Winnipeg Regional Health Authority

Winnipeg Regional Health Authority Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Everchanging, Vibrant, REWARDING
Health Care Aide (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 24, 2014
Pros: variety of life
Cons: not enough hours available unless you get ft
I was excited and enthusiastic about going to work everyday! A team of Health Care Professionals really DO make A big difference in the World. I love working alone or on a Team!
Work for the WRHA!! We're AWESOME when we come together!!
A typical days starts off with a relaxing morning coffee, for me, as we come together for our Team Meeting and then – more... our 'physical'work begins. I was responsible for (fully)assisting 7 people up and out of bed to be ready for breakfast. I learned time management and that people are much more 'diversified'than one may actually realize. A position for a HCW requires a tremendous amount of selflessness and confidence.
The part of myjob in this World, as a Health Care Worker is most rewarding to me every minute of every day that I DO make HUGE differences in peoples lives and that (they) maintain THEIR quality of life because I am willing to help. – less
Productive workplace with a lot of challenges
Process Engineer (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: free coffee
I have enjoy a challenging work environment working for WRHA
Travelling from home to home meant being outdoors.
Health Care Aide (Former Employee), WinnipegApril 29, 2014
Pros: freedom and flexibility.
Cons: stressfull and often challenging environment.
Travelling to and from clients homes to care for and help them care for themselves in a tailored home setting. Meeting new people and learning about them was a great part of my job. Hardest part of the job has got to be a death of a person. Most satisfying, is knowing I have done all I could to improve a person's quality of life.
Best Environment
Cognos Developer (Current Employee), winnipeg manitobaDecember 29, 2013
Fun place to work , Friendly co workers and very supportive .
Great atmospere, worked with many great people in their own homes
Home care Attendant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 19, 2013
Fast paced, enjoyable people, independent work environment.
Supportive and safe work place .
Interpreter (Arabic-English ) (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 25, 2013
Pros: put lock events with the co-workers .
Cons: flexibility in work hours.
After receiving a specific assignment from central dispatch .I would call the client to inform him/her about the details for his coming appointment(message relay )and I make sure to remind the client 2 days before the actual appointment (reminder call ) . Then I would go to the specific location of the assignment , do my introduction to both sides (service – more... provider /client ) . Provide interpretation service to convey messages as faithfully as possible with high standards of confidentiality ,accuracy ,reliability and role boundaries .Finally,I would ask the service provider to sign my paper to finish the assignment .
I leaned the importance of maintaining role boundaries and how to be impartial ,in other words not to take anyone's side to insure accurate interpretation .
Also, I learned how to be punctual and head to my assignment 15 minutes earlier to control time management .
Organization ,is another aspect that I learned through keeping all assignment papers in a secure place in an organized way.
The hardest part of the job .was dealing with emotional situations such as ,death ,chemo therapy or even cancer treatments. However ,I leaned that it is Ok for some tears to fall down ,but the most important is to maintain professionalism through all assignments even with the hardest ones .
The most enjoyable part of my job was feeling the appreciation from both service provider and the client and being able to help both sides to communicate easily together and not letting language barrier affect the communication between both . . – less
Decent work plance
Primary Care Assistant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaOctober 15, 2013
Pros: patients
I loved the experience of working with the patients and building professional relationships with them.
Long Term Health Care
End of LIfe Care Provider (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 16, 2013
Provided end of life care, this was very rewarding employement
Nice experience
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 26, 2013
It was short experience for me to comment.I can only say it was fun working there.
Nice Environment
Administrative Officer (Current Employee), Pan Am Clinic, Winnipeg MBMarch 6, 2013
Pros: great hours, nice people
I have learned a lot and enjoyed the people at the facility.
Location is close to home

About Winnipeg Regional Health Authority

The Winnipeg Regional Health Authority's Mission is to promote and protect health and well being by delivering and managing health – Read more