WIS International

WIS International Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
If you like travel than you will like this job
Inventory Clerk/Supervisor (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCOctober 20, 2013
Pros: travel, travel pay and base pay
Cons: no benefits
If you know how to count.. its pretty simple job. Its the travel and constant stareing at objects that can get to you. a typical day at work can be anywhere from two and a half hours long to 17 hours long.. that is including travel time. All sorts of different inventory locations from hardware stores to convenient store locations. I have learned that – more... counting can be alot of fun with the right people around you.. I did it for quite a long period of time and stayed with it because you were at a different location and different kind of count everyday. You get to travel from kamloops up to three hours away and sometime longer outside the area, meet lots of cool people and have alot of fun on road trips. The hardest part of the job would be the wear and tare the travelling can take on your body over time. Also stareing at objects over and over again counting can do a number on your eyes. Most enjoyable part is finishing the large jobs in record times. That was always fun! – less
Excellent pople to work for
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 9, 2013
Pros: don`t reaaly remember!
Cons: like i said the travelling .
counting inventory for different stores. how to count with a computer. Management were great people to work for. coworkers were good people. the hardest part about this job was the travelling, I had an anurizem that Rupert in your brain. Made some great friends.
Worst job I ever had.
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Red Deer Alberta CanadaSeptember 29, 2013
Cons: long hours, random shifts, very little days off.
Worst job I ever had, the manager's treated us like slave workers, I had 3 days off over the course of 4 months, I worked random shifts, and very rarely had enough sleep between shifts. The pay was barely enough to be worth it, and the damage to my knees from kneeling constantly has caused me pain ever since.
No work and very low work standard and poor work environment
Inventory associate (Former Employee), Abbotsford,BCSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: nothing
No work for long time..
I was full time employee and did not get even an hour work in last two month...
There are very poor and immature managers in abbotsford area have no skills to organize employees and work
One of my friend is fired bcz he did not work only one day and manager said due to ur availability we dont keep u in our company even he have – more... valid reason for not working that day.... – less
Counting inventory
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Brantford, ONSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: early mornings
Go in get your wisard and count sections of a store. Record totals, counting. Co workers were great, time management,
Productive, growing company and a fun place to work
Inventory Associate/Supervisor (Former Employee), Kitchener, ON & Halifax, Nova ScotiaJuly 24, 2013
Ensuring all programs are up-to-date before an inventory count, ensure all equipment are in working order, provide step stools/ladders for use of count, inspect vehicle is safe to drive to inventory count, ensure all employees scheduled for the count have attended.
I established a great relationship with co-workers, data processing using many different – more... types of programs
Management was up and down
Co-workers were fun
Leaving the job to relocate
Most enjoyable were the people I worked with – less
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 21, 2013
Pros: staff
Cons: unstable hours
I thought that WIS International was a great place to work but the hours werent stable enough for me. we had a start time but no end time so some shifts were only 3 hours and i wasnt sure if i was going to be able to make rent every month. I have a child so that wasnt suitable for me. my coworkers were great to work with and they definately work as – more... a team. my manager was also great and it was easy to work withéfor him. the most enjoyable part of the job for me would definately be the people that I worked with, they made the job fun and enjoyable. – less
Looking for a career
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), VictoriaJune 12, 2013
Hello -

