Winnipeg Regional Health Authority

Winnipeg Regional Health Authority Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great atmospere, worked with many great people in their own homes
Home care Attendant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 19, 2013
Fast paced, enjoyable people, independent work environment.
Supportive and safe work place .
Interpreter (Arabic-English ) (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 25, 2013
Pros: put lock events with the co-workers .
Cons: flexibility in work hours.
After receiving a specific assignment from central dispatch .I would call the client to inform him/her about the details for his coming appointment(message relay )and I make sure to remind the client 2 days before the actual appointment (reminder call ) . Then I would go to the specific location of the assignment , do my introduction to both sides (service – more... provider /client ) . Provide interpretation service to convey messages as faithfully as possible with high standards of confidentiality ,accuracy ,reliability and role boundaries .Finally,I would ask the service provider to sign my paper to finish the assignment .
I leaned the importance of maintaining role boundaries and how to be impartial ,in other words not to take anyone's side to insure accurate interpretation .
Also, I learned how to be punctual and head to my assignment 15 minutes earlier to control time management .
Organization ,is another aspect that I learned through keeping all assignment papers in a secure place in an organized way.
The hardest part of the job .was dealing with emotional situations such as ,death ,chemo therapy or even cancer treatments. However ,I leaned that it is Ok for some tears to fall down ,but the most important is to maintain professionalism through all assignments even with the hardest ones .
The most enjoyable part of my job was feeling the appreciation from both service provider and the client and being able to help both sides to communicate easily together and not letting language barrier affect the communication between both . . – less
Decent work plance
Primary Care Assistant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaOctober 15, 2013
Pros: patients
I loved the experience of working with the patients and building professional relationships with them.
Long Term Health Care
End of LIfe Care Provider (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 16, 2013
Provided end of life care, this was very rewarding employement
Nice experience
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 26, 2013
It was short experience for me to comment.I can only say it was fun working there.
Nice Environment
Administrative Officer (Current Employee), Pan Am Clinic, Winnipeg MBMarch 6, 2013
Pros: great hours, nice people
I have learned a lot and enjoyed the people at the facility.
Location is close to home
Travelling from home to home meant being outdoors.
Health Care Aide (Former Employee), WinnipegApril 29, 2014
Pros: freedom and flexibility.
Cons: stressfull and often challenging environment.
Travelling to and from clients homes to care for and help them care for themselves in a tailored home setting. Meeting new people and learning about them was a great part of my job. Hardest part of the job has got to be a death of a person. Most satisfying, is knowing I have done all I could to improve a person's quality of life.

About Winnipeg Regional Health Authority

The Winnipeg Regional Health Authority's Mission is to promote and protect health and well being by delivering and managing health – Read more