WIS International Employee Reviews in Canada

No Stress but horrible management
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 28, 2015
Job is literally just counting and after a while you just go into a trance and count but the management is lacking and you'll get more and more frustrated with getting to the jobs and the schedules.

It also doesn't help that if you can't count fast enough they'll just give you no schedules instead of letting you go.
Pros
No Stress
Cons
Bad Management and Hours
Overall, skip if you need money at all.
Inventory counter and auditor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 24, 2015
Do not make much money
Very flexible hours (you choose)
Amazing student job
Great managers
Stress free
Physical work
Short shifts - average 4-5 hours. Sometimes 2-3 hours.
A Day at Work
Inventory Attendant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 19, 2015
A day at work was easy, I'd go and use a Wizard to scan SKU codes at variety of stores, to keep inventory count and right down on the ticket the Lines, Quantity, Values and grand total.
Cons
always on your feet or knees.
Productive and fun workplace with soccer
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCApril 14, 2015
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to meet project and contact outcomes
• Professionally provided feedback to enhance service and product delivery
• Supported and trained new employees with respect to company polices and procedures
• Successfully attended to client concerns to ensure project outcomes were delivered according to specifications
• Established and maintained professional relationships with industry clients and experts
• Presented research finding and project outcomes to large and small groups
I've work in alot of places and this was the worst place I've ever worked
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sudbury OntarioApril 11, 2015
I don't recommend anyone to work here I worked as a supervisor for almost a year and then they laid me off for the winter and never called me back then put I quit on my roe. Worst company ever.work u 18 hours with only one lunch break not paid, this company gives no breaks. I know I was told not to I was a supervisor.upper management don't care for employees. Very low pay......
Pros
Cons
long hours, no breaks, management is terrible, don't care about anyone
typical day
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  MississaugaAugust 11, 2015
company went from a family business to pure professional
no integrety or loyalty anymore
new senior management from the USA came in and set long term loyal employees out the door
Great Experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 7, 2015
A company that will build you up. Work long hours they do not give you time off, so expect to work 60 to 80 hours. Company used to provide all managers with company vehicles but no longer do.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Long Hours
Not the type of work I'm looking for
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCFebruary 16, 2015
While I highly enjoy the people at my work, the lack of stability across the board makes it hard to give it any kind of glowing review. I have learned to adjust to working odd hours as well as just learning the basic curve-balls of work environments.
Pros
my co-workers, we get time off around the christmas season
Cons
not a stable source of income (one month we will work every day, the next we will have perhaps four jobs), not paid enough/properly
WIS
Iventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 1, 2015
depending on the hour you either go to the office or the job site
log into a device witch counts records your experience and etra
then on the job site depending of the type of work needed .. at any rate your counting products either 1 at a time or in multiples
Pros
lots of advancement room
Cons
odd and long hours
Not your everyday place.
Training & Skill Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2015
Variety of work location and jobs when working at field operations level.
Management is varied, male dominated and very long hours.

The hardest part of the job is the long hours. You are never sure when you will end an inventory so this not a job for people that don't have flexible home/life time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. It takes a certain type of person to do this type of job!
Pros
travel and different location all the time
Cons
once you move up severe job loading with no salary increases.
Co-workers
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ONSeptember 3, 2015
While working at East Side Marios, I enjoyed working with all co-workers I had. They always kept the pace and had a smile.
good co-worker, hour not guaranted
Part-time Counter associate (Current Employee) –  winnipegJuly 23, 2015
good co-worker, hour not guaranteed, lots of travel, few work hour in summer time. if u like travel, it will be a good choice
worst employer ever
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMarch 16, 2015
work is minimal and not steady. could be working one day then off for 9 or you work for 8 hours and only get 30 min break. this company does not give 15 min breaks been working with them for over a year if i could afford to leave or find something else i will.
Pros
Cons
management are idiots
This was also a great place to work
INVENTORY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABOctober 7, 2014
i would show up to office or store get my instrument to take inventory and would start to count the store i taught myself how to count fast to make it easier on me i was promoted to supervisor and i had so much fun with my workers the hardest part of my job was counting bolts and screws in home depot and the most enjoyable day would be when you just getting it done right
Pros
supervising
Cons
recounting store
Producitve and fun to work
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONMarch 4, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job is you get to travel to differnet cities to count certain stores. My co-workers are fun to get along with. The hardest part of the job is getting up so early for work.
Pros
travel to different cities
Cons
long hours, getting up early
do not work here
UNFRIENDLY COWORKERS
DISORGANIZED MANAGEMENT
ONLY ONE BREAK NO MATTER HOW LONG THE SHIFT IS YOU'LL ONLY GET ONE BREAK
ITS ONLY 10 AN HOUR NOT 11 OR 12

