Division: Wolseley Engineered Pipe Group
Position: Senior Executive Assistant
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation & air conditioning, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products. Wolseley Canada’s parent company, Wolseley PLC, is among the world’s largest specialist trade distributors and has 79,000 employees serving customers through over 5,000 branches in over 28 countries.
The Engineered Pipe Group has an exciting Executive Assistant position available based out of their Winnipeg Branch. Reporting to the Vice President, the responsibilities will include:
- Type correspondence, documents, agendas, minutes of meetings, etc.
- Research, compile and collate information to assist the Vice President in preparation for reports and meetings
- Maintain the Vice President schedule, contacts and ensure the appropriate file material is available
- Assist in meeting arrangements/conference preparations (PowerPoint, literature, samples, reports)
- Plan and organize special projects (annual meetings, special events, Wolseley Classic Golf Tournament)
- Complete expense forms, P-Card reports and Corp-rate cards for the Vice President
- Arrange and record travel
- Telephone backup (answer and direct phone calls to the appropriate person)
- Maintain a filing and follow-up system for correspondence files in conjunction with Receptionist
- Complete and submit employee payroll
- Maintain records of Distributor Agreements
- Provide assistance and reports to the VP and the managers across Canada for the annual increases and bonuses
- Responsible for all marketing/communication duties, including advertisements, promo items, literature and creating and distributing a monthly newsletter
- Act as a resource to branch admin regarding the resolution of any outstanding issues or inquiries they may be facing
- Complete invoices, expense claims, payroll change forms, employee requisition and cheque requisition forms
- Make travel arrangements for all Wolseley EPG personnel
- As required, co-ordinate travel for all Wolseley EPG Divisional personnel attending a meeting (group travel arrangements)
- Act as liaison with Wolseley travel agent, forwarding new policies to Administrative Assistants
SUPERVISE – ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
- Supervise the Admin. Assistant (help set priorities)
- Provide training to the Admin. Assistant
- Do Admin. Assistant performance evaluation
- Demonstrated and flawless organizational and time-management skills
- Minimum 5 years experience within executive assistant role,
- Experience making travel arrangements for groups of 20+ would be preferred.
- Consistency in producing quality, accurate work
- Thrive in a fast-paced, productive environment where change is a constant
- Excellent spelling and vocabulary, as well as good business-writing ability
- Enjoy working as a team member but also a self-starter who can work with a minimum of supervision
- Prepared to take the job seriously, but not yourself; must like having fun at work
- Impeccable interpersonal and communications skills
- Intermediate level (or higher) in both Word, Excel and Powerpoint is a must,
- Fluency in French and English an asset
Salary for this position is $45-60,000 per annum depending on experience.
Globally, Wolseley is the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials....