WIS International Employee Reviews

Horrible
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON12 July 2017
Highly not recommended the people there are just rude and they do not care about their employees. Working 6 hours straight and they refused to give anyone a break.
Pros
Paid travelling
Under valued and over worked
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 July 2017
The amount of hours that you are demanded to work verse the pay that you get make the job totally not worth it.

If you put a max workable hours with prep and recap time included I believe this would be an excellent job.
Well managed
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 July 2017
The system of the business and how the inventory associates gets to their job posts is very flexible. Training was well done before associates gets to the place of work.
Nice environment of work
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 June 2017
I hava learned how to make inventories at supermarkets, pharmacies, clothes stores . how to use the machine to make the inventory and how to count , using the code of the product or facing.
Pros
flexible schedule
Good first career
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 June 2017
Working at WIS International was an amazing first career for me and taught me so much about the job environment and what to expect from future careers. The people and managers made my first experience very nice and made me feel comfortable with my self.
Pros
Co-workers, paid travel, hours
Cons
Not being able to sit
Alright if you need something inbetween jobs
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2017
management is absolutely horrid, shifts can range from 4 hours to 12 which is really annoying if you dont know ahead of time. co workers are alright. the workload itself is easy however it can be tedious at times.
Fun
Temporary Placement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2017
FUN filled job though challenging te atmosphere made it easy the speed and the requirements of the job were well trained and it had an inclusive atmosphere.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 May 2017
A place where one will definitely enjoy the work culture. Friendly staff amazing, understanding team. Competitive wages with the room for advancement.
Part time / full time
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 May 2017
The work can be long, and some days can be short depending on where you're working for that day. The times are varied, and the hours aren't guaranteed. Good place to work if you're in a bind, or a tight situation for a job.
Weird hours
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 May 2017
I enjoyed working with people. I got to work with different teams every shift but the hours were weird. It wasnt the typical 8 hour shift. Sometimes it's short, sometimes it's really long. it depends on what store we're doing that day.
Pros
Team work
Cons
weird hours
Great for teamworking.
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON21 April 2017
Working with a bunch of inventory associates at once allowed for communication skills to increase as well as working in groups. All in all it was a okay job.
Very accommodative
Scanner (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC18 April 2017
I was enlightened by the calm, enjoyable atmosphere between co-workers and management. I also very much appreciated the accommodations and flexible work schedules provided.
Great team work enviroment
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 April 2017
Excellent job for team players who enjoy competing to improve both yourself and your team. Different work environments each day that helps keep the job exciting. Great for early morning risers who like to be home in the afternoon. Traveling in company vans is a great way to bond with my teammates- some of the best memories ever!
Pros
flexible hours, home by mid afternoon, well organized, great technology
Cons
somewhat physical- bending, climbing step stools
Good stepping stone job with some cool perks
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 April 2017
Ride in a van to a store count everything at store with a team that will get it done within 10 hours or less.

I like it because you're not always working with the same people or in the same area. There are travel opportunities that take you all over Ontario which is paid and hotels are decent. They are international so there are a lot of places you could move to many places and keep your rate of pay similar.

Hardest part is counting stuff on bottoms shelves, just hard on the knees.
Working at WIS can be stressful, but my shifts are flexible and compatible with my school schedule so I'm okay with that.
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 April 2017
A typical work day at WIS requires long hours of counting inventory and reporting to the accompanying manager, working there has taught me the importance of making less mistakes and being more efficient in reporting. The hardest part of the job would be standing for long hours performing counts, and the most enjoyable part is the compatibility with my school schedule.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Lots of change and time flies by!
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 March 2017
There is no typical day at work with WIS. One day you are counting car parts, the next groceries, the next clothing. Whatever the clients sell, we count!
The work is generally easy. Patience is a plus. Training is done on the job.
It is a physical job, so be willing to bend and/or climb stools. Reaching and light lifting is required. It's a great way to stay limber!
The hardest part of the job is that the hours are unusual. There is no scheduled end to the shift--it is over when the counting is done. Often working around retail hours, there can be early mornings and late nights. On the bright side, you are usually done work early in the day. Management is flexible with scheduling. There is seldom any down time so your shift goes by very quickly most of the time.
There is some travel (and opportunity for more if you are interested in joining the teams that are on the road). A company vehicle is used for out of town counts so you don't need your own transportation unless it is local.
The team you work with changes so you get to work with different people from day to day.
If you are motivated and eager to work, hours are available most of the year. There are a couple slow periods in the year, depending on the office you work from.
Reviews are done regularly and guidelines are clear regarding raises. Uniform is comfortable and inexpensive.
Pros
flexible schedule, work day goes by quickly
Cons
no scheduled end to shift
Scan the barcodes
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 March 2017
Staff is very co-operative, and all are very helpful specially the supervisors and managers are very friendly and are always there to help the employees
Pros
Enchancing my knowledge
work
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2017
I have been working at WIS International part-time
Pros
Good experience. Job is not too hard. Not many long hours, great management. Would recommend for a first job for high schoolers.
Cons
No cons. great. love it
Advice to Management
No advice. keep up the good work
Unkind people and horrible hours
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 February 2017
Working with WIS meant speaking when spoken to and sometimes only sleeping 4-5 hours a night. They had no regard or concern for their employees safety or wellbeing.
Very fun people to work for
inventory counter/driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary Alberta23 February 2017
we would go to different stores to count inventory.
They would fly us to Vancouver to do jobs.
we were outta town lots.
I also drove for the company.
I would drive a crew of people to Edmonton.
I would pick up rental cars when we were outta town to get to the motels and job site.
Pros
lots of work
Cons
no family time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WIS International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7