The hours are very random but they do warn you of that.
They are very disorganized especially management. They did not give me a uniform and i got in trouble for it on one of the bigger jobs. The pay is very low and u dont get ur paycheck right away not on payday you have to wait till your next job so sometimes you'll be waiting an additional two weeks for it.

Again management is very disorganized the co workers that are there are very rude and not helpful they're the ones that will train you and dont even do a good enough job at that.
There are no set hours for this job you leave very early or later in the evening so it gives you no room to have a life. They're supposed to honor you having a second job or other commitments but they dont they'll jusy fire you if you leave them short staffed even if you give notice.
the scheduling is a mess sometimes they won't even give you 24 hours notice for a job so if you dont check it online and miss it they will fire you.

Overall its a really bad place to work. They say your meals and travel are paid for but NOPE IT IS NOT PAID FOR i worked a 7 hour day and travel shouldve been 4 hours plus your supposed to get 21 dollars a day for meals that wasn't on my check either.

Also you only get one break if they day ends up being
  more... 12 hours long youll only get lunch break and thats it.
I strongly suggest looking for other work anything is better than tbis company

But i got fired for having other commitments and i gave like 5 days notice so again they're supposed to honor that and they don't.
Pros
Cons
long hours, unfriendly and not helpful staff, very stressful work environment
Very productive and efficient as a company
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSMarch 16, 2015
I believe WIS is a great place to work. It is part time/season. Contract work( varies ) But overall i would recommend WIS for employment. Management is very understanding and willing to help. Plenty of room for advancement.
Upgrade inventory skills, New experiences, Understanding new technology
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONNovember 26, 2013
WiS was managed by a skeleton crew.

Inventory season started in January and ended in February.

Inventory Clerks were assigned certain section of franchise store { store shelves or stock room }.

Managers instructed Inventory Clerks the type of inventorying requested by franchise store.

Managers were outgoing and friendly.

The hardest part of being a Inventory Clerk was trying to put my best leg in while knowing that my job was a temporary position.
Pros
good humour, provided transportation
Cons
lack of communication, training minimal, disguntle co-employees
Tasks
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 21, 2013
•Met with clients to discuss upcoming inventories and scheduled appropriate teams for inventories

•Transported Auditors to inventories if necessary , running inventories and planning work flow

•Worked with client's store personnel to ensure accurate inventory

•Trained Auditors, Assist Team Leaders in new methods of achieving organizational goals

•Kept track of equipment

•Managed the completion of Merchandising Projects

•Enforced company policies and enforcing among employees
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 21, 2013
I thought that WIS International was a great place to work but the hours werent stable enough for me. we had a start time but no end time so some shifts were only 3 hours and i wasnt sure if i was going to be able to make rent every month. I have a child so that wasnt suitable for me. my coworkers were great to work with and they definately work as a team. my manager was also great and it was easy to work withéfor him. the most enjoyable part of the job for me would definately be the people that I worked with, they made the job fun and enjoyable.
Pros
staff
Cons
unstable hours

2.7