Winners Employee Reviews

Productive and professional workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montreal-nord, QC22 October 2017
A fast-paced environment that taught me how to speak to other people who I don't know. It taught me a lot about customer service and that the customer is always right. They're very keen on keeping their customers happy, no matter what the price.
Fun place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL20 October 2017
Definitely had fun working there. the staff and management were all very friendly. it felt like a family. I also loved their 10 percent discount for staff. you can get lots of hours if they like you or if they feel they need you.
Pros
fun place to work at, stress-free
Cons
poor pay, poor stability
winners
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2017
i just helped organised and match the sizes of shoes and the coat hangers. and i also helping to put foam for coat hangers for male and female jackets .
Not the best place to work.
Floor associate (Current Employee) –  Markham19 October 2017
I have worked over four years there. Hours range from 7 hours per week to maximum of 10 hours per week at the Markham Winners HomeSense store for part time employees. Sometimes they offer less than 7 hours per week. More hours are temporarily offered to new employees in order to train them.
There are no heath benefit coverage for part time employees.
Breaks and lunches are often late especially when there is a long line of customers.
People who work on the floor and warehouse are sometimes called to front cash when the line of customers to pay for their purchases are long. This does cause problems when there is no one to help the customer on the floor.
Pay is less than $13/hr in many cases and a raise if you get any is no more than $0.30/hr on your anniversary date of hire.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
Late breaks and lunches cause health issues
good
Assistant Manager Operations (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2017
great associates, great full-time and partier benefits. Annual holiday gatherings every year. Lots of fun,competitive and incentive driven contests.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
company politics
Moving up in the company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
Unfortunately, I've been rejected for a supervisor position. However, the managers didn't lose hope for me and my contributions. They came up with a development program just for me, so that I may improve on the skills that I'll need to be a great supervisor. I'm still working on my developing my skills and I have shown vast improvements. My managers and supervisors have been really good to me.
Working in a fun and diverse environment
Coordinator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 October 2017
A good place to develope personal goals and move up. they expect too much with little support and little pay ( even tho the company makes millions ) working with the people there is great! Hardest part of the job is to achieve " Door To Floor" when there are barely enough staff, they schedule people base off of sales which is very ridiculous.
Pros
%10 off and sometimes %20 which is better than nothing.
Cons
No Set schedule. Management seem to only care about getting things done and not the employees
It will take away your smile...
Part time worker (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 October 2017
Overworked, awful manager, make you feel like you aren't good enough, expect too much of you, very little training, everyone seems cranky, worked for a few months and had enough, and by far worst place I have ever worked, did not look forward to going in.
Cons
everything
environnement de travail tres plaisant
Caissière et commis du plancher (Current Employee) –  marche central10 October 2017
Winners est une compagnie dans laquelle les employes doivent etre polyvalents.
Durant la journee, il faut sortir les marchandises de l'entrepot et en meme temps il faut faire la caisse.
J'ai appris a travailler en equipe, a bien faire la gestion de mon temps pour finir mon travail peut importe que la journee soit tres achalandee ou non.
Cette entreprise donne beaucoup d'importance sur la diversite ethnique, le travail d'equipe, l'integrite, etc.
Certains jours, c'est plus difficile de faire tout en meme temps.
C'est plaisant de travailler comme une famille.
Good workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK7 October 2017
Working at winners was fun because my friends were working there too. The management doesn't leave your back and micromanage everything. overall it is a good starting up job.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not appreciated enough
Environment agréable
Commis / caissière (Former Employee) –  Laval-des-Rapides, QC6 October 2017
Esprit d'équipe bonne relation avec les employés tout est bon
Pros
Esprit d'équipe
Cons
Salaire minimum
good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC4 October 2017
Well its a good place to work if your looking for part time. I however wanted more hrs, couldn't get much though because I was part time. Its a nice environment to work lots of nice people.
Good place to build relationships
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS2 October 2017
-Will be trained in several areas
-Good relationships can be built between associates
-Accommodating management team
-Requires the ability to perform physical tasks (i.e. lifting, assembly of furniture, crouching, etc.)
Energetic workplace
Sales Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON28 September 2017
Energetic workplace, fast paced.
What I had learned is you need to be very understanding to customers and you need to have initiative.
management is understanding.
workplace culture is positive.
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate/Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 September 2017
Winners was my first job and I am so happy that I got to work here for 2 years. I gained so much experience that is going to help me in the future for other jobs. The work staff are wonderful people and I got along with every single one of them. I never got tired of working because it was always different never the same routine. I defiantly recommend teens apply here for their first jobs.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Great summer job/ during school job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dufferin, ON23 September 2017
Overall, working at winners was a great experience for me. I think I learned a lot about myself. I got to meet great people who I gotten to know better on a personal level. A typical day at winners could involve you to do cash, fitting room, greeting and assisting customers and clean up.
Pros
Great and friendly people
Cons
Not a great management team, Doesn't pay enough
retail and sales
Retail/Sales (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 September 2017
my regular work day consisted of helping customers find products they couldn't find on their own, working cash ,and stocking and facing shelves with new items we get
great
Sales Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2017
great work experience with plenty to learn in customer service. You learn how to react and how to deal with customers in all sorts of situations, definitely a great experience.
Great work environment
Sales associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 September 2017
Working at winners was a great experience because of the friendly work staff and along with the diverse products at our store. I have become familiar with so many different products. I worked mainly as a floor sales associate and cashier.
Great people to work
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 September 2017
It was good place to learn many things and colleagues and seniors were great.

Flexible Hours to work. Very accommodative bosses.

Very nice office environment.
Pros
Flexible hours