WIS International Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Positive workplace
Inventory Manager (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 1, 2016
room to move up, lots of great managers who are willing to help
alot of travelling
days can be long, depands alot on coworkers
i found this a good place work
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee), Surrey, BCApril 24, 2016
Pros: driven to work
Cons: early start
counted stores stock manually and electronically. The start time was usually very early or around dinner time for evening shifts. The people were pleasant to work with. The management were easy to get along with.
good to work
Inventory Auditor and Driver (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKApril 18, 2016
I learned inventory auditing management and they helped me to get my permanent residency.Management was good and friendly and I could travel all around Canada with this job.
over worked and underpaid with constant travelling
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), AlbertaMarch 31, 2016
Pros: job security
Cons: long hours low pay
Personally i do not believe this was a fitting job for myself with constant travelling little sleep very few days off and low income, i would not recommend this job to anyone.
cheap hrs cheap $,great for someone who does'nt pay any bills-rent
Inventory clerk (Former Employee), Moncton, NBMarch 24, 2016
Pros: 0 to 1 break a day does'nt matter how long you work for
Cons: Don't work at wis unless you hate your life
you get spoken to like your a 6 year old. when someone else makes a mistake the supervisor yells at everyone for it. low pay undercut wages ,there will be times where you wont work for a week or 2 straight ..you only get 1 break a day , if you work 3-5 hours you get 1 break.. the same if you work a 9-12 hour shift . the schedule is never steady . AND MOST OF ALL ,THE PAY SU CKS NO PERSON WHO PAYS RENT CAN SURVIVE ON 600$monthly/$7200 yearly
Horrible
Imventory clerk (Former Employee), Saint John, NBMarch 16, 2016
Pros: travelling
Cons: long hours without a break
Not a good place to work. Not professional by so many levels and just overall a bad experience. Would not recommend it to anyone
teamwork environment and different place every day
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 24, 2016
Pros: fun and youth environment
Cons: you never know if you work a full week or just some hour
you day start when you check your schedule on the website then you know the starting time, the place and the supervisor. In the place you take a wizard and you start counting, in long shift your supervisor let you know the time of the breaks.

