WIS International

WIS International Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Don't waste your energy or time, keep looking.
Counter (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 7, 2016
Horrible waste of time. Constantly stuck at assignments while waiting for drivers ,managers to finish, so that you can get a ride back with them if you take public transit. Otherwise you drive yourself and waste your gas as most assignments are only a few hrs. Pay is ridiculously low. You only are paid while you are logged in at an assignment and must log out immediately when count finished
it's good work for people who enjoy counting different stores
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 1, 2015
Pros: supportive management
Cons: not enough hours
management team are great, typical day is start up the wizard, wait for the meeting before starting to count. co-workers are great to work with, the hardest part of the job is getting up from kneeling to standing, enjoyable part of working for WIS is counting different stores, some are easier then others.
A fine job but weird work timings and hours
Inventory worker (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 31, 2015
We had to visit different stores like clothing stores or groceries store and scan inventory items. Work hours were kind of spread all over the day. For instance, some time early morning at 6 am - 9 am and sometimes late night at 9 pm - 12 am.
Friends don't let friends work at WIS International
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 25, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
I was looking for a part-time job to supplement my 9-to-5 to earn some extra money to pursue some of my outdoor passions. The ad which regaled the masses of tales of flexible working hours while working other jobs seemed very promising - just what I was looking for. Fooled me once, but not again! First let me say that the "interview" is in all actuality a free, unpaid training session of about 6 people. They tell you about the company and the job, train you on how to use the scanning guns, teach you inventory and scanning techniques, and at the end of the session ask if you want the job or not. Can't really get paid for training if you're not an employee yet, right? Training before the hire - that's where they get you. And when you actually get to work your first shifts, everybody is too busy trying to keep their numbers up that they don't take the time to help out the new people on the floor. Working for minimum wage, the shifts are not even worth showing up for. The first couple of shifts vary between 2 to 3 hours. So when you take into account transportation costs (gas, tolls, parking, etc.), it's actually costing you money to work for this company. Totally not worth your time! Now back to the flexible hours part. I was told to indicate my hours on the application form - fair enough. However, when you log into their online system they present you with a variety of shifts even on the days you clearly indicated to them as unavailable. So I asked the supervisor/manager on my shift what to do and she says you only need to mark as confirmed online the jobs that you can attend – more... and not to worry about the ones you can't make. No sweat, I can only make 2 of the 5 shifts they have given me online and I mark them as confirmed and such. The next thing I know, the area manager emails me telling me I have missed my shifts, I am ruining the reputation of WIS International, I have to be a team player if I want to continue to work here, etc. Listen Mr. Area Manager, your bullying tactics don't work on me! Being gainfully employed full-time elsewhere and more educated than 99.9% of your staff, I am not at all intimidated by you. It may work on others who need this job, but not me. Suffice to say, I told that area manager where to stick it. The job itself is easy albeit boring and repetitive. Sometimes you'll have to climb sketchy ladders to reach stock in the warehouses. If you absolutely need the job and can put up with the managers here, go right at it. Otherwise, you are totally better than this job! – less
Overall, skip if you need money at all.
Inventory counter and auditor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 24, 2015
Do not make much money
Very flexible hours (you choose)
Amazing student job
Great managers
Stress free
Physical work
Short shifts - average 4-5 hours. Sometimes 2-3 hours.
AVOID
Inventory Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaSeptember 12, 2015
Pros: Company vehicle
Cons: Everything else
70+ HOURS A WEEK FOR 40 HOURS PAY

