WIS International

WIS International Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Wasted My Time
Counter (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: paid travel
Cons: poor management
I had recently worked with WIS in 2011 and was then dismissed from work due after an argument with the supervisor at the time. Come 2014, I would re-apply and be contacted.
Let me explain the situation in 2011. The company had lost it's Kamloopa Area Manager and I believe the Area Manager from Kelowna was filling in while new management was found. With – more... the management issues and the supervisor constantly breathing down my neck because he thought I would be counting faster, I told him to politely back off as I was doing the best I could. Needless to say I was let go that day.
Now that isn't what my complaint is about. I know I stepped a line by standing my ground against someone with higher authority; my complaint stands with the interview I attended this year on January 11th.
I came to the interview well dressed and ready to answer any and all questions the supervisor may have for an ex-employee. I answered them and the conversation went smoothly. However, at the end of the interview (about 15 minutes later), he told me he had heard about my poor reliability. Now thinking back to 2011 I could not recall any time I wasn't at work and the few days I came in late were excused because my reasons were solid. The interviewer told me had he known this before he would not have scheduled an interview.
Of course, I had taken my time getting ready for it, I planned my day out around this interview and it was all for nothing. What I was hearing was "I knew I wasn't going to hire you from the get-go."
So why not call me before hand and tell me such? I have a life. I have bills to pay and to have my time wasted in such a way was insulting. Rather than call before hand and cancel the interview, he went on with it, wasting his and (more importantly) my time. Time I could have used seeking a job where the interviewer was interested in what I had to offer. – less
Stressful and unsatisfying
Inventory Associate (Part-Time) (Former Employee), KitchenerDecember 16, 2013
WIS is a very physically demanding job, with very little room for growth within the company. The experience I had with WIS management wasn't a good one, they treated the employees as slaves, no breaks, back breaking work, no encouragement, and constantly being yelled at.
Upgrade inventory skills, New experiences, Understanding new technology
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONNovember 26, 2013
Pros: good humour, provided transportation
Cons: lack of communication, training minimal, disguntle co-employees
WiS was managed by a skeleton crew.

Inventory season started in January and ended in February.

Inventory Clerks were assigned certain section of franchise store { store shelves or stock room }.

Managers instructed Inventory Clerks the type of inventorying requested by franchise store.

Managers were outgoing and friendly.

The hardest part of being – more... a Inventory Clerk was trying to put my best leg in while knowing that my job was a temporary position. – less
It's a decent job
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), ottawa ONNovember 25, 2013
Pros: you get paid for long travel
They have a lot of hours in the beginning of the year. You count diferent varieties of utilities, clothes groceries. Depending on what kind of store they schedule you. I have learned how the inventory work in diferent companies. How important the stock of their companies is controled. I have learned how they manage to do different store depending on – more... the size of their stock. The co-workers are always friendly to work with everybody. They are always ready to help each others. The hardest part of the job is most of the time the hours. You dont know what time you will be done. The environement is always friendly.They always recognize when you are working hard. You get a reward for your potential. – less
Tasks
Area Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 21, 2013
•Met with clients to discuss upcoming inventories and scheduled appropriate teams for inventories

•Transported Auditors to inventories if necessary , running inventories and planning work flow

•Worked with client's store personnel to ensure accurate inventory

•Trained Auditors, Assist Team Leaders in new methods of achieving organizational goals

