WINNIPEG SCHOOL DIVISION Employee Reviews

rewarding
Educational assistant (Current Employee) –  winnipeg18 July 2016
A typical day at work would be challenging to some degree working with children. Overall I would say a typical day is alot of fun.
Teachers and educational assistants are there to help children and are generally very nice. The hardest part of the job can be motivating a child to learn at times. The most enjoyable part of the day is when a child makes me laugh. That would be everyday!
Pros
fun and happy people
Cons
uncooperative children occasionally
hvac repair
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 June 2016
repair and maintenance of air make up equipment ,as well as pneumatic systems . keeping the kids warm and happy feels good ,having kids applaud when u fix the heat or a,c was a blast lol
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
lower wages then industry standards
varied settings and different schools all the time made each day a rewarding challenge.
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Central Winnipeg6 January 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing students finally understanding concepts and the ability to get job done successfully. the sense of wonderment in providing a lesson to help children discover their own innate abilities. The look of recognition and the smiles of happiness on the childrens faces made it so rewarding and fulfilling.
Environment of diverse opportunities
Science Lab Education Assistant ā€œDā€ (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 August 2015
The joy of working Winnipeg School Division at the school is the opportunity to work directly with students and the ability to develop my skill.
Pros
Avenue to learn
Cons
Non payment for Summer Break
Review
Summer Grounds Student (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg1 July 2015
Most days we would go to different school and spread top soil, cut grass or prone branches depends what crew your on. I had great co-workers the hardest part of the job was the wheel barrelling and dealing with the heat.
HAPPY STAFF AND ENVIROMENT
SPECIAL NEEDS TEACHAER ASSITANT (Current Employee) –  WINNIPEG11 June 2015
HELPING STUDENTS MEET THEIR SOCIAL, EMOTIONAL, AND EDUCATIONAL NEEDS TO THE BEST OF THEIR ABILITY. EVERY DAY CAN BE CHALLENGING OR ENJOYABLE DEPENDING ON HOW A STUDENT FEELS THAT DAY. CO WORKERS ARE EXTREMELY CARING AND ARE THERE FOR THE STUDENTS NEEDS.
Pros
FIELD TRIPS
Cons
SCHOOL CLOSURE DAYS
Diverse and inclusive environment that encourages professional development and creativity.
N-gr. 12 public school teacher (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba31 May 2015
The hardest part of the job is keeping mentally and physically fit as teaching requires so much patience and flexibility. The best part of the job is helping children to learn and reach their potential as well as helping them develop empathy and respect.
One day events with great learning opportunities
Stage Hand (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 May 2015
Offered one day events, such as take note, where students of the Radio and Television program where lead through requirements, then able to work in teams. Mostly hard working individuals, no nonsense during the event. Also largely male dominated.
Great learning experience
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 April 2015
The diversity of the Winnipeg School DIvision offers many new and challenging opportunities for a young education. The staff and student populations are wonderful to grow with and teach, respectively.
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 January 2015
Amazing place to dedicate time for volunteering and gaining work experience not to mention giving back to a place that has helped you succeed. The hardest part of this voluntary work would be to communicate with timid children, asking them if they need help with any assignments.
Pros
Working with students, Great management skills learned.
Productive and educational workplace.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 November 2014
Everyday is a great day subbing at Winnipeg School Division. I am gaining a lot of experiences dealing with diverse kids. Acknowledging and respecting different cultures are big part of the learning. I love the way the management are giving us the opportunity to prove ourselves of what we can give as a substitute teacher. The teachers are very warm. For me, there is no hardest part of the job because being a teacher is a noble profession, so we have to be flexible enough to deal with individual differences and it's challenging and enjoyable. I am really having fun teaching here in Winnipeg.
Freedom and independence gives employees confidence to excell.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 October 2013
It was a friendly easy-going atmosphere. Typically after school hours
I learned how much productivity can come out of freedom and independence given by management. Co-workers are diverse, and all seem to be working for a common purpose, the children. The hardest part of the job is, like camp, leaving the students when the program term ends. The most enjoyable part of the job is the chance to be a kid again by interacting with the children on their level and doing things they like to do while teaching them some other skills and values indirectly.
Fun, great variety and good co-workers
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 October 2013
With the jobs there was really no typical day, always something new and challenging.
The learning aspect of the jobs were most enjoyable.
Every management was different and again a positive learning experience.
Pros
Travel, PD days
Cons
Can't think of any
Winnipeg school division believes in diversity,All kinds of kids are respected and welcome to be a part of the school,kids need a motivation and love.
Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 September 2013
Childern need love and encouragement for their future success and growth,proper guidance for kids will be very helpful to make a decision.
Pros
Winnipeg school division is a helpful division, they provide free lunches and help to kids accorging to their needs.
Cons
sometime its hard for us to complete the syllabus, as their are lot of other activities to be done accordingly, to provide the children to all rounder.
fun, comfortable
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 August 2013
teachers are friendly, nice and helpful, we help guide children at the fieltrip
Productive and good learning place
CSI instructor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 August 2013
I always found myself involved with students. I learned to be more welcoming, knowledgeable and available to my students. My most enjoyable part when a student showed her learning by doing an experiment.
It's a great place to work
Benefits Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 April 2013
Winnipeg School Division is a great place to work. The management and staff are all great people to work with.
Pros
good pay, great people
Organized
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 July 2012
Shovelling dirt around to prepare for new grass in a field. I learned strong team work skills. The hardest part of the job was being outside in the heat all day long. I enjoyed having access to the inside of the schools for lunch breaks to cool off.
Pros
steel toed boots
Cons
summer only.
Work Place
Substitute Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg10 May 2012
The staff nice. But to long as substitute. The children where nice.
Pros
teacher assistant
Good work environment
Clerk I, ClerkII/Educational Assistant Substitute (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB, Canada27 March 2012
Enjoyable place to work at. Employers are kind and considerate. Breaks are considered important. A very positive place to work at. Piers are respectful, really practice respectful workplace. Chance for advancement is good. Education is considered important, will help to achieve it.
Pros
respectful employer
Cons
can not think of any