WIS International Employee Reviews in Canada

Tasks
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 21, 2013
•Met with clients to discuss upcoming inventories and scheduled appropriate teams for inventories

•Transported Auditors to inventories if necessary , running inventories and planning work flow

•Worked with client's store personnel to ensure accurate inventory

•Trained Auditors, Assist Team Leaders in new methods of achieving organizational goals

•Kept track of equipment

•Managed the completion of Merchandising Projects

•Enforced company policies and enforcing among employees
Great for students
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 11, 2014
You get to work at different stores and take inventory. I learned a lot about products offered at different stores and how to take proper inventory. The management is great and most of the staff is friendly and hard working. The hardest part of the job is making sure you get your quota.
Stressful and unsatisfying
Inventory Associate (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  KitchenerDecember 16, 2013
WIS is a very physically demanding job, with very little room for growth within the company. The experience I had with WIS management wasn't a good one, they treated the employees as slaves, no breaks, back breaking work, no encouragement, and constantly being yelled at.
Worst job ever
Inventory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 17, 2014
They treat you like robots, not allow to talk,not allow to go to washroom,not allow to do anything, all they wipe you to do is never stop counting, I feel like a slave in a coal mine.

Plus, zero advance opportunities especially in Winnipeg, 3 annoying manager+ an total jerk area manager, they have been work there like 20 years, never move, you will never get a chance to be promoted
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything else
Looking for a career
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  VictoriaJune 12, 2013
Hello -

I am looking for a career at this point, not just a job. I dont wish to speak ill of any employer; as WIS is a great company to work for, I would rather not be working with the company.
Depends on what you're looking for
Junior .Net Programmer (Current Employee) –  MississaugaJanuary 6, 2013
It provides job stability, however, it doesn't provide career growth. People are friendly yet salaries are low.
Pros
friendly people, stability
Cons
low salaries, no career growth
Joke Job!
Inventory Person (Former Employee) –  Moncton NBFebruary 6, 2014
Was hired to for WIS Never got the change to work here as they e-mail your schedule. In December 2013 My internet was down so I called WIS and of course voice mail.. They never responded to my call.. I was to work on a Sunday(Had no idea cause of internet) and apparently they came to pick me up. I was up @ 7am they said there were at my house @6:30 Nope they weren't.. They said they called me nope. When my internet was up and running they said they e-mailed me my new schedule and they didn't I would sent e-mails they never would respond I have have a notification that lets me know they looked at it when I called and did talk to some one they denied everything I came in with proof and they were speechless. If you want to work here Good Luck.. I know people that have worked here and they had nothing nice to say... They failed to tell you if your working in town you need to have your own transportation Good luck if you have to be at a store at 6am when there are no buses EXPENSIVE Cab ride When going out of town they pick you up but if your not ready when they arrive at your house they give you 5 minutes and then leave and your docked a days pay and they write you up
Pros
they picked u up at home for out of town
Cons
lack of communication, everything is done by e-mail, never respond to voice mail
Travel a lot and meet new people
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 2, 2014
WIS is a fun stress free job with lots of traveling.Count stock in our customers stores and warehouses and work in diferent location every day.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
low pay, long travel, un-flexible manager
It's a good temporary job, keep it while looking for other work
Inventory clerk (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJune 24, 2014
typical day, 50% of the time on your knees, if you're going to work here buy a set of knee pads (you'll thank me for this one). Your entire day is incredibly mundane, mashing buttons on a big black hand held machine that I guarantee will hurt your wrist in the first couple hours.
Pros
travel pay
Cons
everything else
Travel, independant and competative
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 15, 2012
Count the inventory for wal mart, superstore, marks work warehouse..
Pros
travel, fun
Cons
bad wage, difficult ppl to work with, no advancement
Flexible Hours
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 17, 2014
Sporadic job hours, you let them know your availability and you get hours that work for you
very important to work with my team
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKSeptember 24, 2014
Team work is the most important for this job. for example, sometimes we do inventory counts for Walmart. Each small team focuses on one section.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that we can let our customers satisfied when they see our accurate reports after counting.
nothing good
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  OntarioOctober 29, 2013
Humans are not supposed to be doing this in the 21st century. There are some very good software tools for such work.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything. inventory management based on cheap labour
Demanding
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 9, 2014
Demanding. Older, more established staff can be abusive. Management though will help you learn the tasks.
Counting inventory
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONSeptember 4, 2013
Go in get your wisard and count sections of a store. Record totals, counting. Co workers were great, time management,
Pros
good hours
Cons
early mornings
Interesting Job
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 30, 2014
Inventory Clerk is an interesting position. Training was provided and easy to learn. Shifts/Hours vary according to job location. Required to travel to location, scan all items for inventory stats.
Pros
work with new employees
Cons
travel time is different for every shift
The job is good but....
Operator of Electronic Inventory. (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 9, 2012
When I start from 7 am they only have work for 5 hours a day and 3 days for week.

Just I learn how it's work the electronic gun to scan products.

The hard is count Dollarama many things

Know people
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
they don't care for the people. they need more sociability.
good experience, good place if you like to travel
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 19, 2012
your work day consist of working with a team, and doing inventory for a company, hours vary, managment are friendly, as well as co-workers. you also travel with this job all over Northren Ontario.
Pros
traveling
Cons
hours vary
Inventory Counting
Retail Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 17, 2014
Learned how to work as a team member. Also was given individual tasks. It was also a good learning experience. Felt the hours could have been better.
Wasted My Time
Counter (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCJanuary 17, 2014
I had recently worked with WIS in 2011 and was then dismissed from work due after an argument with the supervisor at the time. Come 2014, I would re-apply and be contacted.
Let me explain the situation in 2011. The company had lost it's Kamloopa Area Manager and I believe the Area Manager from Kelowna was filling in while new management was found. With the management issues and the supervisor constantly breathing down my neck because he thought I would be counting faster, I told him to politely back off as I was doing the best I could. Needless to say I was let go that day.
Now that isn't what my complaint is about. I know I stepped a line by standing my ground against someone with higher authority; my complaint stands with the interview I attended this year on January 11th.
I came to the interview well dressed and ready to answer any and all questions the supervisor may have for an ex-employee. I answered them and the conversation went smoothly. However, at the end of the interview (about 15 minutes later), he told me he had heard about my poor reliability. Now thinking back to 2011 I could not recall any time I wasn't at work and the few days I came in late were excused because my reasons were solid. The interviewer told me had he known this before he would not have scheduled an interview.
Of course, I had taken my time getting ready for it, I planned my day out around this interview and it was all for nothing. What I was hearing was "I knew I wasn't going to hire you from the get-go."
So why not call me before hand and tell me such? I have a life. I have bills to pay and
  more... to have my time wasted in such a way was insulting. Rather than call before hand and cancel the interview, he went on with it, wasting his and (more importantly) my time. Time I could have used seeking a job where the interviewer was interested in what I had to offer.  less
Pros
paid travel
Cons
poor management

2.7