Winnipeg Regional Health Authority Employee Reviews

Its all ways busy there also.
Driver (Former Employee) –  wpg mb4 May 2017
It s very busy there also. They train their staff if required. Very good management people. You need lots of knowledge at your job. I like the work atmosphere. This was another place where I learned new things To carry with me in my personal and work life. Thank you.
Pros
Good working staff.
Cons
Not many hours. Casual.
excellent work environment and good workplace
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 April 2017
Typical day start with an early morning providing residents with activities of daily living such as grooming and feeding. I have learned to manage my time effectively and efficiently. Hardest part of the job is when the family is trying to make you do duties that are out of my scope of practice
Pros
work independently
No more place/area to grow..
Home Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 April 2017
When I start working with them a few years back, working is fun and you can only talk to one person(supervisor), but things change now. Too many scheduling clerk filling up your schedules and they give you too much work from clients to clients without giving you enough time to travel. They do not even consider your opinions.
Pros
No comment
Cons
Long hours, heavy workload and no paid breaks.
Busy, Learning, and a really fun workplace to work.
Internship-Primary Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 February 2017
I had the internship here at ACCESS, Fort Garry, and working here is very good. I learnt a lot from here. People here are very nice and they are very helpful.
Pros
Long lunch break
Cons
Sometime I feel it very busy
Health Care Aide in Home Care
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 January 2017
A typical day of work would be driving to a first client's home and completing the tasks requested of me on my schedule in the time given. The driving time is included in the task time. This makes caring for the client and their needs very difficult without rushing them. Then it's off to the next client and their specific needs.

As a Health care provider I need to report different things that occur during my day and are given a number to call which is our scheduling unit. They are not very available to us. We always are put on hold. This makes us very frustrated and possibly late or very likely inaccurate with the information as the time passes.

Some clients either cancel or become ill and go into hospital or pass away. In those cases they fill those spots with other clients or patients from another Health Care Aides schedule who has called in sick or are on holidays. This makes it difficult for clients to trust and become comfortable with new workers.

Overall I do what I do because I love helping people who need assistance. It's selfishly rewarding to me!
Pros
helping people
Cons
crazy scheduling and management
Good Benefits
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 January 2017
Working at Winnipeg Regional Health Authority was the most challenging of all the job I've experienced, dealing with different kind of patient their needs, attitudes and priorities.
Cons
I worked alone and went into the community to serve my patients
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 December 2016
Go to get my client ready for te day . Give a bath and assist with getting dressed .Some clients needed assist with cooking or and medications
Pros
Clients were very nice to work with
Cons
Sometimes it would not be fulltime work
Easy but Monotonous work.
Laundry aide II (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MB29 June 2016
Easy work but it is repetitious. Standing in one spot for extended periods of time. Possibility of hazardous waste in the soiled area, and linen dust in the clean area.
Pros
Summertime Bar-B-Qs. Fun lunch period
Cons
Long standing in one spot. Noisy around the machines.
Excellent employer with an interest in their employees as well as a genuine positive regard for the patients and clients whom they care for.
Manager, Crisis Response Services (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 June 2016
Excellent benefits. Caring and compassionate employees who have a genuine positive regard for the people they care for. Opportunity for transferring within the Authority.
Good place to work at
HOUSE SUPPORT WORKER (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 March 2016
My typical day working as a house support work is interacting with clients, cleaning bathroom and kitchen, vacuuming, dusting, doing laundry.

The most enjoyable part of it is visiting people who live alone and keeping them company, while doing my work.

The hardest part of the job is when you've been working with a client for a long time and they pass away.

Management isn't always the best at calling the workers to notify them about clients who have canceled or giving important information about a client.
Pros
Not always in the same place, Time flys by
Cons
Unorganized management, Don't always call you back, Don't give important information
need for flexability and readiness to accomidate immediate change
Social Work/Clinic Liaison (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 January 2016
Variety of during the work day, resources available for consultation, supervision available, adequate work space , however no job security
Very multicultural and generous
Health Care Aide (Nursing Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 December 2015
Winnipeg Regional Health Authority offers health services for family in needs.
One example I worked for was Home Care, I would travel from house to house taking care of patients, elderly, who aren't able to take care of themselves, and would have no one there to look out for them for the time being.
Winnipeg Regional Health Authority doesn't discriminate on the type of client that is asking for help. It meets the clients needs and necessities, such as if the client was not very fluent in english, they would offer a worker who is fluent to speak in their language. WRHA doesn't discriminate against sexuality as well, but if the client perfers to have someone with the same gender, WHRA is more than willing to offer a worker for them.
Pros
Health Benifits
Cons
Some positions require a lot of gas usage
Learning the ins and outs of Aministration
Aboriginal Human Resources Initiative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 December 2015
My typical work day was busy from morning to the end of everyday. This organization gave me the skills needed to provide information and create an awareness for the Aboriginal community as a a whole. An awareness for career opportunities in population health.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Was a student
Daily Duties.
Home support worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 October 2015
I had to take a list of clients and perform duties described in the handout. I did support work such as cooking, cleaning, laundry other duties. As assigned by corridinator.
Pros
Worked on own time and schedule.
Cons
In vehicle for long periods of time.
simple work that flew by.
Porter (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 August 2015
the hours can be hard but the location can be far worse if you don't have transportation.

coworkers kinda made this job not enjoyable thought there was a few people who made up for it.

hours could be hard at times but getting there was the hardest part due to travel time and transportation issues.

lots of benefits once you got a point though.
Pros
free lunch most days, lots of employment union benifits
Cons
lazy coworkers
Home Care Attendant
Home Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 August 2015
Winnipeg Regional Health Authority is a huge company our main focus as employees is to Fulfill, protect and promote the health and well-being of individuals.
Pros
Good salary and interacting with the elderly.
Cons
not a higher EFT
Productive and rewarding workplace
Family Doctor Finder Program - Intake Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba14 August 2015
Typical day at work included helping members of the community find a new primary care provider by calling registrants and discussing their needs.
Rewarding Job
Home Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 July 2015
WRHA is an very beneficial organization in Winnipeg. They provide care to clients in the community so they are able to stay in their homes for a longer period of time. Helping the clients is very rewarding.
Collaborative and fun place to work
PROGRAMMER, STATISTICAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 April 2015
Analyze various healthcare data sources to develop reports for stakeholders.
The co-workers are supportive and have a lot of fun.
I learned how to apply data analysis to practical healthcare programs and how to develop strategic plan for the whole team.
Neat and Clean Workplace
File Management (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 December 2014
I have learnt a lot during my job at WRHA like Team work, how to deal with clients, manage files and a new software Procure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winnipeg Regional Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2