Winnipeg Regional Health Authority Employee Reviews in Canada

Very multicultural and generous
Health Care Aide (Nursing Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 5, 2015
Winnipeg Regional Health Authority offers health services for family in needs.
One example I worked for was Home Care, I would travel from house to house taking care of patients, elderly, who aren't able to take care of themselves, and would have no one there to look out for them for the time being.
Winnipeg Regional Health Authority doesn't discriminate on the type of client that is asking for help. It meets the clients needs and necessities, such as if the client was not very fluent in english, they would offer a worker who is fluent to speak in their language. WRHA doesn't discriminate against sexuality as well, but if the client perfers to have someone with the same gender, WHRA is more than willing to offer a worker for them.
Pros
Health Benifits
Cons
Some positions require a lot of gas usage
Learning the ins and outs of Aministration
Aboriginal Human Resources Initiative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 1, 2015
My typical work day was busy from morning to the end of everyday. This organization gave me the skills needed to provide information and create an awareness for the Aboriginal community as a a whole. An awareness for career opportunities in population health.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Was a student
need for flexability and readiness to accomidate immediate change
Social Work/Clinic Liaison (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 7, 2016
Variety of during the work day, resources available for consultation, supervision available, adequate work space , however no job security
simple work that flew by.
Porter (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 21, 2015
the hours can be hard but the location can be far worse if you don't have transportation.

coworkers kinda made this job not enjoyable thought there was a few people who made up for it.

hours could be hard at times but getting there was the hardest part due to travel time and transportation issues.

lots of benefits once you got a point though.
Pros
free lunch most days, lots of employment union benifits
Cons
lazy coworkers
Daily Duties.
Home support worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 27, 2015
I had to take a list of clients and perform duties described in the handout. I did support work such as cooking, cleaning, laundry other duties. As assigned by corridinator.
Pros
Worked on own time and schedule.
Cons
In vehicle for long periods of time.
Home Care Attendant
Home Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 18, 2015
Winnipeg Regional Health Authority is a huge company our main focus as employees is to Fulfill, protect and promote the health and well-being of individuals.
Pros
Good salary and interacting with the elderly.
Cons
not a higher EFT
Productive and rewarding workplace
Family Doctor Finder Program - Intake Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, ManitobaAugust 14, 2015
Typical day at work included helping members of the community find a new primary care provider by calling registrants and discussing their needs.
Rewarding Job
Home Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 22, 2015
WRHA is an very beneficial organization in Winnipeg. They provide care to clients in the community so they are able to stay in their homes for a longer period of time. Helping the clients is very rewarding.
Collaborative and fun place to work
PROGRAMMER, STATISTICAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 1, 2015
Analyze various healthcare data sources to develop reports for stakeholders.
The co-workers are supportive and have a lot of fun.
I learned how to apply data analysis to practical healthcare programs and how to develop strategic plan for the whole team.
Everchanging, Vibrant, REWARDING
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 24, 2014
I was excited and enthusiastic about going to work everyday! A team of Health Care Professionals really DO make A big difference in the World. I love working alone or on a Team!
Work for the WRHA!! We're AWESOME when we come together!!
A typical days starts off with a relaxing morning coffee, for me, as we come together for our Team Meeting and then our 'physical'work begins. I was responsible for (fully)assisting 7 people up and out of bed to be ready for breakfast. I learned time management and that people are much more 'diversified'than one may actually realize. A position for a HCW requires a tremendous amount of selflessness and confidence.
The part of myjob in this World, as a Health Care Worker is most rewarding to me every minute of every day that I DO make HUGE differences in peoples lives and that (they) maintain THEIR quality of life because I am willing to help.
Pros
variety of life
Cons
not enough hours available unless you get ft
Travelling from home to home meant being outdoors.
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  WinnipegApril 29, 2014
Travelling to and from clients homes to care for and help them care for themselves in a tailored home setting. Meeting new people and learning about them was a great part of my job. Hardest part of the job has got to be a death of a person. Most satisfying, is knowing I have done all I could to improve a person's quality of life.
Pros
freedom and flexibility.
Cons
stressfull and often challenging environment.
Neat and Clean Workplace
File Management (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 5, 2014
I have learnt a lot during my job at WRHA like Team work, how to deal with clients, manage files and a new software Procure.
Productive workplace with a lot of challenges
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 2, 2014
I have enjoy a challenging work environment working for WRHA
Pros
free coffee
Decent work plance
Primary Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, ManitobaOctober 15, 2013
I loved the experience of working with the patients and building professional relationships with them.
Pros
patients
Nice Environment
Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Pan Am Clinic, Winnipeg MBMarch 6, 2013
I have learned a lot and enjoyed the people at the facility.
Location is close to home
Pros
great hours, nice people
Great atmospere, worked with many great people in their own homes
Home care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 19, 2013
Fast paced, enjoyable people, independent work environment.
Nice experience
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 26, 2013
It was short experience for me to comment.I can only say it was fun working there.
Long Term Health Care
End of LIfe Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 16, 2013
Provided end of life care, this was very rewarding employement
Best Environment
Cognos Developer (Current Employee) –  winnipeg manitobaDecember 29, 2013
Fun place to work , Friendly co workers and very supportive .
Supportive and safe work place .
Interpreter (Arabic-English ) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 25, 2013
After receiving a specific assignment from central dispatch .I would call the client to inform him/her about the details for his coming appointment(message relay )and I make sure to remind the client 2 days before the actual appointment (reminder call ) . Then I would go to the specific location of the assignment , do my introduction to both sides (service provider /client ) . Provide interpretation service to convey messages as faithfully as possible with high standards of confidentiality ,accuracy ,reliability and role boundaries .Finally,I would ask the service provider to sign my paper to finish the assignment .
I leaned the importance of maintaining role boundaries and how to be impartial ,in other words not to take anyone's side to insure accurate interpretation .
Also, I learned how to be punctual and head to my assignment 15 minutes earlier to control time management .
Organization ,is another aspect that I learned through keeping all assignment papers in a secure place in an organized way.
The hardest part of the job .was dealing with emotional situations such as ,death ,chemo therapy or even cancer treatments. However ,I leaned that it is Ok for some tears to fall down ,but the most important is to maintain professionalism through all assignments even with the hardest ones .
The most enjoyable part of my job was feeling the appreciation from both service provider and the client and being able to help both sides to communicate easily together and not letting language barrier affect the communication between both . .
Pros
put lock events with the co-workers .
Cons
flexibility in work hours.