WINNIPEG SCHOOL DIVISION Employee Reviews

Productive environment full of teamwork staff.
Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 February 2018
Helped and assisted students throughout the days.
Learned the different behaviours amongst elementary students.
Most enjoyable part was assisting the students with their academic work.
Good division
Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 January 2018
This diverse division is a good place to work with children of varying needs. You can work full time when on the sub list. Once they get to know you, you will be called back.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
hard to get on permanent
fun workplace
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 January 2018
it was an an awesome time which I spent there. I really miss my staff of Winnipeg school division. They are very cooperative, friendly and trust worthy.,
Pros
organised different tours to make a healthy relationship between students and teachers.
Cons
nil
Laid back
Custodial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 January 2018
Upon my graduation from high school I was hired by the Winnipeg School Division as a Custodial Assistant shortly thereafter. During which I would perform my cleaning duties as directed by my supervisor.
overall I really enjoyed having the oppurtunity to work with the Winnipeg School Division.
High School Employee (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 November 2017
Winnipeg School Division was a nice, safe working environment, I enjoyed what I was doing and the employees were friendly and as outgoing. I felt comfortable around my coworkers.
Best job you’ll ever have
Grounds Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 November 2017
Super chill, you drive around the city maintaining the division’s property, performing tasks such as; pruning, weedwacking, hauling big loads of debris, and sodding. Lots of freedom and easygoing coworkers.
Ea
Educational Assistant (level D) (Former Employee) –  Beausejour and Whitemouth8 August 2017
Unfortunately there was changes happening in the program I was working in. I transferred positions and my hours changed, so the drive to Winnipeg was harder to accommodate for.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Far drive
Rewarding work place
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 May 2017
I have always enjoyed working for this division. They make it known that you are valued and make sure you feel like part of a team while you are working for them.
over all good.
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  wpg mb4 May 2017
It is busy. most people are good to work with. hours are part time. over all its an ok place to work. Paid bi monthly. Not sure what else to tell you. Thank you
Pros
Your working.
Cons
Paid Bi monthly
Great teamwork
Special Education Resource Teacher (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 April 2017
Largest school division ....78 schools,over 33,000 students from Nursery through Grade 12
Winnipeg School Division is on the educational forefront of inclusiveness, diversity, substainability,innovation and partnerships.
WSD Strategic Framework- it's Purpose,Vision, Values,and Strategic Priorities -forms co-hesive framework to guide decision making by WSD Trustees,administrators, teachers and staff.
Strategic Priorities; Students, Learning Outcomes, Addressing Barriers to Learning, Employees, Fiscal Responsibility, Communication and Partnerships with Community and Substainability
Pros
Human Rights events for students ...diverse school division
Cons
great place to start work and the staff are always welcoming
Assisted the teacher (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 March 2017
great place to work, awesome and caring staff and people , you always feel welcome , it fits in with you time table and you choose what work you want.
Excellent orgaization
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 February 2017
I've advanced three times in 15 years of employment, taken a lot of professional development and love my job! Staff is fantastic, from custodians to superintendents. Schools are a great atmosphere to work in and watch children flourish.
Experience in the division
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 February 2017
I am very thankful to Winnipeg School Division 1 for giving me the opportunity to come back in the school setup after I migrated here 4 years ago, then later on gave me a shot to go back in the classroom setting as a Substitute Teacher. I grew up a lot professionally and personally because of the experience I acquired during my tenure in the division.
a lot of options and step up with The Winnipeg School Division
Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 January 2017
- Front desk management
- Student record management
- Receiving of incoming mail/outgoing mail
- Library position started September 2016 part-time - a.m. only
It was a fun environment to referee around.
Referee (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 September 2016
It was a fun time and a very stressful one as well as it was my first time ever refereeing or doing anything for money. The atmosphere was great and it was overall eye opening and awesome.
Pros
Break Times
Cons
Arguments between teams, coaches and scorekeepers
rewarding
Educational assistant (Current Employee) –  winnipeg18 July 2016
A typical day at work would be challenging to some degree working with children. Overall I would say a typical day is alot of fun.
Teachers and educational assistants are there to help children and are generally very nice. The hardest part of the job can be motivating a child to learn at times. The most enjoyable part of the day is when a child makes me laugh. That would be everyday!
Pros
fun and happy people
Cons
uncooperative children occasionally
hvac repair
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 June 2016
repair and maintenance of air make up equipment ,as well as pneumatic systems . keeping the kids warm and happy feels good ,having kids applaud when u fix the heat or a,c was a blast lol
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
lower wages then industry standards
varied settings and different schools all the time made each day a rewarding challenge.
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Central Winnipeg6 January 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing students finally understanding concepts and the ability to get job done successfully. the sense of wonderment in providing a lesson to help children discover their own innate abilities. The look of recognition and the smiles of happiness on the childrens faces made it so rewarding and fulfilling.
Environment of diverse opportunities
Science Lab Education Assistant “D” (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 August 2015
The joy of working Winnipeg School Division at the school is the opportunity to work directly with students and the ability to develop my skill.
Pros
Avenue to learn
Cons
Non payment for Summer Break
Review
Summer Grounds Student (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg1 July 2015
Most days we would go to different school and spread top soil, cut grass or prone branches depends what crew your on. I had great co-workers the hardest part of the job was the wheel barrelling and dealing with the heat.