WINNIPEG SCHOOL DIVISION Employee Reviews

Ea
Educational Assistant (level D) (Former Employee) –  Beausejour and Whitemouth8 August 2017
Unfortunately there was changes happening in the program I was working in. I transferred positions and my hours changed, so the drive to Winnipeg was harder to accommodate for.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Far drive
over all good.
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  wpg mb4 May 2017
It is busy. most people are good to work with. hours are part time. over all its an ok place to work. Paid bi monthly. Not sure what else to tell you. Thank you
Pros
Your working.
Cons
Paid Bi monthly
Great teamwork
Special Education Resource Teacher (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 April 2017
Largest school division ....78 schools,over 33,000 students from Nursery through Grade 12
Winnipeg School Division is on the educational forefront of inclusiveness, diversity, substainability,innovation and partnerships.
WSD Strategic Framework- it's Purpose,Vision, Values,and Strategic Priorities -forms co-hesive framework to guide decision making by WSD Trustees,administrators, teachers and staff.
Strategic Priorities; Students, Learning Outcomes, Addressing Barriers to Learning, Employees, Fiscal Responsibility, Communication and Partnerships with Community and Substainability
Pros
Human Rights events for students ...diverse school division
Cons
great place to start work and the staff are always welcoming
Assisted the teacher (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 March 2017
great place to work, awesome and caring staff and people , you always feel welcome , it fits in with you time table and you choose what work you want.
Excellent orgaization
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 February 2017
I've advanced three times in 15 years of employment, taken a lot of professional development and love my job! Staff is fantastic, from custodians to superintendents. Schools are a great atmosphere to work in and watch children flourish.
Experience in the division
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 February 2017
I am very thankful to Winnipeg School Division 1 for giving me the opportunity to come back in the school setup after I migrated here 4 years ago, then later on gave me a shot to go back in the classroom setting as a Substitute Teacher. I grew up a lot professionally and personally because of the experience I acquired during my tenure in the division.
a lot of options and step up with The Winnipeg School Division
Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 January 2017
- Front desk management
- Student record management
- Receiving of incoming mail/outgoing mail
- Library position started September 2016 part-time - a.m. only
It was a fun environment to referee around.
Referee (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 September 2016
It was a fun time and a very stressful one as well as it was my first time ever refereeing or doing anything for money. The atmosphere was great and it was overall eye opening and awesome.
Pros
Break Times
Cons
Arguments between teams, coaches and scorekeepers
rewarding
Educational assistant (Current Employee) –  winnipeg18 July 2016
A typical day at work would be challenging to some degree working with children. Overall I would say a typical day is alot of fun.
Teachers and educational assistants are there to help children and are generally very nice. The hardest part of the job can be motivating a child to learn at times. The most enjoyable part of the day is when a child makes me laugh. That would be everyday!
Pros
fun and happy people
Cons
uncooperative children occasionally
hvac repair
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 June 2016
repair and maintenance of air make up equipment ,as well as pneumatic systems . keeping the kids warm and happy feels good ,having kids applaud when u fix the heat or a,c was a blast lol
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
lower wages then industry standards
varied settings and different schools all the time made each day a rewarding challenge.
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Central Winnipeg6 January 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing students finally understanding concepts and the ability to get job done successfully. the sense of wonderment in providing a lesson to help children discover their own innate abilities. The look of recognition and the smiles of happiness on the childrens faces made it so rewarding and fulfilling.
Environment of diverse opportunities
Science Lab Education Assistant ā€œDā€ (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 August 2015
The joy of working Winnipeg School Division at the school is the opportunity to work directly with students and the ability to develop my skill.
Pros
Avenue to learn
Cons
Non payment for Summer Break
Review
Summer Grounds Student (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg1 July 2015
Most days we would go to different school and spread top soil, cut grass or prone branches depends what crew your on. I had great co-workers the hardest part of the job was the wheel barrelling and dealing with the heat.
Happy staff and enviroment
SPECIAL NEEDS TEACHAER ASSITANT (Current Employee) –  WINNIPEG11 June 2015
Helping students meet their social, emotional, and educational needs to the best of their ability. Every day can be challenging or enjoyable depending on how a student feels that day. Co workers are extremely caring and are there for the students needs.
Pros
Field trips
Cons
School closure days
Diverse and inclusive environment that encourages professional development and creativity.
N-gr. 12 public school teacher (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba31 May 2015
The hardest part of the job is keeping mentally and physically fit as teaching requires so much patience and flexibility. The best part of the job is helping children to learn and reach their potential as well as helping them develop empathy and respect.
One day events with great learning opportunities
Stage Hand (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 May 2015
Offered one day events, such as take note, where students of the Radio and Television program where lead through requirements, then able to work in teams. Mostly hard working individuals, no nonsense during the event. Also largely male dominated.
Great learning experience
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 April 2015
The diversity of the Winnipeg School DIvision offers many new and challenging opportunities for a young education. The staff and student populations are wonderful to grow with and teach, respectively.
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 January 2015
Amazing place to dedicate time for volunteering and gaining work experience not to mention giving back to a place that has helped you succeed. The hardest part of this voluntary work would be to communicate with timid children, asking them if they need help with any assignments.
Pros
Working with students, Great management skills learned.
Productive and educational workplace.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 November 2014
Everyday is a great day subbing at Winnipeg School Division. I am gaining a lot of experiences dealing with diverse kids. Acknowledging and respecting different cultures are big part of the learning. I love the way the management are giving us the opportunity to prove ourselves of what we can give as a substitute teacher. The teachers are very warm. For me, there is no hardest part of the job because being a teacher is a noble profession, so we have to be flexible enough to deal with individual differences and it's challenging and enjoyable. I am really having fun teaching here in Winnipeg.
Freedom and independence gives employees confidence to excell.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 October 2013
It was a friendly easy-going atmosphere. Typically after school hours
I learned how much productivity can come out of freedom and independence given by management. Co-workers are diverse, and all seem to be working for a common purpose, the children. The hardest part of the job is, like camp, leaving the students when the program term ends. The most enjoyable part of the job is the chance to be a kid again by interacting with the children on their level and doing things they like to do while teaching them some other skills and values indirectly.