WIS International

WIS International Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Travel, independant and competative
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 15, 2012
Pros: travel, fun
Cons: bad wage, difficult ppl to work with, no advancement
Count the inventory for wal mart, superstore, marks work warehouse..
Better than being unemployed
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), HamiltonNovember 7, 2012
Pros: meet new people, kinda interesting work, career potential
Cons: minimum wage, no work stability, some 10 hour shifts
For a minimum wage job, the actual work itself is not too bad, even enjoyable - way better than sitting at a desk stressed out on the phone.

WIS makes the work challenging with a system for tracking how good you're doing compared to everyone else on the team.

Kinda fun meeting and working with other people. And yes, there is career growth potential. The company basically does everything right in terms of company culture. If you only have high school of less, could be a good company to hitch your wagon to.

But....

The company's operations revolve around inventory gigs. Most clients only get inventory done once every 6 months. So they have no work... you have no work. (For Inventory Associates, anyway.)

After getting hired, I worked 3 days per week for 2 weeks.... then no work for 3 weeks.

They have you sign a document when you get hired that says they don't have to follow standard laws for breaks and overtime, etc.

So they may work you for 10 hours straight, with only a couple 1/2 hour breaks....then give you no work for 3 weeks.

Better than being unemployed.
NO LIFE AND NO SUCH THING AS A TEAM HERE
Inventory Manager (Current Employee), ALBERTA, CANADAOctober 23, 2012
Pros: use of a company vehicle
Cons: a lot
AVERAGE 80 HRS / WEEKLY AS AN INVENTORY MANAGER

IN ORDER TO MOVE UP YOU MUST RELOCATE

24 HRS ON CALL AND NO OT/NIGHT PREMIUM

NO LIFE, YOU NEVER HAVE A SET SCHEDULE WHEN YOU CAN EXPECT TO ARRIVE HOME. YOU BRING YOUR PLANNING AND PAPERWORK AT HOME 90% OF THE TIME

NEVER HAD A REVIEW AFTER WORKING FOR ALMOST A YEAR. NO MENTIONING OF SALARY INCREASE EVEN YOU ARE ONE OF THE TOP PERFORMERS.

PROCEED WITH CAUTION.
Inventory Associate / Part Time (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 24, 2012
different locations
different places
management is ok
co-workers are fun to be with
long hours of standing,bending
counting
counting on inventory
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), London, ONSeptember 18, 2012
checking for inventory at different variety of retail stores, counting accurance quantities
The job is good but....
Operator of Electronic Inventory. (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCAugust 9, 2012
Pros: no free lunches
Cons: they don't care for the people. they need more sociability.
When I start from 7 am they only have work for 5 hours a day and 3 days for week.

Just I learn how it's work the electronic gun to scan products.

The hard is count Dollarama many things

Know people
good experience, good place if you like to travel
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 19, 2012
Pros: traveling
Cons: hours vary
your work day consist of working with a team, and doing inventory for a company, hours vary, managment are friendly, as well as co-workers. you also travel with this job all over Northren Ontario.
Treat employees very poorly
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 15, 2012
A company that has employees on an very difficult to reach production quotas and all over shift hours.
Last resort
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 8, 2012
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: low pay, long travel, un-flexible manager, very bad treatment from management
its a low paid job with lots of travel and little respect.meet people who come from different parts of the world, part time but takes up all your free time with weird hours,
Not a good place to be
Van Driver/Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: you would get plenty of hours because people quit all the time.
Cons: no time to rest before the next store, everything else.
The location in Indianapolis is NOT a good office to work out of. Two cars, including my own, were stolen out of their parking lot. The only thing my boss asked me when told was to ask if I was still going to finish out my two week notice. We later found out that other cars, catalytic converters and gas had been stolen from the very same lot. Not only was this information not given to us before we started, they refused to do anything to increase security at the location. There are no cameras in the lot and half the lights don't work. Another thing that happens is you would work from the evening of the day before until around 2am, go back to the office only to get back on another van leaving at 3am that generally would not get back to the office until well after noon. Drivers wouldn't be allowed to rest before driving the crews out which is very dangerous. Half the vans were either already broken down in the lot or broke down at the store. The rest would have missing headlights, nonfunctional door handles, heaters wouldn't work right, the drivers seat would be stuck back at a horrible angle and the level to make it move would be broken off. I do NOT recommend the Indianapolis location to ANYBODY. Stay away.
Tedious and monotonous work with little advancement possibilities.
Inventory Manager (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJanuary 26, 2015
Typical day of work would start very early in the morning, before most stores opened for business. Included marking all products that needed to be counted for inventory, setting up units that collected all the information, and brief the team that was being lead on our time constraints. Very high turn over rate with inventory counters, not much area to advance once in the company. Hardest part of the job was making sure the inventory count of the entire store was accurate and expedited in a timely fashion before the store would open for normal daily business. The most enjoyable part of the job was the teamwork and camaraderie that was present when a count was moving swiftly.
OK place to work.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Shawnee, OKJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: odd hours
At Wis there were no typical days. Everyday was different. We had various managers that we answered to. The co-workers were nice, but basically it was a solo job. The hardest part about the job was the odd hours of work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the traveling.
Needs new management
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Merrillville, INJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: good pay, travel opportunites.
Cons: horrible management
Everything was great at first until after the first month. Most workers got lazy which made the rest of us work even harder because we had to pick up their slack but never got any advancements for our work.
Management is just horrible. Manager would tell us to not listen to the supervisors but would leave and have them in charge so it would leave the rest of us confused as to who to really listen to on that work day. Managers are cold hearted, for a lack of better words, and forced me to chose between taking my injured child to the hospital or leaving her alone and go into work. I called the manager 90 minutes before I had to come in and explained to him the situation as to how I was the only one at that time who could take my child to the hospital but he told me "if you don't come in on time today then don't come back at all" so I left that company and refused to come back even after he contacted me to come help them with a major store because I felt disrespected to force a man to choice between his injured child and his work.
Unproductive and micromanaging atmosphere.
Area Manager (Current Employee), ANYWHERE, USJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: cell phone reimbursement.
Cons: just about everything.
I would work about 16 hours every day during the busy time of the year, up to six days of week. During the "less" busy time of the year, I would work -- at the minimum -- 65 hours a week, which includes the incredible number of hours traveling from one forgettable town to the next. Honestly, there was a horrible life/work balance, and I will not miss it whatsoever.

