WIS International Employee Reviews

Do not apply!!!!
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2016
waking up early to go to a job thats 2 hrs long. Pointless job. Alot of standing, kneeling, and crouching. Management at the chesswood office suck at their job. When you go for the "interview" be prepared to immediately take the job- there is no questions or anything you just start filling out paperwork and get "training". Supervisors are a joke- they don't train you on your first shift they tell you to do what makes sense. Scheduling is a mess they expect you to finish a job at 1 am and start another at 6am. Alot of work locations are unsafe - working in tight confined areas and standing on shaky ladders. Don't bother applying!
Pros
No pros
Cons
Low Pay-No Hours
i found this a good place work
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC24 April 2016
counted stores stock manually and electronically. The start time was usually very early or around dinner time for evening shifts. The people were pleasant to work with. The management were easy to get along with.
Pros
driven to work
Cons
early start
Employee Autonomy
INVENTORY ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 February 2016
We work at our own pace, we learn to count inventory with our eyes instead of hands, the management is fairly nice and easy going. there is a very high turnover rate that you usually do not get a chance to get to know new employees and there are only a handful of old employees. the hardest part of the job is the travel because we work at different stores around the GTA. the most enjoyable part of the job is the short amount of work and the faster everyone does the job, the faster we get to go home.
Pros
Short learning curve for scanning wizards
Cons
travel time
need more hours
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON18 June 2016
when your hired for full time but do not get full time hours how are you to survive other then that good place to work
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON7 July 2016
The work environment is not too bad and the travels helps and makes the time fly-by, the people you work with is also helpful and great to have around
Horrible
Imventory clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB16 March 2016
Not a good place to work. Not professional by so many levels and just overall a bad experience. Would not recommend it to anyone
Pros
travelling
Cons
long hours without a break
Bad choice
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon7 April 2015
Worst management
Salary is low and benefits are not good enough
Lots of travelling involved
working hours not fixed and you wont make much
Good company to start in Canada
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2014
Good management.

Got a opportunity to travel & every day was different job atmosphere.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
Not fixed schedule
good to work
Inventory Auditor and Driver (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 April 2016
I learned inventory auditing management and they helped me to get my permanent residency.Management was good and friendly and I could travel all around Canada with this job.
teamwork environment and different place every day
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 February 2016
you day start when you check your schedule on the website then you know the starting time, the place and the supervisor. In the place you take a wizard and you start counting, in long shift your supervisor let you know the time of the breaks.

the people is nice, the job is easy, the shifts are unknown and unstable
Pros
fun and youth environment
Cons
you never know if you work a full week or just some hour
Positive workplace
Inventory Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 May 2016
room to move up, lots of great managers who are willing to help
alot of travelling
days can be long, depands alot on coworkers
I've work in alot of places and this was the worst place I've ever worked
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sudbury Ontario11 April 2015
I don't recommend anyone to work here I worked as a supervisor for almost a year and then they laid me off for the winter and never called me back then put I quit on my roe. Worst company ever.work u 18 hours with only one lunch break not paid, this company gives no breaks. I know I was told not to I was a supervisor.upper management don't care for employees. Very low pay......
Pros
Cons
long hours, no breaks, management is terrible, don't care about anyone
it's good work for people who enjoy counting different stores
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 December 2015
management team are great, typical day is start up the wizard, wait for the meeting before starting to count. co-workers are great to work with, the hardest part of the job is getting up from kneeling to standing, enjoyable part of working for WIS is counting different stores, some are easier then others.
Pros
supportive management
Cons
not enough hours
Not a good place to work
Inventory associate (Current Employee) –  halifax, NS21 July 2015
odd work hours
No job stability
Poor scheduling
You're not paid travelling time ( ie meet at the office at 6:15am, travel 2hrs to store location, count for only 2hrs, travel back to office (2hrs). Total time spent, 6 hrs. You only get paid 2hrs for counting.
Management does not care about employees
Feels like slavery
Rarely get breaks
Breaks are not standard.
they schedule you for 6 am, you end up working only 3hrs, but you get back home at 2pm
Pros
No experience needed
Cons
inconsistent hours
Waste of time
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario8 May 2014
At WIS, you could be a hard worker and be loyal & dedicated and that still will not be enough. Those that pull no-shows, or "blowing a shift" as they call it, will get lots of hours while you get stuck with little to no hours at all.

Sure, they may be fast at times, but what good is that if they are unreliable.

Then there's the incredibly long shifts and not having adequate time off between shifts. Of course, if you mess up at the next count after not having enough sleep, you get yelled at and possibly written up or "kicked off the floor".

Road trips really suck because you end up spending money you normally wouldn't on overpriced takeout. You will ONLY get a meal allowance if you spend more than one day at a hotel.

Don't waste your time working here, unless you are just doing it to supplement your income.
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
Not getting nearly enough hours, management playing favorites
Don't waste your energy or time, keep looking.
Counter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 January 2016
Horrible waste of time. Constantly stuck at assignments while waiting for drivers ,managers to finish, so that you can get a ride back with them if you take public transit. Otherwise you drive yourself and waste your gas as most assignments are only a few hrs. Pay is ridiculously low. You only are paid while you are logged in at an assignment and must log out immediately when count finished
WIS
Iventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON1 May 2015
depending on the hour you either go to the office or the job site
log into a device witch counts records your experience and etra
then on the job site depending of the type of work needed .. at any rate your counting products either 1 at a time or in multiples
Pros
lots of advancement room
Cons
odd and long hours
Horrible Company to work for
Inventory associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary,AB29 June 2015
Was working there for a month and got 1 shift for 3 hours and that's it. Area manager never replies to the mail's and the management is the worst. I realized about the working standards of this company in 3 hours. Supervisors were not at all helpful , as it was my first day no training was given apart from the hiring session, where they said in store training would be provided.

Worst place that i have ever worked at.
Pros
The employees were very helpful, they showed me the way on how to do things
Cons
The management (Supervisors and Area manager) were the WORST.
Better than being unemployed
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton7 November 2012
For a minimum wage job, the actual work itself is not too bad, even enjoyable - way better than sitting at a desk stressed out on the phone.

WIS makes the work challenging with a system for tracking how good you're doing compared to everyone else on the team.

Kinda fun meeting and working with other people. And yes, there is career growth potential. The company basically does everything right in terms of company culture. If you only have high school of less, could be a good company to hitch your wagon to.

But....

The company's operations revolve around inventory gigs. Most clients only get inventory done once every 6 months. So they have no work... you have no work. (For Inventory Associates, anyway.)

After getting hired, I worked 3 days per week for 2 weeks.... then no work for 3 weeks.

They have you sign a document when you get hired that says they don't have to follow standard laws for breaks and overtime, etc.

So they may work you for 10 hours straight, with only a couple 1/2 hour breaks....then give you no work for 3 weeks.

Better than being unemployed.
Pros
meet new people, kinda interesting work, career potential
Cons
minimum wage, no work stability, some 10 hour shifts
Great Experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 August 2015
A company that will build you up. Work long hours they do not give you time off, so expect to work 60 to 80 hours. Company used to provide all managers with company vehicles but no longer do.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WIS International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7