attrition at Corporate is exceptionally high
- You were probably considered a high performer in your previous company, yet at Wolseley you will never be able to do anything right. This will erode your sense of self confidence and self worth
- Over time the wind will be sucked out of your sails and just when your level of confidence and worth is at an all time low and you are questioning your capabilities, they will "restructure" once again and your role and you no longer have a place in the company.