Winpak Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Fast-paced environment with helpful co-workers
Slitter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 6, 2013
A typical day at winpak would be: As soon as i enter the building I was enforced to wear a hair net and ear plugs. The reason for these precautions was to ensure safety and cleanliness. When I arrived at my workstation I would read a schedule which would inform me about what type of products I will be making and then i would gather up the material required from different part of the warehouse to ensure that everything was performed at a fast pace. My co-workers were very helpful and each shift if they had time they would give me a hand making sure that i was able to complete tasks efficiently. The hardest part of the job was not the job but the weather since i was working in a factory the temperature inside would be 10 degrees higher than the temperature outside which made some days very hot and humid inside. The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers who made the working environment very friendly.
Pros
very helpful co-worker, great pay
Cons
shift work
Under union. Still a good place to work.
Assistant-pressier (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QCJune 10, 2013
Hard work and smell of chemical is not for everyone.

Shift can also be hard but then again everywhere is the same.

Balance between union and management appears to work well.
Pros
pay is good.
Cons
hours can be long during summer. athe place gets hot.
Great people to work with.
Customer Service, coordinator. (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil Québec.February 25, 2013
Overall, a great temporary experience.
I was responsible for answering customer's request about pending orders.
Acted as a mediator between customer, production and shipping department, made sure customers had exact items ordered on time.
Would also answer phone calls and e-mails from customers and co-workers from Toronto.
A beautiful learning experience, panic environment, not my forte, but appreciated the challenges, just the same.
Pros
opened and bright environment, friendly people.
Cons
lack of communication and cooperation between departments.
journee travaille
Charger et décharger des camions (Former Employee) –  vaudreuilJune 19, 2015
le matin on fesait lhorraire de la journee ensuite on fesait nos commande et nos facturation et diverse tache
Pros
avantage sociaux
Cons
patron
aucun avis à donner je suis à la retraite
mécanicien industrielle (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QCFebruary 9, 2013
je suis présentement à la retraite , j'ai travailler 13 ans, beaucoup d'avantage sociaux et une bonne compagnie à travailler pour.
Pros
très bonne compagnie
Cons
aucun