WIS International Employee Reviews

cheap hrs cheap $,great for someone who does'nt pay any bills-rent
Inventory clerk (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB24 March 2016
you get spoken to like your a 6 year old. when someone else makes a mistake the supervisor yells at everyone for it. low pay undercut wages ,there will be times where you wont work for a week or 2 straight ..you only get 1 break a day , if you work 3-5 hours you get 1 break.. the same if you work a 9-12 hour shift . the schedule is never steady . AND MOST OF ALL ,THE PAY SU CKS NO PERSON WHO PAYS RENT CAN SURVIVE ON 600$monthly/$7200 yearly
Pros
0 to 1 break a day does'nt matter how long you work for
Cons
Don't work at wis unless you hate your life
Horrible
Imventory clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB16 March 2016
Not a good place to work. Not professional by so many levels and just overall a bad experience. Would not recommend it to anyone
Pros
travelling
Cons
long hours without a break
Si tu veux ne pas travailler c'est la meilleure place
Commis à l'inventaire (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 March 2016
On t'engage, on te donne des heures et peu après plus rien.
Tu te déplaces que pour quelques heures et évidement le déplacement n'est pas inclut.
Pros
Equipe jeune et agréable sur le plancher
Cons
Le manque d'heures..ridicule.
teamwork environment and different place every day
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 February 2016
you day start when you check your schedule on the website then you know the starting time, the place and the supervisor. In the place you take a wizard and you start counting, in long shift your supervisor let you know the time of the breaks.

the people is nice, the job is easy, the shifts are unknown and unstable
Pros
fun and youth environment
Cons
you never know if you work a full week or just some hour
On travaille dans de bonne conditions
Commis à l'inventaire (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 February 2016
et en plus c'est selon l'horaire de chaque employé.
Pour le peu de temps que j'ai fait à WIS,j'ai appris à compter plus rapidement grâce aux machines qu'ils possède adapté à l'inventaire
Pros
Gestion de son horaire
Cons
Salaire à revoir
Employee Autonomy
INVENTORY ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 February 2016
We work at our own pace, we learn to count inventory with our eyes instead of hands, the management is fairly nice and easy going. there is a very high turnover rate that you usually do not get a chance to get to know new employees and there are only a handful of old employees. the hardest part of the job is the travel because we work at different stores around the GTA. the most enjoyable part of the job is the short amount of work and the faster everyone does the job, the faster we get to go home.
Pros
Short learning curve for scanning wizards
Cons
travel time
Do not apply!!!!
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2016
waking up early to go to a job thats 2 hrs long. Pointless job. Alot of standing, kneeling, and crouching. Management at the chesswood office suck at their job. When you go for the "interview" be prepared to immediately take the job- there is no questions or anything you just start filling out paperwork and get "training". Supervisors are a joke- they don't train you on your first shift they tell you to do what makes sense. Scheduling is a mess they expect you to finish a job at 1 am and start another at 6am. Alot of work locations are unsafe - working in tight confined areas and standing on shaky ladders. Don't bother applying!
Pros
No pros
Cons
Low Pay-No Hours
Don't waste your energy or time, keep looking.
Counter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 January 2016
Horrible waste of time. Constantly stuck at assignments while waiting for drivers ,managers to finish, so that you can get a ride back with them if you take public transit. Otherwise you drive yourself and waste your gas as most assignments are only a few hrs. Pay is ridiculously low. You only are paid while you are logged in at an assignment and must log out immediately when count finished
it's good work for people who enjoy counting different stores
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 December 2015
management team are great, typical day is start up the wizard, wait for the meeting before starting to count. co-workers are great to work with, the hardest part of the job is getting up from kneeling to standing, enjoyable part of working for WIS is counting different stores, some are easier then others.
Pros
supportive management
Cons
not enough hours
A fine job but weird work timings and hours
Inventory worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 October 2015
We had to visit different stores like clothing stores or groceries store and scan inventory items. Work hours were kind of spread all over the day. For instance, some time early morning at 6 am - 9 am and sometimes late night at 9 pm - 12 am.
Friends don't let friends work at WIS International
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 September 2015
I was looking for a part-time job to supplement my 9-to-5 to earn some extra money to pursue some of my outdoor passions. The ad which regaled the masses of tales of flexible working hours while working other jobs seemed very promising - just what I was looking for. Fooled me once, but not again! First let me say that the "interview" is in all actuality a free, unpaid training session of about 6 people. They tell you about the company and the job, train you on how to use the scanning guns, teach you inventory and scanning techniques, and at the end of the session ask if you want the job or not. Can't really get paid for training if you're not an employee yet, right? Training before the hire - that's where they get you. And when you actually get to work your first shifts, everybody is too busy trying to keep their numbers up that they don't take the time to help out the new people on the floor. Working for minimum wage, the shifts are not even worth showing up for. The first couple of shifts vary between 2 to 3 hours. So when you take into account transportation costs (gas, tolls, parking, etc.), it's actually costing you money to work for this company. Totally not worth your time! Now back to the flexible hours part. I was told to indicate my hours on the application form - fair enough. However, when you log into their online system they present you with a variety of shifts even on the days you clearly indicated to them as unavailable. So I asked the supervisor/manager on my shift what to do and she says you only need to mark as confirmed online the jobs that you can attend  more... and not to worry about the ones you can't make. No sweat, I can only make 2 of the 5 shifts they have given me online and I mark them as confirmed and such. The next thing I know, the area manager emails me telling me I have missed my shifts, I am ruining the reputation of WIS International, I have to be a team player if I want to continue to work here, etc. Listen Mr. Area Manager, your bullying tactics don't work on me! Being gainfully employed full-time elsewhere and more educated than 99.9% of your staff, I am not at all intimidated by you. It may work on others who need this job, but not me. Suffice to say, I told that area manager where to stick it. The job itself is easy albeit boring and repetitive. Sometimes you'll have to climb sketchy ladders to reach stock in the warehouses. If you absolutely need the job and can put up with the managers here, go right at it. Otherwise, you are totally better than this job!  less
Cons
Overall, skip if you need money at all.
Inventory counter and auditor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 September 2015
Do not make much money
Very flexible hours (you choose)
Amazing student job
Great managers
Stress free
Physical work
Short shifts - average 4-5 hours. Sometimes 2-3 hours.
Avoid
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta12 September 2015
70+ Hours a week for 40 hours pay

