WINNIPEG SCHOOL DIVISION

WINNIPEG SCHOOL DIVISION Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
HAPPY STAFF AND ENVIROMENT
SPECIAL NEEDS TEACHAER ASSITANT (Current Employee), WINNIPEGJune 11, 2015
Pros: FIELD TRIPS
Cons: SCHOOL CLOSURE DAYS
HELPING STUDENTS MEET THEIR SOCIAL, EMOTIONAL, AND EDUCATIONAL NEEDS TO THE BEST OF THEIR ABILITY. EVERY DAY CAN BE CHALLENGING OR ENJOYABLE DEPENDING ON HOW A STUDENT FEELS THAT DAY. CO WORKERS ARE EXTREMELY CARING AND ARE THERE FOR THE STUDENTS NEEDS.
Diverse and inclusive environment that encourages professional development and creativity.
N-gr. 12 public school teacher (Former Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaMay 31, 2015
The hardest part of the job is keeping mentally and physically fit as teaching requires so much patience and flexibility. The best part of the job is helping children to learn and reach their potential as well as helping them develop empathy and respect.
One day events with great learning opportunities
Stage Hand (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 20, 2015
Offered one day events, such as take note, where students of the Radio and Television program where lead through requirements, then able to work in teams. Mostly hard working individuals, no nonsense during the event. Also largely male dominated.
Great learning experience
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 18, 2015
The diversity of the Winnipeg School DIvision offers many new and challenging opportunities for a young education. The staff and student populations are wonderful to grow with and teach, respectively.
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: working with students, great management skills learned.
Amazing place to dedicate time for volunteering and gaining work experience not to mention giving back to a place that has helped you succeed. The hardest part of this voluntary work would be to communicate with timid children, asking them if they need help with any assignments.
Productive and educational workplace.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 21, 2014
Everyday is a great day subbing at Winnipeg School Division. I am gaining a lot of experiences dealing with diverse kids. Acknowledging and respecting different cultures are big part of the learning. I love the way the management are giving us the opportunity to prove ourselves of what we can give as a substitute teacher. The teachers are very warm. For me, there is no hardest part of the job because being a teacher is a noble profession, so we have to be flexible enough to deal with individual differences and it's challenging and enjoyable. I am really having fun teaching here in Winnipeg.
Freedom and independence gives employees confidence to excell.
Teacher (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 29, 2013
It was a friendly easy-going atmosphere. Typically after school hours
I learned how much productivity can come out of freedom and independence given by management. Co-workers are diverse, and all seem to be working for a common purpose, the children. The hardest part of the job is, like camp, leaving the students when the program term ends. The most enjoyable part of the job is the chance to be a kid again by interacting with the children on their level and doing things they like to do while teaching them some other skills and values indirectly.
Fun, great variety and good co-workers
Educational Assistant (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 15, 2013
Pros: travel, pd days
Cons: can't think of any
With the jobs there was really no typical day, always something new and challenging.
The learning aspect of the jobs were most enjoyable.
Every management was different and again a positive learning experience.
Winnipeg school division believes in diversity,All kinds of kids are respected and welcome to be a part of the school,kids need a motivation and love.
Student Teacher (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: winnipeg school division is a helpful division, they provide free lunches and help to kids accorging to their needs.
Cons: sometime its hard for us to complete the syllabus, as their are lot of other activities to be done accordingly, to provide the children to all rounder.
Childern need love and encouragement for their future success and growth,proper guidance for kids will be very helpful to make a decision.
fun, comfortable
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 26, 2013
teachers are friendly, nice and helpful, we help guide children at the fieltrip
Productive and good learning place
CSI instructor (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 24, 2013
I always found myself involved with students. I learned to be more welcoming, knowledgeable and available to my students. My most enjoyable part when a student showed her learning by doing an experiment.
It's a great place to work
Benefits Clerk (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 30, 2013
Pros: good pay, great people
Winnipeg School Division is a great place to work. The management and staff are all great people to work with.
Organized
General Labourer (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 14, 2012
Pros: steel toed boots
Cons: summer only.
Shovelling dirt around to prepare for new grass in a field. I learned strong team work skills. The hardest part of the job was being outside in the heat all day long. I enjoyed having access to the inside of the schools for lunch breaks to cool off.
Work Place
Substitute Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), WinnipegMay 10, 2012
Pros: teacher assistant
Cons: 30
The staff nice. But to long as substitute. The children where nice.
Good work environment
Clerk I, ClerkII/Educational Assistant Substitute (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MB, CanadaMarch 27, 2012
Pros: respectful employer
Cons: can not think of any
Enjoyable place to work at. Employers are kind and considerate. Breaks are considered important. A very positive place to work at. Piers are respectful, really practice respectful workplace. Chance for advancement is good. Education is considered important, will help to achieve it.

About WINNIPEG SCHOOL DIVISION

The Winnipeg School Division is located in Winnipeg, the capital city of Manitoba, Canada and is the heart of the City's most – Read more