WIS International Employee Reviews in Canada

Better than being unemployed
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  HamiltonNovember 7, 2012
For a minimum wage job, the actual work itself is not too bad, even enjoyable - way better than sitting at a desk stressed out on the phone.

WIS makes the work challenging with a system for tracking how good you're doing compared to everyone else on the team.

Kinda fun meeting and working with other people. And yes, there is career growth potential. The company basically does everything right in terms of company culture. If you only have high school of less, could be a good company to hitch your wagon to.

But....

The company's operations revolve around inventory gigs. Most clients only get inventory done once every 6 months. So they have no work... you have no work. (For Inventory Associates, anyway.)

After getting hired, I worked 3 days per week for 2 weeks.... then no work for 3 weeks.

They have you sign a document when you get hired that says they don't have to follow standard laws for breaks and overtime, etc.

So they may work you for 10 hours straight, with only a couple 1/2 hour breaks....then give you no work for 3 weeks.

Better than being unemployed.
Pros
meet new people, kinda interesting work, career potential
Cons
minimum wage, no work stability, some 10 hour shifts
Not the type of work I'm looking for
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCFebruary 16, 2015
While I highly enjoy the people at my work, the lack of stability across the board makes it hard to give it any kind of glowing review. I have learned to adjust to working odd hours as well as just learning the basic curve-balls of work environments.
Pros
my co-workers, we get time off around the christmas season
Cons
not a stable source of income (one month we will work every day, the next we will have perhaps four jobs), not paid enough/properly
productive and fun workplace
Inventory clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto,ONJanuary 20, 2015
flexible hours,nice co-workers.

counting is important, especially for inventory system

Management is weird, old-fashioned

AQone and other methods are not perfect,need improvement

workplace is changing all the time
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
poor pay
Good normal job
Inventory Counter (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 8, 2014
• Tiring work but its good and worth working
• I learned accuracy is really need in working here
• Awesome managers
• Fun co workers they all good
• The hardest part is counting 500pcs mini items
• Most enjoyable is when our manager having a speech when the counting starts
Pros
free uniforms
ok
Assistant Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCMay 2, 2015
It is a regular company. however MANGERS are not interested in People who wants to grow. Especially when people got Experience and Education.
Productive, growing company and a fun place to work
Inventory Associate/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON & Halifax, Nova ScotiaJuly 24, 2013
Ensuring all programs are up-to-date before an inventory count, ensure all equipment are in working order, provide step stools/ladders for use of count, inspect vehicle is safe to drive to inventory count, ensure all employees scheduled for the count have attended.
I established a great relationship with co-workers, data processing using many different types of programs
Management was up and down
Co-workers were fun
Leaving the job to relocate
Most enjoyable were the people I worked with
Inventory Associate / Part Time (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 24, 2012
different locations
different places
management is ok
co-workers are fun to be with
long hours of standing,bending
counting
No work and very low work standard and poor work environment
Inventory associate (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford,BCSeptember 19, 2013
No work for long time..
I was full time employee and did not get even an hour work in last two month...
There are very poor and immature managers in abbotsford area have no skills to organize employees and work
One of my friend is fired bcz he did not work only one day and manager said due to ur availability we dont keep u in our company even he have valid reason for not working that day....
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
It's a decent job
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  ottawa ONNovember 25, 2013
They have a lot of hours in the beginning of the year. You count diferent varieties of utilities, clothes groceries. Depending on what kind of store they schedule you. I have learned how the inventory work in diferent companies. How important the stock of their companies is controled. I have learned how they manage to do different store depending on the size of their stock. The co-workers are always friendly to work with everybody. They are always ready to help each others. The hardest part of the job is most of the time the hours. You dont know what time you will be done. The environement is always friendly.They always recognize when you are working hard. You get a reward for your potential.
Pros
you get paid for long travel
Last resort
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 8, 2012
its a low paid job with lots of travel and little respect.meet people who come from different parts of the world, part time but takes up all your free time with weird hours,
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
low pay, long travel, un-flexible manager, very bad treatment from management
Worst job I ever had.
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer Alberta CanadaSeptember 29, 2013
Worst job I ever had, the manager's treated us like slave workers, I had 3 days off over the course of 4 months, I worked random shifts, and very rarely had enough sleep between shifts. The pay was barely enough to be worth it, and the damage to my knees from kneeling constantly has caused me pain ever since.
Cons
long hours, random shifts, very little days off.
Decent job for a 2nd job
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  British ColumbiaFebruary 25, 2013
I am lucky to have an amazing manager who started out as an Inventory Associate who really cares about the employees. We have a number of people who have been with WIS for 10+ years in my local office which shows that an amazing manager can make or break this job.
There is a lot of bending and climbing small ladders in this job and your count per hour is everything but you will meet the most facinating people and get to travel within your area. Some days will be harder than others (especially the days where you only get 2-3hrs between different counts) but this is not a job where you will be twiddling your thumbs.
The one big downside I've encountered is that you gets shifts when there are places to inventory and there is only so many places with contracts with the company. So you will get a bunch of counts and then nothing for a while so this job is best as a 2nd job and not as a primary source of income.
My favorite part of the job is how each count is different in its own way and I am never bored. I also am competitive and love to beat my own "time" with each count.
Pros
never get bored, every shift is different
Cons
part-time is all you will get, will work lots one week but nothing the next
Upgrade inventory skills, New experiences, Understanding new technology
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONNovember 26, 2013
WiS was managed by a skeleton crew.

