WIS International

WIS International Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Better than being unemployed
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), HamiltonNovember 7, 2012
Pros: meet new people, kinda interesting work, career potential
Cons: minimum wage, no work stability, some 10 hour shifts
For a minimum wage job, the actual work itself is not too bad, even enjoyable - way better than sitting at a desk stressed out on the phone.

WIS makes the work challenging with a system for tracking how good you're doing compared to everyone else on the team.

Kinda fun meeting and working with other people. And yes, there is career growth potential. – more... The company basically does everything right in terms of company culture. If you only have high school of less, could be a good company to hitch your wagon to.

But....

The company's operations revolve around inventory gigs. Most clients only get inventory done once every 6 months. So they have no work... you have no work. (For Inventory Associates, anyway.)

After getting hired, I worked 3 days per week for 2 weeks.... then no work for 3 weeks.

They have you sign a document when you get hired that says they don't have to follow standard laws for breaks and overtime, etc.

So they may work you for 10 hours straight, with only a couple 1/2 hour breaks....then give you no work for 3 weeks.

Better than being unemployed. – less
NO LIFE AND NO SUCH THING AS A TEAM HERE
Inventory Manager (Current Employee), ALBERTA, CANADAOctober 23, 2012
Pros: use of a company vehicle
Cons: a lot
AVERAGE 80 HRS / WEEKLY AS AN INVENTORY MANAGER

IN ORDER TO MOVE UP YOU MUST RELOCATE

24 HRS ON CALL AND NO OT/NIGHT PREMIUM

NO LIFE, YOU NEVER HAVE A SET SCHEDULE WHEN YOU CAN EXPECT TO ARRIVE HOME. YOU BRING YOUR PLANNING AND PAPERWORK AT HOME 90% OF THE TIME

NEVER HAD A REVIEW AFTER WORKING FOR ALMOST A YEAR. NO MENTIONING OF SALARY INCREASE – more... EVEN YOU ARE ONE OF THE TOP PERFORMERS.

PROCEED WITH CAUTION. – less
Inventory Associate / Part Time (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 24, 2012
different locations
different places
management is ok
co-workers are fun to be with
long hours of standing,bending
counting
counting on inventory
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), London, ONSeptember 18, 2012
checking for inventory at different variety of retail stores, counting accurance quantities
The job is good but....
Operator of Electronic Inventory. (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 9, 2012
Pros: no free lunches
Cons: they don't care for the people. they need more sociability.
When I start from 7 am they only have work for 5 hours a day and 3 days for week.

Just I learn how it's work the electronic gun to scan products.

The hard is count Dollarama many things

Know people
good experience, good place if you like to travel
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 19, 2012
Pros: traveling
Cons: hours vary
your work day consist of working with a team, and doing inventory for a company, hours vary, managment are friendly, as well as co-workers. you also travel with this job all over Northren Ontario.
Treat employees very poorly
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 15, 2012
A company that has employees on an very difficult to reach production quotas and all over shift hours.
Last resort
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 8, 2012
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: low pay, long travel, un-flexible manager, very bad treatment from management
its a low paid job with lots of travel and little respect.meet people who come from different parts of the world, part time but takes up all your free time with weird hours,
Count things
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Fairfield, CADecember 17, 2014
Pros: count things, van transportation to work sites
Cons: waking up in the early morning
Go to different stores and count their merchandise. Hardest part of the job is waking up at 2 or 3am in the morning otherwise its a fairly easy job. Work with lots of cool managers.
different store every day
Inventory Supervisor (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLDecember 16, 2014
Pros: able to be home with my mom late morning or early afternoon
Cons: short breaks if any
Counting stores inventory, new location every day, new opportunities. Hardest part of the job was getting some co-workers to do their job, other co-workers were fun to work with, made some new friends. Drove the crew to each inventory. Most enjoyable part was when store manager & sub dept managers were happy with the final numbers & requested I come – more... back. – less
Lots of Travel
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Yuma, AZDecember 16, 2014
Pros: most co-workers were great!
Cons: not enough hours, not knowing when you had a week off.
Lots of travel. If you like being away from family and friends its great. Never knew the upcoming schedule. Scheduled to work for a store, confirm the job.... Next day your off that job with no explanation. No benifits. Some weeks no work and you did not find out until the Thursday before. Not easy to pay your bills with no work.
Great place
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Richardson, TXDecember 13, 2014
I gained a lot of experience working at UPS as Yard Shifter. I became proficient at my job. I quickly was asked to work more overtime and UPS learned they could rely on me.
Terrible experience
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Doral, flDecember 12, 2014
Pros: no previous experience needed, good for those with no experience
Cons: everything else
Work here involved arriving at random times, at any time during the day. There was no set schedule, you would be picked arbitrarily to go to different stores to perform inventory. Its possible you could work a full over night shift, and have to go in again in the afternoon the next day, then not work for 3 or 4 days. Any mistakes, no matter how small, – more... would get you a scolding from the managers, who were generally unfriendly and rude. Be on top of your own payroll, there were times that I wasn't paid for my work and had to complain to HR. – less
not fun or easy
INVENTORY ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), sherwood, arDecember 10, 2014
had to remember how to use 10 key and wait for help. management could have been more helpful when asked for help
Over Night Stays
Inventory Assistant (Former Employee), Lansing MiDecember 8, 2014
We would go to different city to count store and we was able to shop and see different things.
Just a job to get through life and/or get stuck with.
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Lawton, OKDecember 8, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: very very bad pay
It is a decent job if you are young and don't have too many responsibilities. For a man like me though,It's not the job. Not enough pay for the hours you work, some of the management are really rude and disrespectful. Fun job for the younger crowd,but a person trying to advance in life, pass WIS by........
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Ceres, CADecember 4, 2014
Pros: traveling
Cons: management
On a normal day I would get to work 30 mins before my shift so I can get ready when the crew gets to the office without misplacing anything. My job duty was the driver, so I was responsibility to bring the inventory counter machines and drive the crew to the designated store. After the store was counted by however time I wound round up my crew and machines – more... and head back to the office. If you need a second job or just to have change in your pocket this will suit you. – less
make sure you dont have a life
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCDecember 4, 2014
it's an OK job but I need more set hours and not hours when I don't know when i'll be getting of or if I had work that day.
Friendly workers with team spirit.
Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 26, 2014
Pros: change in pace daily.
Cons: lack of hours.
Many days working with the company we worked in teams.This at time made each of feel accountable for a shared work effort.I would say the hardest part of the job was the long ride to various sites. The management made everyone feel warm and cared foe personally.
To many chiefs, not enough indians
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Greenville, SCNovember 21, 2014
Was harassed on this job. Enjoyed the job and the hours. Enjoyed meeting new people and customers.

About WIS International

WIS International provides inventory management and merchandising services for retailers of all sizes, as well as to a range of – Read more

WIS International Photos