WIS International Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Co-workers
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Timmins, ONSeptember 3, 2015
While working at East Side Marios, I enjoyed working with all co-workers I had. They always kept the pace and had a smile.
WIS
Iventory Clerk (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONMay 1, 2015
Pros: lots of advancement room
Cons: odd and long hours
depending on the hour you either go to the office or the job site
log into a device witch counts records your experience and etra
then on the job site depending of the type of work needed .. at any rate your counting products either 1 at a time or in multiples
good co-worker, hour not guaranted
Part-time Counter associate (Current Employee), winnipegJuly 23, 2015
good co-worker, hour not guaranteed, lots of travel, few work hour in summer time. if u like travel, it will be a good choice
Not the type of work I'm looking for
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: my co-workers, we get time off around the christmas season
Cons: not a stable source of income (one month we will work every day, the next we will have perhaps four jobs), not paid enough/properly
While I highly enjoy the people at my work, the lack of stability across the board makes it hard to give it any kind of glowing review. I have learned to adjust to working odd hours as well as just learning the basic curve-balls of work environments.
Not your everyday place.
Training & Skill Development Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: travel and different location all the time
Cons: once you move up severe job loading with no salary increases.
Variety of work location and jobs when working at field operations level.
Management is varied, male dominated and very long hours.

The hardest part of the job is the long hours. You are never sure when you will end an inventory so this not a job for people that don't have flexible home/life time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. It takes a certain type of person to do this type of job!
worst employer ever
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 16, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: management are idiots
work is minimal and not steady. could be working one day then off for 9 or you work for 8 hours and only get 30 min break. this company does not give 15 min breaks been working with them for over a year if i could afford to leave or find something else i will.
Producitve and fun to work
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: travel to different cities
Cons: long hours, getting up early
The most enjoyable part of this job is you get to travel to differnet cities to count certain stores. My co-workers are fun to get along with. The hardest part of the job is getting up so early for work.
Very productive and efficient as a company
Team Leader (Current Employee), New Glasgow, NSMarch 16, 2015
I believe WIS is a great place to work. It is part time/season. Contract work( varies ) But overall i would recommend WIS for employment. Management is very understanding and willing to help. Plenty of room for advancement.
ok
Assistant Inventory Manager (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCMay 2, 2015
It is a regular company. however MANGERS are not interested in People who wants to grow. Especially when people got Experience and Education.
productive and fun workplace
Inventory clerk (Current Employee), Toronto,ONJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: poor pay
flexible hours,nice co-workers.

counting is important, especially for inventory system

Management is weird, old-fashioned

AQone and other methods are not perfect,need improvement

workplace is changing all the time
This was also a great place to work
INVENTORY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABOctober 7, 2014
Pros: supervising
Cons: recounting store
i would show up to office or store get my instrument to take inventory and would start to count the store i taught myself how to count fast to make it easier on me i was promoted to supervisor and i had so much fun with my workers the hardest part of my job was counting bolts and screws in home depot and the most enjoyable day would be when you just getting it done right
Bad choice
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), SaskatoonApril 7, 2015
Worst management
Salary is low and benefits are not good enough
Lots of travelling involved
working hours not fixed and you wont make much
good experience
Inventory Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 17, 2015
good for the entry level management, very flexible schedule. opportunities for advancement. good company to work for if you dont like to stay in the same location
Good normal job
Inventory Counter (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 8, 2014
Pros: free uniforms
Cons: long hours
• Tiring work but its good and worth working
• I learned accuracy is really need in working here
• Awesome managers
• Fun co workers they all good
• The hardest part is counting 500pcs mini items
• Most enjoyable is when our manager having a speech when the counting starts
very important to work with my team
Supervisor (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKSeptember 24, 2014
Team work is the most important for this job. for example, sometimes we do inventory counts for Walmart. Each small team focuses on one section.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that we can let our customers satisfied when they see our accurate reports after counting.
Productive, friendly co-workers.
Part time - Inventory Clerk (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: travel time is counted in our per hour salary.
Cons: long and short hours
In WIS International all the employees are very friendly and the management is good, I learned more about encoding and counting numbers fast. the hardest part is when our location is long distance we need to leave saskatoon very early. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we work together and helping each other.
Worst job ever
Inventory Supervisor (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 17, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything else
They treat you like robots, not allow to talk,not allow to go to washroom,not allow to do anything, all they wipe you to do is never stop counting, I feel like a slave in a coal mine.

Plus, zero advance opportunities especially in Winnipeg, 3 annoying manager+ an total jerk area manager, they have been work there like 20 years, never move, you will never get a chance to be promoted
Upgrade inventory skills, New experiences, Understanding new technology
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONNovember 26, 2013
Pros: good humour, provided transportation
Cons: lack of communication, training minimal, disguntle co-employees
WiS was managed by a skeleton crew.

Inventory season started in January and ended in February.

Inventory Clerks were assigned certain section of franchise store { store shelves or stock room }.

Managers instructed Inventory Clerks the type of inventorying requested by franchise store.

Managers were outgoing and friendly.

The hardest part of being a Inventory Clerk was trying to put my best leg in while knowing that my job was a temporary position.
Tasks
Area Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 21, 2013
•Met with clients to discuss upcoming inventories and scheduled appropriate teams for inventories

•Transported Auditors to inventories if necessary , running inventories and planning work flow

•Worked with client's store personnel to ensure accurate inventory

•Trained Auditors, Assist Team Leaders in new methods of achieving organizational goals

•Kept track of equipment

•Managed the completion of Merchandising Projects

•Enforced company policies and enforcing among employees
It's a decent job
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), ottawa ONNovember 25, 2013
Pros: you get paid for long travel
They have a lot of hours in the beginning of the year. You count diferent varieties of utilities, clothes groceries. Depending on what kind of store they schedule you. I have learned how the inventory work in diferent companies. How important the stock of their companies is controled. I have learned how they manage to do different store depending on the size of their stock. The co-workers are always friendly to work with everybody. They are always ready to help each others. The hardest part of the job is most of the time the hours. You dont know what time you will be done. The environement is always friendly.They always recognize when you are working hard. You get a reward for your potential.
Headquarters