WIS International Employee Reviews

Depends on what you're looking for
Junior .Net Programmer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga6 January 2013
It provides job stability, however, it doesn't provide career growth. People are friendly yet salaries are low.
Pros
friendly people, stability
Cons
low salaries, no career growth
A fine job but weird work timings and hours
Inventory worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 October 2015
We had to visit different stores like clothing stores or groceries store and scan inventory items. Work hours were kind of spread all over the day. For instance, some time early morning at 6 am - 9 am and sometimes late night at 9 pm - 12 am.
Upgrade inventory skills, New experiences, Understanding new technology
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON26 November 2013
WiS was managed by a skeleton crew.

Inventory season started in January and ended in February.

Inventory Clerks were assigned certain section of franchise store { store shelves or stock room }.

Managers instructed Inventory Clerks the type of inventorying requested by franchise store.

Managers were outgoing and friendly.

The hardest part of being a Inventory Clerk was trying to put my best leg in while knowing that my job was a temporary position.
Pros
Good humour, provided transportation
Cons
Lack of communication, Training minimal, Disguntle co-employees
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 July 2013
I thought that WIS International was a great place to work but the hours werent stable enough for me. we had a start time but no end time so some shifts were only 3 hours and i wasnt sure if i was going to be able to make rent every month. I have a child so that wasnt suitable for me. my coworkers were great to work with and they definately work as a team. my manager was also great and it was easy to work withéfor him. the most enjoyable part of the job for me would definately be the people that I worked with, they made the job fun and enjoyable.
Pros
staff
Cons
unstable hours
nothing good
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario29 October 2013
Humans are not supposed to be doing this in the 21st century. There are some very good software tools for such work.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything. inventory management based on cheap labour
Travel, independant and competative
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 November 2012
Count the inventory for wal mart, superstore, marks work warehouse..
Pros
travel, fun
Cons
bad wage, difficult ppl to work with, no advancement
Overall, skip if you need money at all.
Inventory counter and auditor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 September 2015
Do not make much money
Very flexible hours (you choose)
Amazing student job
Great managers
Stress free
Physical work
Short shifts - average 4-5 hours. Sometimes 2-3 hours.
Counting inventory
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON4 September 2013
Go in get your wisard and count sections of a store. Record totals, counting. Co workers were great, time management,
Pros
Good hours
Cons
early mornings
Demanding
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON9 July 2014
Demanding. Older, more established staff can be abusive. Management though will help you learn the tasks.
Not the type of work I'm looking for
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC16 February 2015
While I highly enjoy the people at my work, the lack of stability across the board makes it hard to give it any kind of glowing review. I have learned to adjust to working odd hours as well as just learning the basic curve-balls of work environments.
Pros
My co-workers, we get time off around the Christmas season
Cons
Not a stable source of income (one month we will work every day, the next we will have perhaps four jobs), not paid enough/properly
Tasks
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 November 2013
•Met with clients to discuss upcoming inventories and scheduled appropriate teams for inventories

•Transported Auditors to inventories if necessary , running inventories and planning work flow

•Worked with client's store personnel to ensure accurate inventory

•Trained Auditors, Assist Team Leaders in new methods of achieving organizational goals

•Kept track of equipment

•Managed the completion of Merchandising Projects

•Enforced company policies and enforcing among employees
Worst job ever
Inventory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 March 2014
They treat you like robots, not allow to talk,not allow to go to washroom,not allow to do anything, all they wipe you to do is never stop counting, I feel like a slave in a coal mine.

