WIS International

WIS International Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very important to work with my team
Supervisor (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKSeptember 24, 2014
Team work is the most important for this job. for example, sometimes we do inventory counts for Walmart. Each small team focuses on one section.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that we can let our customers satisfied when they see our accurate reports after counting.
Inventory Counting
Retail Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 17, 2014
Learned how to work as a team member. Also was given individual tasks. It was also a good learning experience. Felt the hours could have been better.
Interesting Job
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 30, 2014
Pros: work with new employees
Cons: travel time is different for every shift
Inventory Clerk is an interesting position. Training was provided and easy to learn. Shifts/Hours vary according to job location. Required to travel to location, scan all items for inventory stats.
Demanding
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 9, 2014
Demanding. Older, more established staff can be abusive. Management though will help you learn the tasks.
working time is so flexible
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), calgary ABJune 30, 2014
you can travel all over Calgary and outside in this type of work.
It's a good temporary job, keep it while looking for other work
Inventory clerk (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJune 24, 2014
Pros: travel pay
Cons: everything else
typical day, 50% of the time on your knees, if you're going to work here buy a set of knee pads (you'll thank me for this one). Your entire day is incredibly mundane, mashing buttons on a big black hand held machine that I guarantee will hurt your wrist in the first couple hours.
Flexible Hours
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 17, 2014
Sporadic job hours, you let them know your availability and you get hours that work for you
Travel a lot and meet new people
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 2, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: low pay, long travel, un-flexible manager
WIS is a fun stress free job with lots of traveling.Count stock in our customers stores and warehouses and work in diferent location every day.
Temporary job
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMay 20, 2014
Temprorary job that give you opportunity travel and meet nice people.
Waste of time
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioMay 8, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: not getting nearly enough hours, management playing favorites
At WIS, you could be a hard worker and be loyal & dedicated and that still will not be enough. Those that pull no-shows, or "blowing a shift" as they call it, will get lots of hours while you get stuck with little to no hours at all.

Sure, they may be fast at times, but what good is that if they are unreliable.

Then there's the incredibly long shifts – more... and not having adequate time off between shifts. Of course, if you mess up at the next count after not having enough sleep, you get yelled at and possibly written up or "kicked off the floor".

Road trips really suck because you end up spending money you normally wouldn't on overpriced takeout. You will ONLY get a meal allowance if you spend more than one day at a hotel.

Don't waste your time working here, unless you are just doing it to supplement your income. – less
Great for students
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 11, 2014
You get to work at different stores and take inventory. I learned a lot about products offered at different stores and how to take proper inventory. The management is great and most of the staff is friendly and hard working. The hardest part of the job is making sure you get your quota.
Worst job ever
Inventory Supervisor (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 17, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything else
They treat you like robots, not allow to talk,not allow to go to washroom,not allow to do anything, all they wipe you to do is never stop counting, I feel like a slave in a coal mine.

Plus, zero advance opportunities especially in Winnipeg, 3 annoying manager+ an total jerk area manager, they have been work there like 20 years, never move, you will – more... never get a chance to be promoted – less
not bad for a part time job
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABMarch 2, 2014
must be an early riser for this company.
a lot of travelling. some co-workers are overwhelming.
Productive, friendly co-workers.
Part time - Inventory Clerk (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: travel time is counted in our per hour salary.
Cons: long and short hours
In WIS International all the employees are very friendly and the management is good, I learned more about encoding and counting numbers fast. the hardest part is when our location is long distance we need to leave saskatoon very early. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we work together and helping each other.
All fun are here
Need to be Fast
Flexible Schedule
Joke Job!
Inventory Person (Former Employee), Moncton NBFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: they picked u up at home for out of town
Cons: lack of communication, everything is done by e-mail, never respond to voice mail
Was hired to for WIS Never got the change to work here as they e-mail your schedule. In December 2013 My internet was down so I called WIS and of course voice mail.. They never responded to my call.. I was to work on a Sunday(Had no idea cause of internet) and apparently they came to pick me up. I was up @ 7am they said there were at my house @6:30 – more... Nope they weren't.. They said they called me nope. When my internet was up and running they said they e-mailed me my new schedule and they didn't I would sent e-mails they never would respond I have have a notification that lets me know they looked at it when I called and did talk to some one they denied everything I came in with proof and they were speechless. If you want to work here Good Luck.. I know people that have worked here and they had nothing nice to say... They failed to tell you if your working in town you need to have your own transportation Good luck if you have to be at a store at 6am when there are no buses EXPENSIVE Cab ride When going out of town they pick you up but if your not ready when they arrive at your house they give you 5 minutes and then leave and your docked a days pay and they write you up – less
poor company standards and management
counter (Current Employee), edmonton abFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: read above
no paid breaks..even 15min breaks...no ot paid accurately..travel time not paid for fully...
Wasted My Time
Counter (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: paid travel
Cons: poor management
I had recently worked with WIS in 2011 and was then dismissed from work due after an argument with the supervisor at the time. Come 2014, I would re-apply and be contacted.
Let me explain the situation in 2011. The company had lost it's Kamloopa Area Manager and I believe the Area Manager from Kelowna was filling in while new management was found. With – more... the management issues and the supervisor constantly breathing down my neck because he thought I would be counting faster, I told him to politely back off as I was doing the best I could. Needless to say I was let go that day.
Now that isn't what my complaint is about. I know I stepped a line by standing my ground against someone with higher authority; my complaint stands with the interview I attended this year on January 11th.
I came to the interview well dressed and ready to answer any and all questions the supervisor may have for an ex-employee. I answered them and the conversation went smoothly. However, at the end of the interview (about 15 minutes later), he told me he had heard about my poor reliability. Now thinking back to 2011 I could not recall any time I wasn't at work and the few days I came in late were excused because my reasons were solid. The interviewer told me had he known this before he would not have scheduled an interview.
Of course, I had taken my time getting ready for it, I planned my day out around this interview and it was all for nothing. What I was hearing was "I knew I wasn't going to hire you from the get-go."
So why not call me before hand and tell me such? I have a life. I have bills to pay and to have my time wasted in such a way was insulting. Rather than call before hand and cancel the interview, he went on with it, wasting his and (more importantly) my time. Time I could have used seeking a job where the interviewer was interested in what I had to offer. – less
Stressful and unsatisfying
Inventory Associate (Part-Time) (Former Employee), KitchenerDecember 16, 2013
WIS is a very physically demanding job, with very little room for growth within the company. The experience I had with WIS management wasn't a good one, they treated the employees as slaves, no breaks, back breaking work, no encouragement, and constantly being yelled at.
Upgrade inventory skills, New experiences, Understanding new technology
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONNovember 26, 2013
Pros: good humour, provided transportation
Cons: lack of communication, training minimal, disguntle co-employees
WiS was managed by a skeleton crew.

Inventory season started in January and ended in February.

Inventory Clerks were assigned certain section of franchise store { store shelves or stock room }.

Managers instructed Inventory Clerks the type of inventorying requested by franchise store.

Managers were outgoing and friendly.

The hardest part of being – more... a Inventory Clerk was trying to put my best leg in while knowing that my job was a temporary position. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About WIS International

WIS International provides inventory management and merchandising services for retailers of all sizes, as well as to a range of – Read more

WIS International Photos