WJS Canada Employee Reviews

WJS Canada is a highly repreatable company that provides innovative individualize service to clients, community and families.
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 October 2016
WJS Canada has always recognize its employee by giving them a gifts card to all staffs every year for their hard work. Gifts card amount vary from staffs to staff.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Great concept, horrible management
NA (Former Employee) –  High Level, AB17 November 2016
Upper management is out of touch with front line . Unsupportive managers make it difficult to work with agency partners. Lots of bullying and emotional abuse happens without any way to report and not be punished.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Bullying, emotional abuse, management
Management Issues
Disability Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Vegreville, AB14 November 2016
A fun place to work with clients taking them out, but unfortunately management ignores problems with staff, which leads to huge problems. They hire non-professionals which results in hostile work environments and working with these people.
Great Clients
Employee (Current Employee) –  Disability Services Worker13 October 2016
The clients are great but unfortunately management doesn't know how to deal with problems between employees because they don't know how to. Management sticks together to back each other up as most are friends and not professionals and don't possess leadership skills.
I enjoyed my work here very much .
Rehab aide for special needs (Former Employee) –  Vegreville2 November 2016
I love working with special needs adults ,
Loved helping them to have a happy day . Going out in public doing activities, it's very rewarding at the end of your day knowing you have made a difference in somebody's day .
Interesting work environment
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, AB3 May 2016
Working as a support worker for adults with developmental and physical disabilities. Rewarding work but management can be quite problematic.
excellent company with a growing reputation for being flexible and committed to their clients and families
Home support worker (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC25 August 2015
this company has expanded over the last several years from a small client base care provider to those who need assistance with their daily lives due to either, illness or physical/mental disabilities or challenges; to a company that has proven through countless numbers of families who depend on the skilled care givers and committed management team, who stay focused on the clients well being and family satisfactio.
Pros
great place to work management team gives lots of hours
Cons
employees are on contract base, so remember ladies and gentlemen, remember to never turn down shifts
Good workplace
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC7 December 2015
Enjoyed my time with WJS Canada, very loyal and committed team. Great culture both in front line and administration. Lots of opportunities to move up within the organization.
wonderful job and my career for life
Career and Lifestyles worker (Current Employee) –  Vegreville, AB18 March 2015
I love the job each day I'd different and has challenges along the way. I love helping people and I get to do that and so much more on this job. To me it's not just a job it's a career I look forward to working at for a long time. The months have gone by like days to me. Each of the different place are interesting and unique.
Pros
helping others, the people, job advancement, training
Cons
long hours you might miss a meal.
a good company to work for
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Westlock, AB12 September 2014
Looking after persons with disabilities is a great job. Not everyone can do it.
I learned a lot about myself and how I handle myself and my management abilities.
The people I work with are generally nice people. Would just like to see more ambition among them
Hardest part, work invades life when you're in management. Even when on holidays you're not away from the job, it follows you via emails, texts and phone calls.
The most enjoyable part is seeing the clients thrive.
Amazing Job!
Family Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB14 September 2015
Amazing job, jump on it!
I loved this job but I moved. You can really set your own hours and it is a great way to make a difference.
Love this job
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC12 July 2012
It's a great place to work with lots of room for advancement.