Plus, zero advance opportunities especially in Winnipeg, 3 annoying manager+ an total jerk area manager, they have been work there like 20 years, never move, you will never get a chance to be promoted
Pros
Cons
Everything else
This was also a great place to work
INVENTORY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB7 October 2014
i would show up to office or store get my instrument to take inventory and would start to count the store i taught myself how to count fast to make it easier on me i was promoted to supervisor and i had so much fun with my workers the hardest part of my job was counting bolts and screws in home depot and the most enjoyable day would be when you just getting it done right
Pros
supervising
Cons
recounting store
Wasted My Time
Counter (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC17 January 2014
I had recently worked with WIS in 2011 and was then dismissed from work due after an argument with the supervisor at the time. Come 2014, I would re-apply and be contacted.
Let me explain the situation in 2011. The company had lost it's Kamloopa Area Manager and I believe the Area Manager from Kelowna was filling in while new management was found. With the management issues and the supervisor constantly breathing down my neck because he thought I would be counting faster, I told him to politely back off as I was doing the best I could. Needless to say I was let go that day.
Now that isn't what my complaint is about. I know I stepped a line by standing my ground against someone with higher authority; my complaint stands with the interview I attended this year on January 11th.
I came to the interview well dressed and ready to answer any and all questions the supervisor may have for an ex-employee. I answered them and the conversation went smoothly. However, at the end of the interview (about 15 minutes later), he told me he had heard about my poor reliability. Now thinking back to 2011 I could not recall any time I wasn't at work and the few days I came in late were excused because my reasons were solid. The interviewer told me had he known this before he would not have scheduled an interview.
Of course, I had taken my time getting ready for it, I planned my day out around this interview and it was all for nothing. What I was hearing was "I knew I wasn't going to hire you from the get-go."
So why not call me before hand and tell me such? I have a life. I have bills to pay
  more... and to have my time wasted in such a way was insulting. Rather than call before hand and cancel the interview, he went on with it, wasting his and (more importantly) my time. Time I could have used seeking a job where the interviewer was interested in what I had to offer.  less
Pros
Paid Travel
Cons
Poor management
good co-worker, hour not guaranted
Part-time Counter associate (Current Employee) –  winnipeg23 July 2015
good co-worker, hour not guaranteed, lots of travel, few work hour in summer time. if u like travel, it will be a good choice
Joke Job!
Inventory Person (Former Employee) –  Moncton NB6 February 2014
Was hired to for WIS Never got the change to work here as they e-mail your schedule. In December 2013 My internet was down so I called WIS and of course voice mail.. They never responded to my call.. I was to work on a Sunday(Had no idea cause of internet) and apparently they came to pick me up. I was up @ 7am they said there were at my house @6:30 Nope they weren't.. They said they called me nope. When my internet was up and running they said they e-mailed me my new schedule and they didn't I would sent e-mails they never would respond I have have a notification that lets me know they looked at it when I called and did talk to some one they denied everything I came in with proof and they were speechless. If you want to work here Good Luck.. I know people that have worked here and they had nothing nice to say... They failed to tell you if your working in town you need to have your own transportation Good luck if you have to be at a store at 6am when there are no buses EXPENSIVE Cab ride When going out of town they pick you up but if your not ready when they arrive at your house they give you 5 minutes and then leave and your docked a days pay and they write you up
Pros
They picked u up at home for out of town
Cons
Lack of Communication, Everything is done by e-mail, Never respond to voice mail
A Day at Work
Inventory Attendant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 August 2015
A day at work was easy, I'd go and use a Wizard to scan SKU codes at variety of stores, to keep inventory count and right down on the ticket the Lines, Quantity, Values and grand total.
Cons
always on your feet or knees.
It's a good temporary job, keep it while looking for other work
Inventory clerk (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON24 June 2014
typical day, 50% of the time on your knees, if you're going to work here buy a set of knee pads (you'll thank me for this one). Your entire day is incredibly mundane, mashing buttons on a big black hand held machine that I guarantee will hurt your wrist in the first couple hours.
Pros
travel pay
Cons
everything else
The job is good but....
Operator of Electronic Inventory. (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 August 2012
When I start from 7 am they only have work for 5 hours a day and 3 days for week.

Just I learn how it's work the electronic gun to scan products.

The hard is count Dollarama many things

Know people
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
they don't care for the people. they need more sociability.
Co-workers
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON3 September 2015
While working at East Side Marios, I enjoyed working with all co-workers I had. They always kept the pace and had a smile.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WIS International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7