Lied to about my salary

Poor scheduling

Poor equipment and organisation

Inventory counters are classified as part-time to get around labor laws and time off periods

If you care at all about people don't work here as you'll see people being exploited with no reward or thanks
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Everything else
Co-workers
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON3 September 2015
While working at East Side Marios, I enjoyed working with all co-workers I had. They always kept the pace and had a smile.
A Day at Work
Inventory Attendant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 August 2015
A day at work was easy, I'd go and use a Wizard to scan SKU codes at variety of stores, to keep inventory count and right down on the ticket the Lines, Quantity, Values and grand total.
Cons
always on your feet or knees.
typical day
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Mississauga11 August 2015
company went from a family business to pure professional
no integrety or loyalty anymore
new senior management from the USA came in and set long term loyal employees out the door
Great Experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 August 2015
A company that will build you up. Work long hours they do not give you time off, so expect to work 60 to 80 hours. Company used to provide all managers with company vehicles but no longer do.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Long Hours
good co-worker, hour not guaranted
Part-time Counter associate (Current Employee) –  winnipeg23 July 2015
good co-worker, hour not guaranteed, lots of travel, few work hour in summer time. if u like travel, it will be a good choice
Not a good place to work
Inventory associate (Current Employee) –  halifax, NS21 July 2015
odd work hours
No job stability
Poor scheduling
You're not paid travelling time ( ie meet at the office at 6:15am, travel 2hrs to store location, count for only 2hrs, travel back to office (2hrs). Total time spent, 6 hrs. You only get paid 2hrs for counting.
Management does not care about employees
Feels like slavery
Rarely get breaks
Breaks are not standard.
they schedule you for 6 am, you end up working only 3hrs, but you get back home at 2pm
Pros
No experience needed
Cons
inconsistent hours
Horrible Company to work for
Inventory associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary,AB29 June 2015
Was working there for a month and got 1 shift for 3 hours and that's it. Area manager never replies to the mail's and the management is the worst. I realized about the working standards of this company in 3 hours. Supervisors were not at all helpful , as it was my first day no training was given apart from the hiring session, where they said in store training would be provided.

Worst place that i have ever worked at.
Pros
The employees were very helpful, they showed me the way on how to do things
Cons
The management (Supervisors and Area manager) were the WORST.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WIS International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7