WIS International Employee Reviews

over worked and underpaid with constant travelling
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  AlbertaMarch 31, 2016
Personally i do not believe this was a fitting job for myself with constant travelling little sleep very few days off and low income, i would not recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
job security
Cons
long hours low pay
Worst First Job Ever
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 3, 2016
Came to the interview and had to fill a form. Wasn't asked any questions when the supervisor just gave me my uniform.

First shift was a night from 7-12 and I didn't catch a break at all.
Only break I got was at a half hour lunch on a 10 hour shift at the Eaton Centre.

Supervisors are disrespectful when on shifts and aren't willing to help you. Had to teach myself how to use the wisard.

Only time anyone ever smiled was when I said they work us like mules because it's TRUE.

Most enjoyable part of the job is leaving the stores to go home and not having to take another shift 6 hours after you get home.

Hardest part of the job was being able to go to the shifts at all.

Don't apply for this job unless you've hit rock bottom in life.
very friendly crew to work with
INVENTORY SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABSeptember 15, 2016
arrive at work select a wizard and get the program listen to supervisor and start work I was the manager so I would let people know what we were doing for the day I was very pleasant to work with so my crew were very pleasant to listen to my direction all of the managers of the stores liked my work sometimes we come down to the time wire and have to transmit by certain time so I help crew finish and get transmitted on time it was always a happy environment I would make for my crew so no one worked in a mad mode
Pros
fastest worker got coffee
Cons
if we went over time i would get a pizza
A typical day at Western Inventory Services
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 21, 2016
Inventory stores in the morning, or night shifts.

We usually work in groups and are split in teams.

We count are sections than move to the next sections that are not being counted yet.

We are tested on our accuracy and ability to count more things faster.

We do not need to fill all parts of the tags out. Different companies require us to only give totals of shelves and quantity on the shelves.
cheap hrs cheap $,great for someone who does'nt pay any bills-rent
Inventory clerk (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBMarch 24, 2016
you get spoken to like your a 6 year old. when someone else makes a mistake the supervisor yells at everyone for it. low pay undercut wages ,there will be times where you wont work for a week or 2 straight ..you only get 1 break a day , if you work 3-5 hours you get 1 break.. the same if you work a 9-12 hour shift . the schedule is never steady . AND MOST OF ALL ,THE PAY SU CKS NO PERSON WHO PAYS RENT CAN SURVIVE ON 600$monthly/$7200 yearly
Pros
0 to 1 break a day does'nt matter how long you work for
Cons
Don't work at wis unless you hate your life
Very friendly and helpfull people
invintory counter (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJuly 26, 2016
Working at WIS was a very good experience for me.The co-workers were very helpfull for me. You basically just count all the inventory that is on the shelves at a variety of different stores. The worst part of the job was having to kneel down to count the merchandise on the lower shelves.
Pros
paid lunches and free transportation
Cons
alot of bending down and reaching up
firm-mind forging
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 28, 2016
Audit and Reconcile work done by the team of Inventory clerks
Inspect the quality of Inventory count as a part of the team when not supervised or engaged in other responsibilities
Provide services to both new and existing customers
Review and analyze service levels on a continuous basis
Establish and maintain effective business relationships with clients
AVOID
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaSeptember 12, 2015
70+ HOURS A WEEK FOR 40 HOURS PAY

LIED TO ABOUT MY SALARY

POOR SCHEDULING

POOR EQUIPMENT AND ORGANISATION

INVENTORY COUNTERS ARE CLASSIFIED AS PART-TIME TO GET AROUND LABOR LAWS AND TIME OFF PERIODS

IF YOU CARE AT ALL ABOUT PEOPLE DON'T WORK HERE AS YOU'LL SEE PEOPLE BEING EXPLOITED WITH NO REWARD OR THANKS
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Everything else
Do not apply!!!!
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2016
waking up early to go to a job thats 2 hrs long. Pointless job. Alot of standing, kneeling, and crouching. Management at the chesswood office suck at their job. When you go for the "interview" be prepared to immediately take the job- there is no questions or anything you just start filling out paperwork and get "training". Supervisors are a joke- they don't train you on your first shift they tell you to do what makes sense. Scheduling is a mess they expect you to finish a job at 1 am and start another at 6am. Alot of work locations are unsafe - working in tight confined areas and standing on shaky ladders. Don't bother applying!
Pros
No pros
Cons
Low Pay-No Hours
Employee Autonomy
INVENTORY ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 8, 2016
We work at our own pace, we learn to count inventory with our eyes instead of hands, the management is fairly nice and easy going. there is a very high turnover rate that you usually do not get a chance to get to know new employees and there are only a handful of old employees. the hardest part of the job is the travel because we work at different stores around the GTA. the most enjoyable part of the job is the short amount of work and the faster everyone does the job, the faster we get to go home.
Pros
Short learning curve for scanning wizards
Cons
travel time
Horrible
Imventory clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBMarch 16, 2016
Not a good place to work. Not professional by so many levels and just overall a bad experience. Would not recommend it to anyone
Pros
travelling
Cons
long hours without a break
Not your everyday place.
Training & Skill Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2015
Variety of work location and jobs when working at field operations level.
Management is varied, male dominated and very long hours.

The hardest part of the job is the long hours. You are never sure when you will end an inventory so this not a job for people that don't have flexible home/life time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. It takes a certain type of person to do this type of job!
Pros
travel and different location all the time
Cons
once you move up severe job loading with no salary increases.
Easy to get but long hours
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 17, 2016
The work requires physically moving around, shifts are not fixed and long hours. But the team is very efficient and fun and it is an easy jo to get.
teamwork environment and different place every day
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 24, 2016
you day start when you check your schedule on the website then you know the starting time, the place and the supervisor. In the place you take a wizard and you start counting, in long shift your supervisor let you know the time of the breaks.

the people is nice, the job is easy, the shifts are unknown and unstable
Pros
fun and youth environment
Cons
you never know if you work a full week or just some hour
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJuly 7, 2016
The work environment is not too bad and the travels helps and makes the time fly-by, the people you work with is also helpful and great to have around
Excellent
Supervisor/Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMay 5, 2016
WIS is a great company to work for. The staff is excellent in the customer service sector as well as with other team members. The managers are fast acting towards any problems that may occur.
Pros
Benefits. High pay. A lot of hours.
Cons
Slow months
productive
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 25, 2013
* Its easy to do the job, but I couldn't tell the satisfaction cause it is not worth to work for a such hassle tasks and doing it only for 3 to 4 hours less paid but full of stressful and fatigue type of work.
* I've learned how to manage time and work with patience to other.
* Management are untidy, doing scheduling and wrong treatment for the workers, unfair giving of raise and inconsideration for the right of the workers.
* easy to get along with the co-workers
* nothing is enjoyable from the part of my job.
Pros
easy to file off for holiday
Cons
long hours of working and less sleep
i found this a good place work
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 24, 2016
counted stores stock manually and electronically. The start time was usually very early or around dinner time for evening shifts. The people were pleasant to work with. The management were easy to get along with.
Pros
driven to work
Cons
early start
need more hours
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ONJune 18, 2016
when your hired for full time but do not get full time hours how are you to survive other then that good place to work
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
good to work
Inventory Auditor and Driver (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKApril 18, 2016
I learned inventory auditing management and they helped me to get my permanent residency.Management was good and friendly and I could travel all around Canada with this job.

2.7