Division: Wolseley Mechanical Group
Position: Customer Service and Warehouse Person
If you are ambitious, hard working and want to be part of a large, evolving and successful global company we can offer you competitive compensation, full benefits, bonus opportunity, and exceptional career development potential.
Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation & air conditioning, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products.
Wolseley Canada’s parent company, Wolseley PLC, is among the world’s largest specialist trade distributors and has 79,000 employees serving customers through over 5,000 branches in over 28 countries.
The Western Mechanical Group has an exciting opportunity available at their Cranbrook branch:
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the responsibilities will include:
· Servicing customers, offering product knowledge and direct sales service to ensure customers’ needs are satisfied
· Ensuring all items purchased are properly entered, allocated and method of payment is efficiently processed
· Selecting customer pick-up orders
· Keeping the counter and pick up areas clean and organized
· Coordinating and processing outgoing product
· Preparing and loading material in a timely manner so as to meet delivery deadlines and customer commitments
· Preparing pertinent documentation for shipment of goods
· Liaising with freight companies and inside/outside customers to determine shipping priorities
· Receiving all incoming shipments and authorizing for correctness of the product received
· Distributing product to correct area in the Warehouse in a timely manner
· Initiating claims for damaged goods, shortages/overages or incorrect products received
· Ensuring good housekeeping and safety procedures are maintained in shipping area
· Processing daily branch paperwork
· Basic computer skills. Knowledge of the AS400 system would be an asset
· Knowledge of plumbing products is an asset
· Dependable and reliable. Ability to take ownership and initiative.
· Excellent problem solving, interpersonal and communications skills
· High level of commitment to exceptional customer service
· Requires a self-motivated team player capable of managing multiple priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
· Forklift certified or ability to be certified
· WHMIS and TDG certification would be an asset
· Able to lift a minimum of fifty (50lbs) pounds
Please state the position and location in your subject line
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Wolseley Canada is an equal opportunity employer.