LIED TO ABOUT MY SALARY

POOR SCHEDULING

POOR EQUIPMENT AND ORGANISATION

INVENTORY COUNTERS ARE CLASSIFIED AS PART-TIME TO GET AROUND LABOR LAWS AND TIME OFF PERIODS

IF YOU CARE AT ALL ABOUT PEOPLE DON'T WORK HERE AS YOU'LL SEE PEOPLE BEING EXPLOITED WITH NO REWARD OR THANKS
Co-workers
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Timmins, ONSeptember 3, 2015
While working at East Side Marios, I enjoyed working with all co-workers I had. They always kept the pace and had a smile.
A Day at Work
Inventory Attendant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 19, 2015
Cons: always on your feet or knees.
A day at work was easy, I'd go and use a Wizard to scan SKU codes at variety of stores, to keep inventory count and right down on the ticket the Lines, Quantity, Values and grand total.
typical day
Director of Business Development (Former Employee), MississaugaAugust 11, 2015
company went from a family business to pure professional
no integrety or loyalty anymore
new senior management from the USA came in and set long term loyal employees out the door
Great Experience
Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: Long Hours
A company that will build you up. Work long hours they do not give you time off, so expect to work 60 to 80 hours. Company used to provide all managers with company vehicles but no longer do.
good co-worker, hour not guaranted
Part-time Counter associate (Current Employee), winnipegJuly 23, 2015
good co-worker, hour not guaranteed, lots of travel, few work hour in summer time. if u like travel, it will be a good choice
Not a good place to work
Inventory associate (Current Employee), halifax, NSJuly 21, 2015
Pros: No experience needed
Cons: inconsistent hours
odd work hours
No job stability
Poor scheduling
You're not paid travelling time ( ie meet at the office at 6:15am, travel 2hrs to store location, count for only 2hrs, travel back to office (2hrs). Total time spent, 6 hrs. You only get paid 2hrs for counting.
Management does not care about employees
Feels like slavery
Rarely get breaks
Breaks are not standard.
they schedule you for 6 am, you end up working only 3hrs, but you get back home at 2pm
Horrible Company to work for
Inventory associate (Former Employee), Calgary,ABJune 29, 2015
Pros: The employees were very helpful, they showed me the way on how to do things
Cons: The management (Supervisors and Area manager) were the WORST.
Was working there for a month and got 1 shift for 3 hours and that's it. Area manager never replies to the mail's and the management is the worst. I realized about the working standards of this company in 3 hours. Supervisors were not at all helpful , as it was my first day no training was given apart from the hiring session, where they said in store training would be provided.

Worst place that i have ever worked at.
No Stress but horrible management
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 28, 2015
Pros: No Stress
Cons: Bad Management and Hours
Job is literally just counting and after a while you just go into a trance and count but the management is lacking and you'll get more and more frustrated with getting to the jobs and the schedules.

It also doesn't help that if you can't count fast enough they'll just give you no schedules instead of letting you go.
ok
Assistant Inventory Manager (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCMay 2, 2015
It is a regular company. however MANGERS are not interested in People who wants to grow. Especially when people got Experience and Education.
WIS
Iventory Clerk (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONMay 1, 2015
Pros: lots of advancement room
Cons: odd and long hours
depending on the hour you either go to the office or the job site
log into a device witch counts records your experience and etra
then on the job site depending of the type of work needed .. at any rate your counting products either 1 at a time or in multiples
Productive and fun workplace with soccer
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCApril 14, 2015
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to meet project and contact outcomes
• Professionally provided feedback to enhance service and product delivery
• Supported and trained new employees with respect to company polices and procedures
• Successfully attended to client concerns to ensure project outcomes were delivered according to specifications
• Established and maintained professional relationships with industry clients and experts
• Presented research finding and project outcomes to large and small groups
I've work in alot of places and this was the worst place I've ever worked
Supervisor (Former Employee), Sudbury OntarioApril 11, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: long hours, no breaks, management is terrible, don't care about anyone
I don't recommend anyone to work here I worked as a supervisor for almost a year and then they laid me off for the winter and never called me back then put I quit on my roe. Worst company ever.work u 18 hours with only one lunch break not paid, this company gives no breaks. I know I was told not to I was a supervisor.upper management don't care for employees. Very low pay......
Bad choice
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), SaskatoonApril 7, 2015
Worst management
Salary is low and benefits are not good enough
Lots of travelling involved
working hours not fixed and you wont make much
worst employer ever
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 16, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: management are idiots
work is minimal and not steady. could be working one day then off for 9 or you work for 8 hours and only get 30 min break. this company does not give 15 min breaks been working with them for over a year if i could afford to leave or find something else i will.
Headquarters