WIS International Employee Reviews

Good work for students
Inventory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 February 2017
Overall very good job with chances and opportunities for career advancement, also if you work hard you get raises. The only problem is the schedule and uncertainty about the hours.
Pros
flexible hours, good management, chances for advancement
Cons
Floating Schedule
Depending On
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 February 2017
Depending on what office you work in the culture will be different and the management will be different, Greatest feedback to management would be to remember your employees are people and there is a level of humanity that needs to be provided to them. Things did get better with a management shift but still had a ways to go.
Long shifts with not enough breaks
Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB16 October 2016
In the beginning I loved working at Wis, but after a couple months of working there my opinion slowly changed. I loved my team I worked with and my supervisor but we worked big stores for many hours with one thirty minute break. Thankfully this job gave me a lot of work experience and I found myself constantly trying to improve and work harder.
Pros
Travel Money
Cons
Long hours, Not enough breaks, Rude management
Awful job. Nothing like job description. Don't bother unless you're it's your last resort.
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 December 2016
Was described as part time or split shift and worked 10 hrs with hardly any break. Then wasn't paid for all my time worked.

Areas to take inventory were a total mess which slowed down job then you got in trouble for not going fast enough. Meanwhile was told the stores were prepared for us.

Mind numbing and never ending. Terrible pay. Have to buy your own uniform before you even know if you want to stay with the job. Miserable coworkers. Supervisors don't care how long they've told you you'll be working or that you're waiting for a ride to leave at the end of the day. Only care bout the customer.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, stores are a mess, terrible pay, etc
Good place to work, easy job not much skills required than basic maths.
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 December 2016
Good place to work, easy job not much skills required than basic maths.

I would suggest to anyone who is looking for a part time job. The management is excellent and provide you with advancement opportunities.
Mind Numbing, Low Class Culture.
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 December 2016
Prepare for a repetitive and mind numbing position with WIS.

Hours of scanning tags and organizing shelves. Stores are supposed to clean and organize prior to WIS arriving to do inventory but that often is not the case so you will likely have to rummage through everything to keep your scanner info. organized.

Management LIES. Promoting the opportunity to advance, but you never will. And even so, it'll never be worth it.

Low class. Do not apply if you have aspirations of being successful.
Productive, lots of traveling
Inventory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 November 2016
Management and co-workers were friendly and fun to work with. Learned great customer service and how to do inventory for different retail stores. Traveled a lot.
It is a nice environment with respectful people
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 October 2016
I have enjoyed a lot of experiences at WIS with my co-workers, it's always a load of fun working because you can communicate with your co-workers and always receive respect as long as you give it. The only downside of working at WIS is your shifts are always an unexpected length because let's say you take a guess and say a shift will be 6 hours then it turns into a 13 hour shift. All in all, WIS is a very enjoyable company to work with and you're always in a good environment.
Pros
Respectful environment
Cons
You never know how long each shift with be
Pathetic company
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 October 2016
few stools provided, after four hours of continuous scanning you get just 15 mins off. Every time you have to go to a new location. anytime they can call you. Low salary. very tiring job.
Cons
low salary, poor working conditions, pathetic scanners, low salary
very friendly crew to work with
INVENTORY SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB15 September 2016
arrive at work select a wizard and get the program listen to supervisor and start work I was the manager so I would let people know what we were doing for the day I was very pleasant to work with so my crew were very pleasant to listen to my direction all of the managers of the stores liked my work sometimes we come down to the time wire and have to transmit by certain time so I help crew finish and get transmitted on time it was always a happy environment I would make for my crew so no one worked in a mad mode
Pros
fastest worker got coffee
Cons
if we went over time i would get a pizza
Worst First Job Ever
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 September 2016
Came to the interview and had to fill a form. Wasn't asked any questions when the supervisor just gave me my uniform.

First shift was a night from 7-12 and I didn't catch a break at all.
Only break I got was at a half hour lunch on a 10 hour shift at the Eaton Centre.

