WIS International

WIS International Employee Reviews

Not your everyday place.
Training & Skill Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2015
Variety of work location and jobs when working at field operations level.
Management is varied, male dominated and very long hours.

The hardest part of the job is the long hours. You are never sure when you will end an inventory so this not a job for people that don't have flexible home/life time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. It takes a certain type of person to do this type of job!
Pros
Travel and different location all the time
Cons
Once you move up severe job loading with no salary increases.
i found this a good place work
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC24 April 2016
counted stores stock manually and electronically. The start time was usually very early or around dinner time for evening shifts. The people were pleasant to work with. The management were easy to get along with.
Pros
driven to work
Cons
early start
productive
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 January 2013
* Its easy to do the job, but I couldn't tell the satisfaction cause it is not worth to work for a such hassle tasks and doing it only for 3 to 4 hours less paid but full of stressful and fatigue type of work.
* I've learned how to manage time and work with patience to other.
* Management are untidy, doing scheduling and wrong treatment for the workers, unfair giving of raise and inconsideration for the right of the workers.
* easy to get along with the co-workers
* nothing is enjoyable from the part of my job.
Pros
easy to file off for holiday
Cons
long hours of working and less sleep
Do not apply!!!!
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2016
waking up early to go to a job thats 2 hrs long. Pointless job. Alot of standing, kneeling, and crouching. Management at the chesswood office suck at their job. When you go for the "interview" be prepared to immediately take the job- there is no questions or anything you just start filling out paperwork and get "training". Supervisors are a joke- they don't train you on your first shift they tell you to do what makes sense. Scheduling is a mess they expect you to finish a job at 1 am and start another at 6am. Alot of work locations are unsafe - working in tight confined areas and standing on shaky ladders. Don't bother applying!
Pros
No pros
Cons
Low Pay-No Hours
Employee Autonomy
INVENTORY ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 February 2016
We work at our own pace, we learn to count inventory with our eyes instead of hands, the management is fairly nice and easy going. there is a very high turnover rate that you usually do not get a chance to get to know new employees and there are only a handful of old employees. the hardest part of the job is the travel because we work at different stores around the GTA. the most enjoyable part of the job is the short amount of work and the faster everyone does the job, the faster we get to go home.
Pros
Short learning curve for scanning wizards
Cons
travel time
need more hours
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON18 June 2016
when your hired for full time but do not get full time hours how are you to survive other then that good place to work
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Horrible
Imventory clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB16 March 2016
Not a good place to work. Not professional by so many levels and just overall a bad experience. Would not recommend it to anyone
Pros
travelling
Cons
long hours without a break
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON7 July 2016
The work environment is not too bad and the travels helps and makes the time fly-by, the people you work with is also helpful and great to have around
good to work
Inventory Auditor and Driver (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 April 2016
I learned inventory auditing management and they helped me to get my permanent residency.Management was good and friendly and I could travel all around Canada with this job.
If you like travel than you will like this job
Inventory Clerk/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC20 October 2013
If you know how to count.. its pretty simple job. Its the travel and constant stareing at objects that can get to you. a typical day at work can be anywhere from two and a half hours long to 17 hours long.. that is including travel time. All sorts of different inventory locations from hardware stores to convenient store locations. I have learned that counting can be alot of fun with the right people around you.. I did it for quite a long period of time and stayed with it because you were at a different location and different kind of count everyday. You get to travel from kamloops up to three hours away and sometime longer outside the area, meet lots of cool people and have alot of fun on road trips. The hardest part of the job would be the wear and tare the travelling can take on your body over time. Also stareing at objects over and over again counting can do a number on your eyes. Most enjoyable part is finishing the large jobs in record times. That was always fun!
Pros
travel, travel pay and base pay
Cons
no benefits
teamwork environment and different place every day
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 February 2016
you day start when you check your schedule on the website then you know the starting time, the place and the supervisor. In the place you take a wizard and you start counting, in long shift your supervisor let you know the time of the breaks.

the people is nice, the job is easy, the shifts are unknown and unstable
Pros
fun and youth environment
Cons
you never know if you work a full week or just some hour
Positive workplace
Inventory Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 May 2016
room to move up, lots of great managers who are willing to help
alot of travelling
days can be long, depands alot on coworkers
Productive, friendly co-workers.
Part time - Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK25 February 2014
In WIS International all the employees are very friendly and the management is good, I learned more about encoding and counting numbers fast. the hardest part is when our location is long distance we need to leave saskatoon very early. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we work together and helping each other.
Pros
Travel time is counted in our per hour salary.
Cons
Long and short hours
NO LIFE AND NO SUCH THING AS A TEAM HERE
Inventory Manager (Current Employee) –  ALBERTA, CANADA23 October 2012
AVERAGE 80 HRS / WEEKLY AS AN INVENTORY MANAGER

IN ORDER TO MOVE UP YOU MUST RELOCATE

24 HRS ON CALL AND NO OT/NIGHT PREMIUM

NO LIFE, YOU NEVER HAVE A SET SCHEDULE WHEN YOU CAN EXPECT TO ARRIVE HOME. YOU BRING YOUR PLANNING AND PAPERWORK AT HOME 90% OF THE TIME

NEVER HAD A REVIEW AFTER WORKING FOR ALMOST A YEAR. NO MENTIONING OF SALARY INCREASE EVEN YOU ARE ONE OF THE TOP PERFORMERS.

PROCEED WITH CAUTION.
Pros
use of a company vehicle
Cons
a lot
Bad choice
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon7 April 2015
Worst management
Salary is low and benefits are not good enough
Lots of travelling involved
working hours not fixed and you wont make much
it's good work for people who enjoy counting different stores
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 December 2015
management team are great, typical day is start up the wizard, wait for the meeting before starting to count. co-workers are great to work with, the hardest part of the job is getting up from kneeling to standing, enjoyable part of working for WIS is counting different stores, some are easier then others.
Pros
supportive management
Cons
not enough hours
Don't waste your energy or time, keep looking.
Counter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 January 2016
Horrible waste of time. Constantly stuck at assignments while waiting for drivers ,managers to finish, so that you can get a ride back with them if you take public transit. Otherwise you drive yourself and waste your gas as most assignments are only a few hrs. Pay is ridiculously low. You only are paid while you are logged in at an assignment and must log out immediately when count finished
Good company to start in Canada
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2014
Good management.

Got a opportunity to travel & every day was different job atmosphere.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
Not fixed schedule
I've work in alot of places and this was the worst place I've ever worked
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sudbury Ontario11 April 2015
I don't recommend anyone to work here I worked as a supervisor for almost a year and then they laid me off for the winter and never called me back then put I quit on my roe. Worst company ever.work u 18 hours with only one lunch break not paid, this company gives no breaks. I know I was told not to I was a supervisor.upper management don't care for employees. Very low pay......
Pros
Cons
long hours, no breaks, management is terrible, don't care about anyone
Not a good place to work
Inventory associate (Current Employee) –  halifax, NS21 July 2015
odd work hours
No job stability
Poor scheduling
You're not paid travelling time ( ie meet at the office at 6:15am, travel 2hrs to store location, count for only 2hrs, travel back to office (2hrs). Total time spent, 6 hrs. You only get paid 2hrs for counting.
Management does not care about employees
Feels like slavery
Rarely get breaks
Breaks are not standard.
they schedule you for 6 am, you end up working only 3hrs, but you get back home at 2pm
Pros
No experience needed
Cons
inconsistent hours

2.7