Inventory season started in January and ended in February.

Inventory Clerks were assigned certain section of franchise store { store shelves or stock room }.

Managers instructed Inventory Clerks the type of inventorying requested by franchise store.

Managers were outgoing and friendly.

The hardest part of being a Inventory Clerk was trying to put my best leg in while knowing that my job was a temporary position.
Pros
good humour, provided transportation
Cons
lack of communication, training minimal, disguntle co-employees
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 21, 2013
I thought that WIS International was a great place to work but the hours werent stable enough for me. we had a start time but no end time so some shifts were only 3 hours and i wasnt sure if i was going to be able to make rent every month. I have a child so that wasnt suitable for me. my coworkers were great to work with and they definately work as a team. my manager was also great and it was easy to work withéfor him. the most enjoyable part of the job for me would definately be the people that I worked with, they made the job fun and enjoyable.
Pros
staff
Cons
unstable hours
This was also a great place to work
INVENTORY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABOctober 7, 2014
i would show up to office or store get my instrument to take inventory and would start to count the store i taught myself how to count fast to make it easier on me i was promoted to supervisor and i had so much fun with my workers the hardest part of my job was counting bolts and screws in home depot and the most enjoyable day would be when you just getting it done right
Pros
supervising
Cons
recounting store
poor company standards and management
counter (Current Employee) –  edmonton abFebruary 2, 2014
no paid breaks..even 15min breaks...no ot paid accurately..travel time not paid for fully...
Pros
easy job
Cons
read above
Excellent pople to work for
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 9, 2013
counting inventory for different stores. how to count with a computer. Management were great people to work for. coworkers were good people. the hardest part about this job was the travelling, I had an anurizem that Rupert in your brain. Made some great friends.
Pros
don`t reaaly remember!
Cons
like i said the travelling .
Great for students
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 11, 2014
You get to work at different stores and take inventory. I learned a lot about products offered at different stores and how to take proper inventory. The management is great and most of the staff is friendly and hard working. The hardest part of the job is making sure you get your quota.
Tasks
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 21, 2013
•Met with clients to discuss upcoming inventories and scheduled appropriate teams for inventories

•Transported Auditors to inventories if necessary , running inventories and planning work flow

•Worked with client's store personnel to ensure accurate inventory

•Trained Auditors, Assist Team Leaders in new methods of achieving organizational goals

•Kept track of equipment

•Managed the completion of Merchandising Projects

•Enforced company policies and enforcing among employees
Stressful and unsatisfying
Inventory Associate (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  KitchenerDecember 16, 2013
WIS is a very physically demanding job, with very little room for growth within the company. The experience I had with WIS management wasn't a good one, they treated the employees as slaves, no breaks, back breaking work, no encouragement, and constantly being yelled at.