Supervisors are disrespectful when on shifts and aren't willing to help you. Had to teach myself how to use the wisard.

Only time anyone ever smiled was when I said they work us like mules because it's TRUE.

Most enjoyable part of the job is leaving the stores to go home and not having to take another shift 6 hours after you get home.

Hardest part of the job was being able to go to the shifts at all.

Don't apply for this job unless you've hit rock bottom in life.
steady schedule
Inventory clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 November 2016
Successfully scanned and counted inventory data using company scanner
Applied basic mathematical skills for re-counting and verification
Travel responsibilities included travelling with selected counting group spanning from BC across to Manitoba Canada counting for two major retailers; Wal-Mart Canada Corp and Home Depot Canada
Pros
locations changed a lot
Cons
hours not steady
do not work here
UNFRIENDLY COWORKERS
DISORGANIZED MANAGEMENT
ONLY ONE BREAK NO MATTER HOW LONG THE SHIFT IS YOU'LL ONLY GET ONE BREAK
ITS ONLY 10 AN HOUR NOT 11 OR 12

The hours are very random but they do warn you of that.
They are very disorganized especially management. They did not give me a uniform and i got in trouble for it on one of the bigger jobs. The pay is very low and u dont get ur paycheck right away not on payday you have to wait till your next job so sometimes you'll be waiting an additional two weeks for it.

Again management is very disorganized the co workers that are there are very rude and not helpful they're the ones that will train you and dont even do a good enough job at that.
There are no set hours for this job you leave very early or later in the evening so it gives you no room to have a life. They're supposed to honor you having a second job or other commitments but they dont they'll jusy fire you if you leave them short staffed even if you give notice.
the scheduling is a mess sometimes they won't even give you 24 hours notice for a job so if you dont check it online and miss it they will fire you.

Overall its a really bad place to work. They say your meals and travel are paid for but NOPE IT IS NOT PAID FOR i worked a 7 hour day and travel shouldve been 4 hours plus your supposed to get 21 dollars a day for meals that wasn't on my check either.

Also you only get one break if they day ends up being
  more... 12 hours long youll only get lunch break and thats it.
I strongly suggest looking for other work anything is better than tbis company

But i got fired for having other commitments and i gave like 5 days notice so again they're supposed to honor that and they don't.
Pros
Cons
long hours, unfriendly and not helpful staff, very stressful work environment
Fun workplace & friendly colleagues
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 November 2016
Must be able to stand for long period of time although helps you keep fit. learned to use a new machine for counting retail items. Paid travel help to sort of compensate for long distance workplace
Pros
Free ride and flexible experience
Cons
random hours and minimum wage pay
over worked and underpaid with constant travelling
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alberta31 March 2016
Personally i do not believe this was a fitting job for myself with constant travelling little sleep very few days off and low income, i would not recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
job security
Cons
long hours low pay
A typical day at Western Inventory Services
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 September 2016
Inventory stores in the morning, or night shifts.

We usually work in groups and are split in teams.

We count are sections than move to the next sections that are not being counted yet.

We are tested on our accuracy and ability to count more things faster.

We do not need to fill all parts of the tags out. Different companies require us to only give totals of shelves and quantity on the shelves.
i have got very good working expirance good team work practic having hand with differnt tools
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 October 2016
working with leader mechanical I have got good plumbing skills
but same time I was not free to practice different jobs but generally it was good to have that opportunity to developed new skill and knowledge
transportation and lodging is provided
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador18 November 2016
fun place to work lots of new places to see the supervisors are well trained and know there job. meeting others from other parts of the island. transportation is provided lodging if needed
Pros
lots of travel
Cons
have more hours
Fun workplace
Inventory Controller (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 February 2017
It is an easy job. But there are no proper shift timings. A lot of time is wasted in travelling. Traveling to different places is fun. Exploring new places.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Less hours
Very unfriendly environment
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC11 January 2017
Managers are rude, unhelpful and the work environment is very unfriendly and uncomfortable. Not fun at all, plus timings are worst

2.7