the people is nice, the job is easy, the shifts are unknown and unstable
Employee Autonomy
INVENTORY ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: Short learning curve for scanning wizards
Cons: travel time
We work at our own pace, we learn to count inventory with our eyes instead of hands, the management is fairly nice and easy going. there is a very high turnover rate that you usually do not get a chance to get to know new employees and there are only a handful of old employees. the hardest part of the job is the travel because we work at different stores around the GTA. the most enjoyable part of the job is the short amount of work and the faster everyone does the job, the faster we get to go home.
Do not apply!!!!
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: No pros
Cons: Low Pay-No Hours
waking up early to go to a job thats 2 hrs long. Pointless job. Alot of standing, kneeling, and crouching. Management at the chesswood office suck at their job. When you go for the "interview" be prepared to immediately take the job- there is no questions or anything you just start filling out paperwork and get "training". Supervisors are a joke- they don't train you on your first shift they tell you to do what makes sense. Scheduling is a mess they expect you to finish a job at 1 am and start another at 6am. Alot of work locations are unsafe - working in tight confined areas and standing on shaky ladders. Don't bother applying!
Don't waste your energy or time, keep looking.
Counter (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 7, 2016
Horrible waste of time. Constantly stuck at assignments while waiting for drivers ,managers to finish, so that you can get a ride back with them if you take public transit. Otherwise you drive yourself and waste your gas as most assignments are only a few hrs. Pay is ridiculously low. You only are paid while you are logged in at an assignment and must log out immediately when count finished
it's good work for people who enjoy counting different stores
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 1, 2015
Pros: supportive management
Cons: not enough hours
management team are great, typical day is start up the wizard, wait for the meeting before starting to count. co-workers are great to work with, the hardest part of the job is getting up from kneeling to standing, enjoyable part of working for WIS is counting different stores, some are easier then others.
A fine job but weird work timings and hours
Inventory worker (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 31, 2015
We had to visit different stores like clothing stores or groceries store and scan inventory items. Work hours were kind of spread all over the day. For instance, some time early morning at 6 am - 9 am and sometimes late night at 9 pm - 12 am.
Friends don't let friends work at WIS International
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 25, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
I was looking for a part-time job to supplement my 9-to-5 to earn some extra money to pursue some of my outdoor passions. The ad which regaled the masses of tales of flexible working hours while working other jobs seemed very promising - just what I was looking for. Fooled me once, but not again! First let me say that the "interview" is in all actuality a free, unpaid training session of about 6 people. They tell you about the company and the job, train you on how to use the scanning guns, teach you inventory and scanning techniques, and at the end of the session ask if you want the job or not. Can't really get paid for training if you're not an employee yet, right? Training before the hire - that's where they get you. And when you actually get to work your first shifts, everybody is too busy trying to keep their numbers up that they don't take the time to help out the new people on the floor. Working for minimum wage, the shifts are not even worth showing up for. The first couple of shifts vary between 2 to 3 hours. So when you take into account transportation costs (gas, tolls, parking, etc.), it's actually costing you money to work for this company. Totally not worth your time! Now back to the flexible hours part. I was told to indicate my hours on the application form - fair enough. However, when you log into their online system they present you with a variety of shifts even on the days you clearly indicated to them as unavailable. So I asked the supervisor/manager on my shift what to do and she says you only need to mark as confirmed online the jobs that you can attend – more... and not to worry about the ones you can't make. No sweat, I can only make 2 of the 5 shifts they have given me online and I mark them as confirmed and such. The next thing I know, the area manager emails me telling me I have missed my shifts, I am ruining the reputation of WIS International, I have to be a team player if I want to continue to work here, etc. Listen Mr. Area Manager, your bullying tactics don't work on me! Being gainfully employed full-time elsewhere and more educated than 99.9% of your staff, I am not at all intimidated by you. It may work on others who need this job, but not me. Suffice to say, I told that area manager where to stick it. The job itself is easy albeit boring and repetitive. Sometimes you'll have to climb sketchy ladders to reach stock in the warehouses. If you absolutely need the job and can put up with the managers here, go right at it. Otherwise, you are totally better than this job! – less
Overall, skip if you need money at all.
Inventory counter and auditor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 24, 2015
Do not make much money
Very flexible hours (you choose)
Amazing student job
Great managers
Stress free
Physical work
Short shifts - average 4-5 hours. Sometimes 2-3 hours.
AVOID
Inventory Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaSeptember 12, 2015
Pros: Company vehicle
Cons: Everything else
70+ HOURS A WEEK FOR 40 HOURS PAY

LIED TO ABOUT MY SALARY

POOR SCHEDULING

POOR EQUIPMENT AND ORGANISATION

INVENTORY COUNTERS ARE CLASSIFIED AS PART-TIME TO GET AROUND LABOR LAWS AND TIME OFF PERIODS

IF YOU CARE AT ALL ABOUT PEOPLE DON'T WORK HERE AS YOU'LL SEE PEOPLE BEING EXPLOITED WITH NO REWARD OR THANKS
Co-workers
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Timmins, ONSeptember 3, 2015
While working at East Side Marios, I enjoyed working with all co-workers I had. They always kept the pace and had a smile.
A Day at Work
Inventory Attendant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 19, 2015
Cons: always on your feet or knees.
A day at work was easy, I'd go and use a Wizard to scan SKU codes at variety of stores, to keep inventory count and right down on the ticket the Lines, Quantity, Values and grand total.
typical day
Director of Business Development (Former Employee), MississaugaAugust 11, 2015
company went from a family business to pure professional
no integrety or loyalty anymore
new senior management from the USA came in and set long term loyal employees out the door
Great Experience
Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: Long Hours
A company that will build you up. Work long hours they do not give you time off, so expect to work 60 to 80 hours. Company used to provide all managers with company vehicles but no longer do.
good co-worker, hour not guaranted
Part-time Counter associate (Current Employee), winnipegJuly 23, 2015
good co-worker, hour not guaranteed, lots of travel, few work hour in summer time. if u like travel, it will be a good choice
Headquarters