WIS International

WIS International Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
To many chiefs, not enough indians
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Greenville, SCNovember 21, 2014
Was harassed on this job. Enjoyed the job and the hours. Enjoyed meeting new people and customers.
better but still poor
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXNovember 18, 2014
Pros: paid travel, friendly people, 30 minute break
Cons: low pay, no perks
Better than other inventory services, but almost no work, people didnt show up for work. minimum wage even though i was a supervisor at another inventory company making 14.00 an hour.
wis
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Fenton, MONovember 18, 2014
not much to say i mean if its the road you want then this is the job for you if you don't have kids but i will warn you its like doing the marathon all day do expect to loose a lot of weight one break people and thats lich till the job is done
Dynamic and different work enviroment daily
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 17, 2014
Pros: the work houres are flexible
Cons: the travole time
The WIS account I am a member of requires me to be at a different Kroger’s locations daily. Ones I arrive at a given store, the team divide up to begin inventory count. After inventory has been taken, I am responsible of all store discrepancies. Ones the discrepancies have been taken, I input work data into work equipment. I enjoy been around customers and interacting with people daily.
Unprofessional
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Fairfield CANovember 17, 2014
WIS is a poorly ran business. They treat their employees like slaves. Sending us on trips for numerous days for minimum pay. Makes it difficult to contact supervisors for information. Just a bad place
Needs to do better
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Richardson, TXNovember 16, 2014
Pay is too low for the rigorous work that is involved. Was lied to by one supervisor when first hired on and then to be told the complete opposite when job review time came up. Hours were too sporadic. Some jobs were few and far between. New area manager played favorites with specific employees.
Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCNovember 15, 2014
On daily basisyou learn how to work as a team with many different people
easy work
inventory specialist (Former Employee), Eugene, ORNovember 13, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: crazy hours
come in and count as fast and accuratly as possible
that faster is not always the best way to count
managment generally to busy
co workers generally to busy
hardest part of the job was getting a sku check
best part was seeing how fast you could count merchandise
Inventory
inventory (Former Employee), Union, NJNovember 11, 2014
the most enjoyable of the job is places we travel. and the nice uniforms.
Wasn't very organized
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 9, 2014
Would wait for a van to pick us up at 2am. Drive to different stores and count inventory. We were set on a timed schedule of how many products we counted in an hour. I learned the art of counting many different products in an efficient manner with deadlines. Hardest part of the job where the hours and being on your knees for hours. Management handled themselves professionally.
Met a lot of people and enjoyed the position very much.
Field Representative (Part time until March 2012) (Former Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 8, 2014
It was just bad timing for my needs and the compensation was fair but just wasn't enough to pay my bills. Management and supervisor were great people and really easy to work for. They wouldn't leave you behind if you didn't understand something.
working for wis
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), shawnee KansasNovember 8, 2014
Working for WIS was a very fun environment lots of traveling and going to lots of different stores.
A nice part time job to hold onto for a better one
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Gulfport, MSNovember 6, 2014
Pros: paid weekly, paid for riding company vehicle to job(has to be an hour or longer distance), driving makes good money and easy promotion(if desired)
Cons: its part time work, so when october to december comes less jobs are available to make ends meet, challenging to handle second job if its overnight
The day starts waking up 2am, sometimes 1am to get ready to head to the office or meet spot to ride the van to jobs an hour or more away. If the job is local then I can sleep in but have to be at the store by 5:30am. Hardest thing is the people on the team, being it mostly women. My communication skill to deal with them is poor and/or next to impossible to get along with due to the fact they are hypocrites. You are either the same as them or you ain't right. Socially that is how things are. As long as it job related on the clock, you get them on the same page. Depends on what store we are inventory that day as to the time spent working.
It was terrible
Specialty Inventory Counter (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 6, 2014
Pros: stayed in hotels for a few days
Cons: short breaks no benefits little pay
We would travel the tri-state to local Wal-Mart. We would go through the store during store hours scanning all inventory. We were treated harshly and forced to move at a fast pace which limited our accuracy in counting. Management was stern and unfair.
The company is a nice place to work for.
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Russellville, ARNovember 4, 2014
Pros: weekly pay.
Cons: affaraid of being in accident.
My day start out at 3:00 am road for up to 3 and a half hours on the bus with other employees. Direction for the state of Arkansas north ,south , east, and west. Management was not a people person. Not friendly. Traveling with people who do not follow traffic law, and do not value other peoples life. Working and serving employers.
Inventory Associate at WIS
Inventory Associate / Driver (Former Employee), Fairfield, CANovember 3, 2014
Pros: none that i can think of
Cons: see below
Work: inventory store merchandise, to include stock room items. Typical team of up to twenty people use handheld computer / scanners to read merchandise barcode, then enter the number of items. Accuracy and speed are the markers by which you are evaluated and how you continue to be employed by WIS.

WIS recruits at a high pace to cover their turnover.
Poor hourly pay (at minimum), no or very little overtime due to tricky scheduling.
Poor hours, typically at night, or early morning. Up to 6 hours travel time to worksite in a crowded van (most trips are about an hour). Travel time is paid after first hour at minimum rate.
Low hours: beginning of calendar year, you may actually achieve 40 hours a week, but by June or July, this tapers off to something between 15 and 25 hours a week. Some weeks there is no work.
You have 30 minutes to eat, and two 15 minute breaks per 8 hour shift. Since your job is typically early morning or late night, there are no places nearby to eat, so you have to bag it.
Demanding job
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VANovember 3, 2014
Pros: friendly work environment, intellectually demanding, transportation provided
Cons: no work during holiday shopping season, part time hours
This job I had was very different from many others I had before in that I have been used to having a set amount of time in which to perform my tasks in a given work day (usually eight hours.) Wis was a job where efficiency was the norm. It was expected that the tasks presented me were to be completed as quickly as possible with a high demand on accuracy, and here I was taught that perfection is impossible, but mistakes left unattended were not tolerated. I taught myself through use of unfamiliar computerized wireless equipment to recognize quickly and correct my own mistakes in order to finish the inventory count correctly and completely.This job made me aware that I could in fact not only be taught but learn new skills. There is not any complaints I can make about this job at all.
WIS International
Inventory Supervisor (Current Employee), Jackson, OHNovember 2, 2014
Pros: base start out pay $9.00 hr, travel wage and work wage are accumulated =40. example : reg hours 35, travel hours 15 = 40 reg and 10 ot. traveling to different places
Cons: annual layoff nov-dec
Great company to work for and have been there many years.
Its very routine doing inventory but what makes it never get boring is you are at a different place, town,city,state.
I have met many co-workers and peers that i have built into long lasting friendships because we traveled together away from home rather than 9:00-5:00 and then go home. We did this every year for 10 months.
The job is not for everyone but for the ones who do, it becomes easy. The hardest part about the job as far as for a regular associate is the type of retail store we inventory.
Great
Inventory Counter (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 1, 2014
Pros: company drove us to work.
Cons: we would be in a store all day
I loved working there but it conflicted with my education. It was a great environment. I learned how to use hand scanners.
easy, ok job
Inventory Supervisor (Current Employee), Hickory Hills, ILOctober 30, 2014
Pros: we get travel pay and flexible hours
Cons: we don't get breaks like we suppose to, managers like to mess with your paychecks because they expect more and want to give less
The co-workers are friendly and great to be around. Sometimes when we go to certain stores to do inventory, they order food and let us relax for 30 minutes or more. The supervisors are fun and professional, they take their time to train you and make sure you understand everything.

About WIS International

WIS International provides inventory management and merchandising services for retailers of all sizes, as well as to a range of – Read more

WIS International Photos