•Kept – more... track of equipment

•Managed the completion of Merchandising Projects

•Enforced company policies and enforcing among employees – less
nothing good
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), OntarioOctober 29, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything. inventory management based on cheap labour
Humans are not supposed to be doing this in the 21st century. There are some very good software tools for such work.
If you like travel than you will like this job
Inventory Clerk/Supervisor (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCOctober 20, 2013
Pros: travel, travel pay and base pay
Cons: no benefits
If you know how to count.. its pretty simple job. Its the travel and constant stareing at objects that can get to you. a typical day at work can be anywhere from two and a half hours long to 17 hours long.. that is including travel time. All sorts of different inventory locations from hardware stores to convenient store locations. I have learned that – more... counting can be alot of fun with the right people around you.. I did it for quite a long period of time and stayed with it because you were at a different location and different kind of count everyday. You get to travel from kamloops up to three hours away and sometime longer outside the area, meet lots of cool people and have alot of fun on road trips. The hardest part of the job would be the wear and tare the travelling can take on your body over time. Also stareing at objects over and over again counting can do a number on your eyes. Most enjoyable part is finishing the large jobs in record times. That was always fun! – less
Excellent pople to work for
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 9, 2013
Pros: don`t reaaly remember!
Cons: like i said the travelling .
counting inventory for different stores. how to count with a computer. Management were great people to work for. coworkers were good people. the hardest part about this job was the travelling, I had an anurizem that Rupert in your brain. Made some great friends.
Worst job I ever had.
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Red Deer Alberta CanadaSeptember 29, 2013
Cons: long hours, random shifts, very little days off.
Worst job I ever had, the manager's treated us like slave workers, I had 3 days off over the course of 4 months, I worked random shifts, and very rarely had enough sleep between shifts. The pay was barely enough to be worth it, and the damage to my knees from kneeling constantly has caused me pain ever since.
No work and very low work standard and poor work environment
Inventory associate (Former Employee), Abbotsford,BCSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: nothing
No work for long time..
I was full time employee and did not get even an hour work in last two month...
There are very poor and immature managers in abbotsford area have no skills to organize employees and work
One of my friend is fired bcz he did not work only one day and manager said due to ur availability we dont keep u in our company even he have – more... valid reason for not working that day.... – less
Counting inventory
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Brantford, ONSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: early mornings
Go in get your wisard and count sections of a store. Record totals, counting. Co workers were great, time management,
Productive, growing company and a fun place to work
Inventory Associate/Supervisor (Former Employee), Kitchener, ON & Halifax, Nova ScotiaJuly 24, 2013
Ensuring all programs are up-to-date before an inventory count, ensure all equipment are in working order, provide step stools/ladders for use of count, inspect vehicle is safe to drive to inventory count, ensure all employees scheduled for the count have attended.
I established a great relationship with co-workers, data processing using many different – more... types of programs
Management was up and down
Co-workers were fun
Leaving the job to relocate
Most enjoyable were the people I worked with – less
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 21, 2013
Pros: staff
Cons: unstable hours
I thought that WIS International was a great place to work but the hours werent stable enough for me. we had a start time but no end time so some shifts were only 3 hours and i wasnt sure if i was going to be able to make rent every month. I have a child so that wasnt suitable for me. my coworkers were great to work with and they definately work as – more... a team. my manager was also great and it was easy to work withéfor him. the most enjoyable part of the job for me would definately be the people that I worked with, they made the job fun and enjoyable. – less
Looking for a career
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), VictoriaJune 12, 2013
Hello -

I am looking for a career at this point, not just a job. I dont wish to speak ill of any employer; as WIS is a great company to work for, I would rather not be working with the company.
inventory
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 10, 2013
- Inventory was usually done when the store was closed. Hence, the work hours were early or late.
- I learnt customer service skills, as we dealt with client directly.
- The job required cooperation, so every employee had to work together to finish the inventory of a store.
- Interaction with co-workers and the client was really fun. But the timings – more... of the job were not the best part. – less
inventory clerk
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 29, 2013
i loved the pace of this job, and the experience of travelling out of town, what i didnt like was the pay and the lack of hours at times
Decent job for a 2nd job
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), British ColumbiaFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: never get bored, every shift is different
Cons: part-time is all you will get, will work lots one week but nothing the next
I am lucky to have an amazing manager who started out as an Inventory Associate who really cares about the employees. We have a number of people who have been with WIS for 10+ years in my local office which shows that an amazing manager can make or break this job.
There is a lot of bending and climbing small ladders in this job and your count per hour – more... is everything but you will meet the most facinating people and get to travel within your area. Some days will be harder than others (especially the days where you only get 2-3hrs between different counts) but this is not a job where you will be twiddling your thumbs.
The one big downside I've encountered is that you gets shifts when there are places to inventory and there is only so many places with contracts with the company. So you will get a bunch of counts and then nothing for a while so this job is best as a 2nd job and not as a primary source of income.
My favorite part of the job is how each count is different in its own way and I am never bored. I also am competitive and love to beat my own "time" with each count. – less
productive
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: easy to file off for holiday
Cons: long hours of working and less sleep
* Its easy to do the job, but I couldn't tell the satisfaction cause it is not worth to work for a such hassle tasks and doing it only for 3 to 4 hours less paid but full of stressful and fatigue type of work.
* I've learned how to manage time and work with patience to other.
* Management are untidy, doing scheduling and wrong treatment for the workers, – more... unfair giving of raise and inconsideration for the right of the workers.
* easy to get along with the co-workers
* nothing is enjoyable from the part of my job. – less
Depends on what you're looking for
Junior .Net Programmer (Current Employee), MississaugaJanuary 6, 2013
Pros: friendly people, stability
Cons: low salaries, no career growth
It provides job stability, however, it doesn't provide career growth. People are friendly yet salaries are low.
Travel, independant and competative
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 15, 2012
Pros: travel, fun
Cons: bad wage, difficult ppl to work with, no advancement
Count the inventory for wal mart, superstore, marks work warehouse..

About WIS International

WIS International provides inventory management and merchandising services for retailers of all sizes, as well as to a range of – Read more

WIS International Photos