WIS International

WIS International Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive but low hours
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Oakland, CAApril 4, 2014
Pros: keep you working, good co-workers
Cons: money doesn't add up to the work
This job is great for someone who's never had a job before but at the same time this job has to much going on that they don't really engage with there workers, when I worked there I never received my name tag my uniform or anything that was supposed to be assigned even when I brought it up to the managers.
productive & fun workplace
INVENTORY SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 4, 2014
it was a typical workplace with a good environment. also fun coworkers.
THERE IS NO FUN
INVENTORY COUNTER (Former Employee), Mesa, AZApril 2, 2014
Pros: you meet some good people
Cons: short break, hours unstable
JUST COUNTING STORE INVENTORY,NOT MUCH TO LEARN ONCE YOU KNOW THE JOB,CO-WORKERS KEEP THEMSELF,THE JOB IS NOT HARD,AND THE JOB IS NOT ENJOYABLE.
travel a lot and meet new people
Inventory Supervisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 1, 2014
Pros: a lot of overtime
Cons: schedule change from night to day on the week basis
can be better uf upper management reward counters like their deserves
enjoyed it
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 31, 2014
I love working with children, teaching is what i do, I like the small environment setting
Good work, bad people
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Lakewood, WAMarch 26, 2014
The work is honest, easy and enjoyable if you have a case of OCD. But the people employed there aren't the best. Often rude, discrimatory and hateful, it was often uncomfortable to work there. They also promised at the least 35 hours a week but I was averaging maybe 23-25.
Productive and great work
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 25, 2014
Great people, great experiences learned to include, customer service, team building and working, also great chances to move up in the pay scale.
a lot of counting
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: make your own schedule
Cons: a lot of counting
a lot of traveling and a lot of counting. but the good thing is when your going out of town you get paid for the drive after the first hour. same for the drive back.
inventory
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 24, 2014
scanned and kept accurate count of grocery products.Hated the early morning shift though
Slow work place
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: long periods of standing
when i first started this job was ok. its a very easy job, good for a first job. its a very slow job your basically counting all day
Worst Salary Job Ever
Inventory Manager (Former Employee), GeorgiaMarch 23, 2014
Cons: everything
If any company knows how to abuse the hours put in by salaried employees, it's this one. I was salary and would have been making $15.16/hr on a 40 hour week, but I usually put in 70+. Don't ask for time off to recoop or they might laugh at you. Don't even think about taking time of for medical reasons caused by the extensive hourly abuse. The combination – more... of this company and states that don't regulate overtime with salaried employees is deadly. I just quit and so I could get to my doctor. – less
Not a job to support a family
Inventory Supervisor, @WIS International (Former Employee), wilson, ncMarch 18, 2014
part-time job working full-time hours, long days. good place to see different sites.
Not an family oriented company.
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaMarch 16, 2014
At first a typical day at work was awesome. I learned to be more of a leader, and that i'm a very determined person. The management were out for themselves and the company, anyone who falls under that got treated as such. Promises were made and were never fulfilled. My co-workers were exciting to be around and got along with everybody.
active always on your feet a stand up job
INVENTORY ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 16, 2014
Wis is a good place for a second job.I appreciate my job and iam thankful to be a part of wis international.
Long hours, hard work not recognized with advancement.
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCMarch 12, 2014
Pros: work with alot good people
Cons: low pay, long days and hours with no advancement in pay.
You have to go back and check your hours that you worked. You have to ask about raises to managers after you know you have put in that hard work after the period where you deserve a raise. All employees are not created equal. Alot of favoritism.
co workers
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 7, 2014
comfortable to work around them. smooth work environment . looking for something better nothing to make a career out of.
Productive and fun place to work
Inventory Supervisor (Former Employee), Benicia, CAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: free transportation with pay
Cons: not enough hours
Working for WIS was like family. We all learned to get the job done in a timely fashion. It had lots of opportunities for advancement. Everyone was pleasant to work with.
Not enough hours.Not enough pay. To much traveling.
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Wilson, NCMarch 5, 2014
Not enough hours. Not enough pay. To much traveling. I enjoyed the people at this job. The ride from county to county is boring. Once we get to the store for inventory, depends on what kind of store& what I have to count& scan.. Matching my count with the Inventory already counted.
bogus hours like 322 or 427 am and the managers are very rude and horriable
inventory counter (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYMarch 2, 2014
Pros: rides to the job with paid wait and travel time and coworkers are very frendly
Cons: short breaks long days this job is time consuming
. A typical day at this job sucks once u get the hang of it also they want u to b superman for only $9.00 a hour
. I learned how to count inventory and how a store is ran
. management here is horrible i had a flood in my apartment and they terminated me the next day
. The hardest part for me was following the meet time because if u not there they will – more... leave u and write you up i live on staten island where the buses run when they want to
. I did have alot of fun at this job tho because u get to meet new peope from all walks of life different culture you almost become family – less
Easy work
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Westminster, COMarch 2, 2014
Pros: no shifts
Cons: hard hours
Working at WIS was a beneficial learning experience, which allowed me to learn a new skill. A typical day working for WIS could start either very early in the morning or very late at night. Thus I learned how to be flexible in terms of modifying my own schedule in order to account for theirs. I also learned that I had to adjust my attitude at work. – more... While at work the objective was to be accurate and get the job done as quickly as possible. Therefore whining, talking, and/or expressing ones particular opinion was strictly prohibited. The management made sure of this instilling a fear-based objective in the minds of the employees. There was always the threat of being sent home because your count was not accurate enough, being written up or being held accountable for working too slow to inaccuracy. My co-workers and I were very aware and very wary of this fact and tried to do the best that we could in order to avoid the consequences. The hardest part of the job was the hours working very early in the morning was not too difficult, however working at night was particularly hard on everyone. The most enjoyable part of the job would be when everything ran effectively and efficiently. When this occurred everyone was happy.
Although WIS instilled a fear-based objective in the minds of the employees, and the hours were quite difficult, the experience was worthwhile and thus made me a more effective, efficient and flexible worker. – less

About WIS International

WIS International provides inventory management and merchandising services for retailers of all sizes, as well as to a range of – Read more

WIS International Photos