Winners Employee Reviews

Productive, fast paced environment
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 May 2017
Very busy and fast paced environment, always something to wrk on. People are friendly and members of management are great. Your always learning new things.
Environnement productif
Coordonnatrice (Current Employee) –  Greenfield Park, QC22 May 2017
-Les journées les plus typiques sont à Noël car c'est souvent les journées les plus achalandés et nous manquons souvent de personnels.
-J'ai apprise de tout chez Winners , j'ai apprise à faire de la production , à gerer tout le personnels , à travailler avec des rapports de ventes , j'ai aussi apprise à gerer le service à la clientèle et de ventes , en 6 ans j'ai passer de stagiére d'entrepôt à 3ème clef du magasin.
-L'aspect le plus difficile dans mon poste est qu'on manque de personnels et qu'on doit se débrouiller quand même seuls mais on s'y habitue et c'est un défi donc ca devient un aspect agréable lorsqu'on voit qu'on y est arrivé quand même.
Pros
Travail d'équipe
Cons
Les horaires sont jamais les mêmes.
Exciting and fun workplace.
Sale associate/fitting room (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 May 2017
My typical day working at Winners was either 3 things, helping with organizing clothing and putting them in there rightful home in the store, working in fitting room, or censoring items before they enter the floor. What I learned was what can and can not be censored due to damage reasons, a great deal or organization within fitting rooms and where everything in the store went. I love how organized Winners was, how they did everything in order of convenience. The most enjoyable part of the job was everything, the jobs I did within the store, the customers, and the management.
Pros
Free snacks.
Cons
N/a
Interesting
Womenswear Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 May 2017
During a typical day working at Winners, day to day functions are very simple. You help process merchandise to be floor ready, hep customers find what they need, and clean the store at the end of the night. I have found most of the staff a joy to work with, which makes the days past by faster.
Pros
Lots of socaial events
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2017
Working with TJX was a pleasure. The company takes very good care of there employees and invests time and money into them. They are always making sure there is a sold work/life balance.
Pros
employee appreacions, commites
Cons
pay is a little low
it was a nice working enviroment and i was lucky to have a very nice supervisor
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 May 2017
nice working place, I learnt how to work in a fast pace environment with different people and also to be an have good team work with my partner, the hardest part of the job was removing goods from the trailer
Friendly Enviroment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 May 2017
Excellent Managers team, supportive, coaching and friendly.
Is a nice place to work, team members with different skills and great customer orientation.
good part time
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 May 2017
flexible time schedules good workplace culture. easy training and good minimum wages. good employee discounts and renovated workplace. friendly managers.
great staff and team based enviroment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK12 May 2017
Just another minimum wage job with no real room for advancement.
It's repetitive, i have nothing really bad to say. I enjoyed working here in my teens and the deals were great for a working student with okay hours.
Pros
Deals on hip clothes
Cons
not enough pay
Every shift offered variety in duties.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON10 May 2017
Every shift there was a different responsiblity expected of you as the department you worked in changed. For example on monday you would be responsible for cash, tuesday you would be responsible for change room monitor, etc.

Want to know more about Winners?

Ask a question
Not a very good place to work
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON9 May 2017
Management is unreasonable
Work environment isn't terrible but it's not great either
Not enough people work during a shift
High stress environment
Messy
Flexible and understanding towards students
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Meadowvale Village, ON9 May 2017
Work is quick and fun, team members are very enthusiastic. We are like a family. Very understanding towards students, and in emergency situation. Flexible schedule.
Fun to work in
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 May 2017
My typical day was excellent. I learned how to flatten boxes, layout clothes, process bedsheets and luggages, operate compactor, and collect hangers and hooks.
Horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON7 May 2017
Management was uneducated and not at all prepared. People weren't very friendly at all. Zero tolerance or flexibility when it comes to its employees. I was fired for not making it to my shift after I got into a car accident. Then they booked me a bunch of shifts last minute without informing me so I missed them and they fired me. Absolute garbage
Hard Work but Great Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 May 2017
This workplace is more demanding than most retail jobs as it is constantly busy and there is a new truck every weekday. However, because of the busy and stressful job, the management and staff focus on alleviating any negativity by holding potlucks and building each other up.
fun workplace
Packer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 May 2017
it was a good workplace, with a good community. The management was good. The workplace was very fun and multicultural place. It was very fun and enjoyable job!!!!
Very friendly environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON4 May 2017
My overall experience with Winners was wonderful. The management team as well as associates were always friendly, treated everyone with respect, and made you feel a part of the team. I have gained many skills working with TJX such has time management, team work, cash handing, and organization. I always feel welcome walking into the workplace.
It was good working there
Packer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 May 2017
I learned lot of things from there and It was good experience.Working environment is too good and friendly also. All workers are co-operative and very much particular about their work.
Decent place to work!
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON2 May 2017
This location was okay to work at, the job itself was very fun i loved the work i did. The management was difficult and seemed to pick favourites and i did not seem to be one of them.
Overall a great place to work!
Retail - Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON2 May 2017
Most who apply here come for a summer job and it suits that purpose quite well but those who choose to stay also have the ability to move up in the company and branch out. They cross-train you so each day you might be doing something different which is nice. There is usually a wide variety of ages and cultures found within the associates of Winners, Homesense and Marshalls which is something the company prides itself on.
A couple of the downsides I will mention are scheduling. You have to be quite flexible as hours are completely unreliable and often you will either be asked to stay longer or your shift might be cancelled completely. Another thing is that the enjoyment of working here much depends on who you have as a manager.
I have enjoyed my years with Winners and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a retail position.
Pros
Meet all kinds of people, train in many departments.
Cons
Unreliable work hours, drama depending on the associates.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winners. Our community is ready to answer.