I am looking for a career at this point, not just a job. I dont wish to speak ill of any employer; as WIS is a great company to work for, I would rather not be working with the company.
inventory
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 10, 2013
- Inventory was usually done when the store was closed. Hence, the work hours were early or late.
- I learnt customer service skills, as we dealt with client directly.
- The job required cooperation, so every employee had to work together to finish the inventory of a store.
- Interaction with co-workers and the client was really fun. But the timings – more... of the job were not the best part. – less
inventory clerk
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 29, 2013
i loved the pace of this job, and the experience of travelling out of town, what i didnt like was the pay and the lack of hours at times
Decent job for a 2nd job
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), British ColumbiaFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: never get bored, every shift is different
Cons: part-time is all you will get, will work lots one week but nothing the next
I am lucky to have an amazing manager who started out as an Inventory Associate who really cares about the employees. We have a number of people who have been with WIS for 10+ years in my local office which shows that an amazing manager can make or break this job.
There is a lot of bending and climbing small ladders in this job and your count per hour – more... is everything but you will meet the most facinating people and get to travel within your area. Some days will be harder than others (especially the days where you only get 2-3hrs between different counts) but this is not a job where you will be twiddling your thumbs.
The one big downside I've encountered is that you gets shifts when there are places to inventory and there is only so many places with contracts with the company. So you will get a bunch of counts and then nothing for a while so this job is best as a 2nd job and not as a primary source of income.
My favorite part of the job is how each count is different in its own way and I am never bored. I also am competitive and love to beat my own "time" with each count. – less
productive
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: easy to file off for holiday
Cons: long hours of working and less sleep
* Its easy to do the job, but I couldn't tell the satisfaction cause it is not worth to work for a such hassle tasks and doing it only for 3 to 4 hours less paid but full of stressful and fatigue type of work.
* I've learned how to manage time and work with patience to other.
* Management are untidy, doing scheduling and wrong treatment for the workers, – more... unfair giving of raise and inconsideration for the right of the workers.
* easy to get along with the co-workers
* nothing is enjoyable from the part of my job. – less
Depends on what you're looking for
Junior .Net Programmer (Current Employee), MississaugaJanuary 6, 2013
Pros: friendly people, stability
Cons: low salaries, no career growth
It provides job stability, however, it doesn't provide career growth. People are friendly yet salaries are low.
Travel, independant and competative
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 15, 2012
Pros: travel, fun
Cons: bad wage, difficult ppl to work with, no advancement
Count the inventory for wal mart, superstore, marks work warehouse..
Better than being unemployed
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), HamiltonNovember 7, 2012
Pros: meet new people, kinda interesting work, career potential
Cons: minimum wage, no work stability, some 10 hour shifts
For a minimum wage job, the actual work itself is not too bad, even enjoyable - way better than sitting at a desk stressed out on the phone.

WIS makes the work challenging with a system for tracking how good you're doing compared to everyone else on the team.

Kinda fun meeting and working with other people. And yes, there is career growth potential. – more... The company basically does everything right in terms of company culture. If you only have high school of less, could be a good company to hitch your wagon to.

But....

The company's operations revolve around inventory gigs. Most clients only get inventory done once every 6 months. So they have no work... you have no work. (For Inventory Associates, anyway.)

After getting hired, I worked 3 days per week for 2 weeks.... then no work for 3 weeks.

They have you sign a document when you get hired that says they don't have to follow standard laws for breaks and overtime, etc.

So they may work you for 10 hours straight, with only a couple 1/2 hour breaks....then give you no work for 3 weeks.

Better than being unemployed. – less
NO LIFE AND NO SUCH THING AS A TEAM HERE
Inventory Manager (Current Employee), ALBERTA, CANADAOctober 23, 2012
Pros: use of a company vehicle
Cons: a lot
AVERAGE 80 HRS / WEEKLY AS AN INVENTORY MANAGER

IN ORDER TO MOVE UP YOU MUST RELOCATE

24 HRS ON CALL AND NO OT/NIGHT PREMIUM

NO LIFE, YOU NEVER HAVE A SET SCHEDULE WHEN YOU CAN EXPECT TO ARRIVE HOME. YOU BRING YOUR PLANNING AND PAPERWORK AT HOME 90% OF THE TIME

NEVER HAD A REVIEW AFTER WORKING FOR ALMOST A YEAR. NO MENTIONING OF SALARY INCREASE – more... EVEN YOU ARE ONE OF THE TOP PERFORMERS.

PROCEED WITH CAUTION. – less
Inventory Associate / Part Time (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 24, 2012
different locations
different places
management is ok
co-workers are fun to be with
long hours of standing,bending
counting
counting on inventory
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), London, ONSeptember 18, 2012
checking for inventory at different variety of retail stores, counting accurance quantities
The job is good but....
Operator of Electronic Inventory. (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 9, 2012
Pros: no free lunches
Cons: they don't care for the people. they need more sociability.
When I start from 7 am they only have work for 5 hours a day and 3 days for week.

Just I learn how it's work the electronic gun to scan products.

The hard is count Dollarama many things

Know people
good experience, good place if you like to travel
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 19, 2012
Pros: traveling
Cons: hours vary
your work day consist of working with a team, and doing inventory for a company, hours vary, managment are friendly, as well as co-workers. you also travel with this job all over Northren Ontario.

About WIS International

WIS International provides inventory management and merchandising services for retailers of all sizes, as well as to a range of – Read more

WIS International Photos