Upper management is out of touch with the younger generation of workers that have come to be the most prominent base of their counting force -- relying on their old-school tactics to handle situations poorly. The amount of micromanaging is incredible as well, e.g. I could barely go two hours during my stressful mornings without a barrage of texts "asking" for updates.

Corporate would rather pay someone minimum wage coming into the company, slap them into real-time inventory situations without proper training (in most offices, but not all), than schedule someone that has been around for years and knows every account because that veteran makes too much money. They view someone that has been with the company for more than 20 years as expendable because they make too much for an hourly employee -- often times trying their damnedest to make sure that they never see their name on any of their inventory schedules by giving that employee an ungodly CPH (Count Per Hour) to attain. But, hey, after 20 years I'm sure that employee would love to receive a commemoration plaque from a company that could care less about him/her.

Oh, and every employee better be at 100% of their CPH come appraisal time though, or else that employee will probably not even be considered for a raise.

All-in-all, avoid this company.
I wasted years of my life here
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Southwestern OntarioJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: sometimes the office had magazines to read
Cons: the job and all the unethical things that came with it
I started off needing a job and liked the opportunity to travel and visit other areas of the country, but then after so much time I realized I was never really getting anywhere. Wage starts off as minimum with semi-annual raises of 15-30 cents so there's no incentive for pay. Company works on a CPH system which is how much you can count per hour. Management works on RPH system which is how much money the company makes per hour off of the employees. Because of this influx inventories are rushed so the employee works less hours and the RPH for the company goes up. This hurts all businesses because inventories are not accurate, management has a who cares/let's just get out of here attitude. Management pushes you to guess quantities of products and will schedule you less if you are slower trying to provide accuracy. For AQ1 I was told by my management to scan the same product consistently instead of each and every one like the store manager's wanted. Most shifts are incredibly early in the morning and only last 3 hours. Most weeks you work 20 hours. Travel for job locations less than 48 minutes away is never paid. Most days you have to fight for a break as breaks hurt the RPH. I was asked by my manager to use a rolling ladder with broken wheels that clearly had a sign on it that said Do Not Use and he said don't worry about it, it's safe and you don't have to roll it. Minutes cut off of every shift without warning or explanation.
productive and fun work wise and employees
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJanuary 22, 2015
working for WIS International was an amazing experience. Although the hours were haywire, i was sick because i didn't have time to rest, i was up and down with working full time, and on top of that barley ate because i was working so much, after one job was done i was on to the next, my managers were amazing though. i couldn't have asked for better colleagues and managers.
inventory control
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Corona, CAJanuary 20, 2015
counting all different materials, clothes, things at mall and stores. drive to different stores
Pretty much the most painful work experience I've ever had.
Inventory Supervisor / Manager On Record (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: money... when the payroll is correct
Cons: lack of sleep, 12, 14, 16 hour or more shifts, lack of respect from management...
Painful for your body and your mental state. Many times I finished a 12 to 16 hour shift and had to leave to do the same three hours later. Eventually worked my way into management, did the secondary background check and the urinalysis test... Then two months later had to take them again because my boss let the time limit to submit the information lapse. Then finally was a manager running stores and doing all the computer work and time sheet stuff but after two months never got my managers raise and was only making as much as a new hire. Still felt bad about quitting but at the time I did all the new managers at my office.. Including the ones who got promoted before me were still waiting for their raises. HR gives very dry mechanical responses and after waiting three days to hear why I had no raise and no laptop to run my stores on... I quit. I did'nt want to because despite all the bad I actually enjoyed a lot of the people I worked with. But I upheld my end of things and they didn't . I guess thats pretty much. What you can expect from WIS.
productive job
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), richland hils,txJanuary 19, 2015
I come in early morning, meet at various different stores to collect inventory at there store. This job is a great job because you get to work with great people.
Productive and fun with abundance in diversity.
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: travel and lodging
Cons: inconsistant working hours
A typical early workday. Learned many pricing variations with variety of products. I enjoyed management even when situations seem a bit intense. My co-workers though seemingly overworked seemed to come together on common ground to get the job completed in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job is getting up early enough. The most enjoyable part of the job is the travel. Getting an opportunity to see different cities and seeing different retail stores.

About WIS International

WIS International provides inventory management and merchandising services for retailers of all sizes, as well as to a range of – Read more

WIS International Photos