Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, the company operates 240 branches across Canada.
Wolseley Canada’s parent company Wolseley plc resides in the UK. Wolseley plc, is a public company based in the UK and quoted on the London Stock Exchange. Wolseley plc is the world’s largest specialist trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and is also a leading distributor of building materials and industrial pipes, valves and fittings. Globally, the company operates in 22 countries with a total workforce of more than 80,000 employees.
Location: Burnaby, BC
Title: Regional Human Resources Manager
This challenging hands on position will provide leadership and support to a group of internal clients located in a large region in Western Canada in the development, administration and maintenance of various Human Resources projects, programs and practices. This position will be based in Burnaby, BC and will be one of four Human Resources Managers that support the western region.
Reporting to the Senior Human Resources Manager for Western Canada, the responsibilities will include:
- Developing and coaching effective employee relations and acting as a resource to management with the maintenance of positive employee relations;
- Accountability for group recruiting, training and development, employee relations, orientation, organizational design, performance management, succession planning, development of policies and procedures, and various special projects;
- Communicating and implementing national HR initiatives and directions to management and employees;
- Analysis of key human resource performance measurements;
- Participating as an active member of the Canadian Human Resources team;
- Acts as a subject matter expert using the ability to influence to impact business decisions.
- 5 + years of Human Resources Generalist experience with comprehensive knowledge of all relevant labour relations, human rights and employment standards legislation and employment case law for the provinces of your region;
- Strong command of employment legislation and ability to evaluate risk and liability
- Post-secondary education with a specialization in Human Resources is preferred;
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization;
- Strong analytical skills and decision making ability;
- Ability to travel is required;
A CHRP designation would be considered an asset
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual desirous of being part of a large, evolving and successful global organization with the ability to impact the future success.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.