WIS International Employee Reviews

Awful job. Nothing like job description. Don't bother unless you're it's your last resort.
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 December 2016
Was described as part time or split shift and worked 10 hrs with hardly any break. Then wasn't paid for all my time worked.

Areas to take inventory were a total mess which slowed down job then you got in trouble for not going fast enough. Meanwhile was told the stores were prepared for us.

Mind numbing and never ending. Terrible pay. Have to buy your own uniform before you even know if you want to stay with the job. Miserable coworkers. Supervisors don't care how long they've told you you'll be working or that you're waiting for a ride to leave at the end of the day. Only care bout the customer.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, stores are a mess, terrible pay, etc
Mind Numbing, Low Class Culture.
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 December 2016
Prepare for a repetitive and mind numbing position with WIS.

Hours of scanning tags and organizing shelves. Stores are supposed to clean and organize prior to WIS arriving to do inventory but that often is not the case so you will likely have to rummage through everything to keep your scanner info. organized.

Management LIES. Promoting the opportunity to advance, but you never will. And even so, it'll never be worth it.

Low class. Do not apply if you have aspirations of being successful.
Depending On
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 February 2017
Depending on what office you work in the culture will be different and the management will be different, Greatest feedback to management would be to remember your employees are people and there is a level of humanity that needs to be provided to them. Things did get better with a management shift but still had a ways to go.
steady schedule
Inventory clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 November 2016
Successfully scanned and counted inventory data using company scanner
Applied basic mathematical skills for re-counting and verification
Travel responsibilities included travelling with selected counting group spanning from BC across to Manitoba Canada counting for two major retailers; Wal-Mart Canada Corp and Home Depot Canada
Pros
locations changed a lot
Cons
hours not steady
Very fun people to work for
inventory counter/driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary Alberta23 February 2017
we would go to different stores to count inventory.
They would fly us to Vancouver to do jobs.
we were outta town lots.
I also drove for the company.
I would drive a crew of people to Edmonton.
I would pick up rental cars when we were outta town to get to the motels and job site.
Pros
lots of work
Cons
no family time
It is a nice environment with respectful people
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 October 2016
I have enjoyed a lot of experiences at WIS with my co-workers, it's always a load of fun working because you can communicate with your co-workers and always receive respect as long as you give it. The only downside of working at WIS is your shifts are always an unexpected length because let's say you take a guess and say a shift will be 6 hours then it turns into a 13 hour shift. All in all, WIS is a very enjoyable company to work with and you're always in a good environment.
Pros
Respectful environment
Cons
You never know how long each shift with be
Good work for students
Inventory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 February 2017
Overall very good job with chances and opportunities for career advancement, also if you work hard you get raises. The only problem is the schedule and uncertainty about the hours.
Pros
flexible hours, good management, chances for advancement
Cons
Floating Schedule
Long shifts with not enough breaks
Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB16 October 2016
In the beginning I loved working at Wis, but after a couple months of working there my opinion slowly changed. I loved my team I worked with and my supervisor but we worked big stores for many hours with one thirty minute break. Thankfully this job gave me a lot of work experience and I found myself constantly trying to improve and work harder.
Pros
Travel Money
Cons
Long hours, Not enough breaks, Rude management
work
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2017
I have been working at WIS International part-time
Pros
Good experience. Job is not too hard. Not many long hours, great management. Would recommend for a first job for high schoolers.
Cons
No cons. great. love it
Advice to Management
No advice. keep up the good work
Good place to work, easy job not much skills required than basic maths.
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 December 2016
Good place to work, easy job not much skills required than basic maths.

I would suggest to anyone who is looking for a part time job. The management is excellent and provide you with advancement opportunities.
A typical day at Western Inventory Services
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 September 2016
Inventory stores in the morning, or night shifts.

We usually work in groups and are split in teams.

We count are sections than move to the next sections that are not being counted yet.

We are tested on our accuracy and ability to count more things faster.

We do not need to fill all parts of the tags out. Different companies require us to only give totals of shelves and quantity on the shelves.
very friendly crew to work with
INVENTORY SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB15 September 2016
arrive at work select a wizard and get the program listen to supervisor and start work I was the manager so I would let people know what we were doing for the day I was very pleasant to work with so my crew were very pleasant to listen to my direction all of the managers of the stores liked my work sometimes we come down to the time wire and have to transmit by certain time so I help crew finish and get transmitted on time it was always a happy environment I would make for my crew so no one worked in a mad mode
Pros
fastest worker got coffee
Cons
if we went over time i would get a pizza
Fun workplace & friendly colleagues
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 November 2016
Must be able to stand for long period of time although helps you keep fit. learned to use a new machine for counting retail items. Paid travel help to sort of compensate for long distance workplace
Pros
Free ride and flexible experience
Cons
random hours and minimum wage pay
Worst First Job Ever
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 September 2016
Came to the interview and had to fill a form. Wasn't asked any questions when the supervisor just gave me my uniform.

First shift was a night from 7-12 and I didn't catch a break at all.
Only break I got was at a half hour lunch on a 10 hour shift at the Eaton Centre.

Supervisors are disrespectful when on shifts and aren't willing to help you. Had to teach myself how to use the wisard.

Only time anyone ever smiled was when I said they work us like mules because it's TRUE.

Most enjoyable part of the job is leaving the stores to go home and not having to take another shift 6 hours after you get home.

Hardest part of the job was being able to go to the shifts at all.

Don't apply for this job unless you've hit rock bottom in life.
productive workplace
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 November 2016
All the managers are very nice and understanding
the hardest part of the job is when youre scheduled for warehouses
the most enjoyable part of the job was when i made friends and they helped me improve
Pros
you can take breaks
Cons
unpredictable hours
i have got very good working expirance good team work practic having hand with differnt tools
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 October 2016
working with leader mechanical I have got good plumbing skills
but same time I was not free to practice different jobs but generally it was good to have that opportunity to developed new skill and knowledge
transportation and lodging is provided
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador18 November 2016
fun place to work lots of new places to see the supervisors are well trained and know there job. meeting others from other parts of the island. transportation is provided lodging if needed
Pros
lots of travel
Cons
have more hours
Fun work place
Inventory auditor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK8 December 2016
It was a fun work place travel was pretty nice as you can get paid to travel and the other employees were friendly to get along with they offer rides in town and out of town.
Pros
Awesome opportunities to further you goals
Cons
Unkind people and horrible hours
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 February 2017
Working with WIS meant speaking when spoken to and sometimes only sleeping 4-5 hours a night. They had no regard or concern for their employees safety or wellbeing.
Scan the barcodes
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 March 2017
Staff is very co-operative, and all are very helpful specially the supervisors and managers are very friendly and are always there to help the employees
Pros
Enchancing my knowledge
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WIS International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7