WIS International Employee Reviews in Canada

counting on inventory
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 18, 2012
checking for inventory at different variety of retail stores, counting accurance quantities
Decent job for a 2nd job
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  British ColumbiaFebruary 25, 2013
I am lucky to have an amazing manager who started out as an Inventory Associate who really cares about the employees. We have a number of people who have been with WIS for 10+ years in my local office which shows that an amazing manager can make or break this job.
There is a lot of bending and climbing small ladders in this job and your count per hour is everything but you will meet the most facinating people and get to travel within your area. Some days will be harder than others (especially the days where you only get 2-3hrs between different counts) but this is not a job where you will be twiddling your thumbs.
The one big downside I've encountered is that you gets shifts when there are places to inventory and there is only so many places with contracts with the company. So you will get a bunch of counts and then nothing for a while so this job is best as a 2nd job and not as a primary source of income.
My favorite part of the job is how each count is different in its own way and I am never bored. I also am competitive and love to beat my own "time" with each count.
Pros
never get bored, every shift is different
Cons
part-time is all you will get, will work lots one week but nothing the next
working time is so flexible
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  calgary ABJune 30, 2014
you can travel all over Calgary and outside in this type of work.
Temporary job
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMay 20, 2014
Temprorary job that give you opportunity travel and meet nice people.
Joke Job!
Inventory Person (Former Employee) –  Moncton NBFebruary 6, 2014
Was hired to for WIS Never got the change to work here as they e-mail your schedule. In December 2013 My internet was down so I called WIS and of course voice mail.. They never responded to my call.. I was to work on a Sunday(Had no idea cause of internet) and apparently they came to pick me up. I was up @ 7am they said there were at my house @6:30 Nope they weren't.. They said they called me nope. When my internet was up and running they said they e-mailed me my new schedule and they didn't I would sent e-mails they never would respond I have have a notification that lets me know they looked at it when I called and did talk to some one they denied everything I came in with proof and they were speechless. If you want to work here Good Luck.. I know people that have worked here and they had nothing nice to say... They failed to tell you if your working in town you need to have your own transportation Good luck if you have to be at a store at 6am when there are no buses EXPENSIVE Cab ride When going out of town they pick you up but if your not ready when they arrive at your house they give you 5 minutes and then leave and your docked a days pay and they write you up
Pros
they picked u up at home for out of town
Cons
lack of communication, everything is done by e-mail, never respond to voice mail
Friends don't let friends work at WIS International
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 25, 2015
I was looking for a part-time job to supplement my 9-to-5 to earn some extra money to pursue some of my outdoor passions. The ad which regaled the masses of tales of flexible working hours while working other jobs seemed very promising - just what I was looking for. Fooled me once, but not again! First let me say that the "interview" is in all actuality a free, unpaid training session of about 6 people. They tell you about the company and the job, train you on how to use the scanning guns, teach you inventory and scanning techniques, and at the end of the session ask if you want the job or not. Can't really get paid for training if you're not an employee yet, right? Training before the hire - that's where they get you. And when you actually get to work your first shifts, everybody is too busy trying to keep their numbers up that they don't take the time to help out the new people on the floor. Working for minimum wage, the shifts are not even worth showing up for. The first couple of shifts vary between 2 to 3 hours. So when you take into account transportation costs (gas, tolls, parking, etc.), it's actually costing you money to work for this company. Totally not worth your time! Now back to the flexible hours part. I was told to indicate my hours on the application form - fair enough. However, when you log into their online system they present you with a variety of shifts even on the days you clearly indicated to them as unavailable. So I asked the supervisor/manager on my shift what to do and she says you only need to mark as confirmed online the jobs that you can attend  more... and not to worry about the ones you can't make. No sweat, I can only make 2 of the 5 shifts they have given me online and I mark them as confirmed and such. The next thing I know, the area manager emails me telling me I have missed my shifts, I am ruining the reputation of WIS International, I have to be a team player if I want to continue to work here, etc. Listen Mr. Area Manager, your bullying tactics don't work on me! Being gainfully employed full-time elsewhere and more educated than 99.9% of your staff, I am not at all intimidated by you. It may work on others who need this job, but not me. Suffice to say, I told that area manager where to stick it. The job itself is easy albeit boring and repetitive. Sometimes you'll have to climb sketchy ladders to reach stock in the warehouses. If you absolutely need the job and can put up with the managers here, go right at it. Otherwise, you are totally better than this job!  less
Wasted My Time
Counter (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCJanuary 17, 2014
I had recently worked with WIS in 2011 and was then dismissed from work due after an argument with the supervisor at the time. Come 2014, I would re-apply and be contacted.
