WIS International Employee Reviews

steady schedule
Inventory clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 November 2016
Successfully scanned and counted inventory data using company scanner
Applied basic mathematical skills for re-counting and verification
Travel responsibilities included travelling with selected counting group spanning from BC across to Manitoba Canada counting for two major retailers; Wal-Mart Canada Corp and Home Depot Canada
Pros
locations changed a lot
Cons
hours not steady
productive workplace
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 November 2016
All the managers are very nice and understanding
the hardest part of the job is when youre scheduled for warehouses
the most enjoyable part of the job was when i made friends and they helped me improve
Pros
you can take breaks
Cons
unpredictable hours
transportation and lodging is provided
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador18 November 2016
fun place to work lots of new places to see the supervisors are well trained and know there job. meeting others from other parts of the island. transportation is provided lodging if needed
Pros
lots of travel
Cons
have more hours
Productive, lots of traveling
Inventory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 November 2016
Management and co-workers were friendly and fun to work with. Learned great customer service and how to do inventory for different retail stores. Traveled a lot.
Fun workplace & friendly colleagues
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 November 2016
Must be able to stand for long period of time although helps you keep fit. learned to use a new machine for counting retail items. Paid travel help to sort of compensate for long distance workplace
Pros
Free ride and flexible experience
Cons
random hours and minimum wage pay
It is a nice environment with respectful people
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 October 2016
I have enjoyed a lot of experiences at WIS with my co-workers, it's always a load of fun working because you can communicate with your co-workers and always receive respect as long as you give it. The only downside of working at WIS is your shifts are always an unexpected length because let's say you take a guess and say a shift will be 6 hours then it turns into a 13 hour shift. All in all, WIS is a very enjoyable company to work with and you're always in a good environment.
Pros
Respectful environment
Cons
You never know how long each shift with be
Long shifts with not enough breaks
Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB16 October 2016
In the beginning I loved working at Wis, but after a couple months of working there my opinion slowly changed. I loved my team I worked with and my supervisor but we worked big stores for many hours with one thirty minute break. Thankfully this job gave me a lot of work experience and I found myself constantly trying to improve and work harder.
Pros
Travel Money
Cons
Long hours, Not enough breaks, Rude management
i have got very good working expirance good team work practic having hand with differnt tools
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 October 2016
working with leader mechanical I have got good plumbing skills
but same time I was not free to practice different jobs but generally it was good to have that opportunity to developed new skill and knowledge
Nice job for students
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON9 October 2016
the flexibility regarding shifts being scheduled makes this job a nice one for students and other people simply seeking a few extra hours. Job requires you to be on your feet constantly for hours.
Pros
flexible.
Cons
inconsistently scheduled shifts.
Pathetic company
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 October 2016
few stools provided, after four hours of continuous scanning you get just 15 mins off. Every time you have to go to a new location. anytime they can call you. Low salary. very tiring job.
Cons
low salary, poor working conditions, pathetic scanners, low salary
A typical day at Western Inventory Services
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 September 2016
Inventory stores in the morning, or night shifts.

We usually work in groups and are split in teams.

We count are sections than move to the next sections that are not being counted yet.

We are tested on our accuracy and ability to count more things faster.

We do not need to fill all parts of the tags out. Different companies require us to only give totals of shelves and quantity on the shelves.
very friendly crew to work with
INVENTORY SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB15 September 2016
arrive at work select a wizard and get the program listen to supervisor and start work I was the manager so I would let people know what we were doing for the day I was very pleasant to work with so my crew were very pleasant to listen to my direction all of the managers of the stores liked my work sometimes we come down to the time wire and have to transmit by certain time so I help crew finish and get transmitted on time it was always a happy environment I would make for my crew so no one worked in a mad mode
Pros
fastest worker got coffee
Cons
if we went over time i would get a pizza
Worst First Job Ever
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 September 2016
Came to the interview and had to fill a form. Wasn't asked any questions when the supervisor just gave me my uniform.

First shift was a night from 7-12 and I didn't catch a break at all.
Only break I got was at a half hour lunch on a 10 hour shift at the Eaton Centre.

Supervisors are disrespectful when on shifts and aren't willing to help you. Had to teach myself how to use the wisard.

Only time anyone ever smiled was when I said they work us like mules because it's TRUE.

Most enjoyable part of the job is leaving the stores to go home and not having to take another shift 6 hours after you get home.

Hardest part of the job was being able to go to the shifts at all.

Don't apply for this job unless you've hit rock bottom in life.
firm-mind forging
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK28 July 2016
Audit and Reconcile work done by the team of Inventory clerks
Inspect the quality of Inventory count as a part of the team when not supervised or engaged in other responsibilities
Provide services to both new and existing customers
Review and analyze service levels on a continuous basis
Establish and maintain effective business relationships with clients
Very friendly and helpfull people
invintory counter (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB26 July 2016
Working at WIS was a very good experience for me.The co-workers were very helpfull for me. You basically just count all the inventory that is on the shelves at a variety of different stores. The worst part of the job was having to kneel down to count the merchandise on the lower shelves.
Pros
paid lunches and free transportation
Cons
alot of bending down and reaching up
Easy to get but long hours
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2016
The work requires physically moving around, shifts are not fixed and long hours. But the team is very efficient and fun and it is an easy jo to get.
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON7 July 2016
The work environment is not too bad and the travels helps and makes the time fly-by, the people you work with is also helpful and great to have around
need more hours
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON18 June 2016
when your hired for full time but do not get full time hours how are you to survive other then that good place to work
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
do not work here
UNFRIENDLY COWORKERS
DISORGANIZED MANAGEMENT
ONLY ONE BREAK NO MATTER HOW LONG THE SHIFT IS YOU'LL ONLY GET ONE BREAK
ITS ONLY 10 AN HOUR NOT 11 OR 12

The hours are very random but they do warn you of that.
They are very disorganized especially management. They did not give me a uniform and i got in trouble for it on one of the bigger jobs. The pay is very low and u dont get ur paycheck right away not on payday you have to wait till your next job so sometimes you'll be waiting an additional two weeks for it.

Again management is very disorganized the co workers that are there are very rude and not helpful they're the ones that will train you and dont even do a good enough job at that.
There are no set hours for this job you leave very early or later in the evening so it gives you no room to have a life. They're supposed to honor you having a second job or other commitments but they dont they'll jusy fire you if you leave them short staffed even if you give notice.
the scheduling is a mess sometimes they won't even give you 24 hours notice for a job so if you dont check it online and miss it they will fire you.

Overall its a really bad place to work. They say your meals and travel are paid for but NOPE IT IS NOT PAID FOR i worked a 7 hour day and travel shouldve been 4 hours plus your supposed to get 21 dollars a day for meals that wasn't on my check either.

Also you only get one break if they day ends up being
  more... 12 hours long youll only get lunch break and thats it.
I strongly suggest looking for other work anything is better than tbis company

But i got fired for having other commitments and i gave like 5 days notice so again they're supposed to honor that and they don't.
Pros
Cons
long hours, unfriendly and not helpful staff, very stressful work environment
Excellent
Supervisor/Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON5 May 2016
WIS is a great company to work for. The staff is excellent in the customer service sector as well as with other team members. The managers are fast acting towards any problems that may occur.
Pros
Benefits. High pay. A lot of hours.
Cons
Slow months

2.7