Company: Wolseley Canada
Position: Warehouse Person (One Year Maternity Leave Contract)
Location: Can-Con Industries (9333 - 45 Avenue, Edmonton)
Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation & air conditioning, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products. Wolseley Canada’s parent company, Wolseley PLC, is among the world’s largest specialist trade distributors and has 79,000 employees serving customers through over 5,000 branches in over 28 countries.
Wolseley Can-Con has an exciting opportunity available for a Warehouse Person at their Edmonton Location. This is a one year maternity leave contract position, with the possibility of extension. Compensation will be $14-$14.50 hour:
Reporting to the Production Manager, the responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and loading/unloading material in a timely manner so as to meet delivery deadlines and customer commitments
- Distributing product to correct area
- Initiating claims for damaged goods, shortages/overages or incorrect products received
- Liaising with freight companies to inspect damaged goods
- Locating and picking product for orders
- Inventory maintenance
- Working as a key member of the warehouse and production team
- Ensuring good housekeeping and safety procedures are maintained in the warehouse and yard
- Deliver/pick up product in company vehicle
- Dependable and reliable.
- Ability to take ownership of the job
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- High level of commitment to exceptional customer service
- Ability to operate a forklift safely, or ability to learn
- Valid driver’s licence and ability to occasionally operate company vehicle
- WHMIS and TDG certification an asset
- Able to regularly lift a minimum of fifty pounds
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Wolseley Canada is an equal opportunity employer.