Let me explain the situation in 2011. The company had lost it's Kamloopa Area Manager and I believe the Area Manager from Kelowna was filling in while new management was found. With the management issues and the supervisor constantly breathing down my neck because he thought I would be counting faster, I told him to politely back off as I was doing the best I could. Needless to say I was let go that day.
Now that isn't what my complaint is about. I know I stepped a line by standing my ground against someone with higher authority; my complaint stands with the interview I attended this year on January 11th.
I came to the interview well dressed and ready to answer any and all questions the supervisor may have for an ex-employee. I answered them and the conversation went smoothly. However, at the end of the interview (about 15 minutes later), he told me he had heard about my poor reliability. Now thinking back to 2011 I could not recall any time I wasn't at work and the few days I came in late were excused because my reasons were solid. The interviewer told me had he known this before he would not have scheduled an interview.
Of course, I had taken my time getting ready for it, I planned my day out around this interview and it was all for nothing. What I was hearing was "I knew I wasn't going to hire you from the get-go."
So why not call me before hand and tell me such? I have a life. I have bills to pay and
  more... to have my time wasted in such a way was insulting. Rather than call before hand and cancel the interview, he went on with it, wasting his and (more importantly) my time. Time I could have used seeking a job where the interviewer was interested in what I had to offer.  less
Pros
paid travel
Cons
poor management
Si tu veux ne pas travailler c'est la meilleure place
Commis à l'inventaire (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 2, 2016
On t'engage, on te donne des heures et peu après plus rien.
Tu te déplaces que pour quelques heures et évidement le déplacement n'est pas inclut.
Pros
Equipe jeune et agréable sur le plancher
Cons
Le manque d'heures..ridicule.
nul
Employé (Former Employee) –  montrealJune 7, 2016
Expérience riche mais ce n'est pas le meilleurs emplois. Trop de perte de temps que pour les déplacement et pas assez d'heur de travail.
Pros
aucun repas gratuit
Cons
pause pas payer
On travaille dans de bonne conditions
Commis à l'inventaire (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 17, 2016
et en plus c'est selon l'horaire de chaque employé.
Pour le peu de temps que j'ai fait à WIS,j'ai appris à compter plus rapidement grâce aux machines qu'ils possède adapté à l'inventaire
Pros
Gestion de son horaire
Cons
Salaire à revoir
Environnement de travail productif et agréable
Commis à l'inventaire (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 15, 2016
Afin de travailler comme commis d'inventaire, il faut savoir être productif.
le travail
Commis à l'inventaire (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 28, 2016
utiliser machine qui scanne les item pour faire l'inventaire a tout les magasins et les entreprise de Québec
Pros
professionnalisme
Cons
salaire
Horaire flexible
Commis à l'inventaire (Former Employee) –  QuébecAugust 13, 2013
Les journées pouvaient varier de 3 à 15 heures par jours.
Le tout fonctionnait par contrat, donc il arrivait de faire entre 5 et 60 heures par semaine et ce, de jour, de soir comme de nuit.
Les manageurs étaient rarement là pour diriger, nous recevions les consignes et nous les exécutions. Je suis donc apte à travailler sans supervision.

L'aspect le plus difficile de cet emploi, fut probablement les conflit d'horaire. Soit, finir une journée à 23:00 et recommencer à 5:00!!
Par contre, comme c'était un emploi sur contrat, on possédait amplement de temps personnelle.
Pros
pouvoir déscider de son propre horaire et avoir la confiance de son employeur
Cons
peu ou pas d'avantage sociaux
évolution
Commis aux Inventaires (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 25, 2015
une entreprise en constante évolution et qui donne la chance a toute personne qui veut débuté un travail.
...
Commis à l'inventaire (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QCDecember 8, 2014
Difficile de concilier travail / famille.
Horaire difficile et non fixe.
Manque de travail sans pré-avis