Winners Employee Reviews

Fun Fun Fun
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON15 February 2017
Excellent working environment full of fun, geared toward family, a flexible schedule and understanding management. Overall is a great place to work.
Pros
Employee Discount
Fun atmosphere
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 February 2017
great company to work for, especially first time employment. Great skills to be learned in a retail environment like this one. Always room for growth in the company and beyond.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low pay
Flexible but not helpful
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON11 February 2017
After working for Winners and Marshalls I have not had great experiences with the scheduling. You are either given to many or one a week even though the policy is a minimum of 3 shifts per week. Other employees have had the same problems. Some days can also be very stressful but there is an open door policy. The President of the company is one of the nicest and easy going people you will ever meet, I just wish it was like this more throughout the TJX company.
It was a good company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC10 February 2017
Typical day of work involved working in customer service answering phone, processing returns, and putting sales through. I learned working retail can be frustrating, in the way that you make displays and 5 seconds later they've been destroyed, and that people get mad when you asked them to sign the back of their credit cards. Most of the management was awesome, and others not so much.
An ever changing, exciting, and fulfilling place to work.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC10 February 2017
My experiences at Winners have been amazing. Not a day goes by that I don't learn something new. The management team is absolutely great and it makes me very sad to branch out into a different type of work. I love my job, the work environment exceeds all exepectations and it is an overall joy and pleasure to work here.
Pros
The people and atmosphere are extremely friendly and loyal.
Overall best experience working at this location
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 February 2017
Working for Winners Homesense was my first experience in customer service and shelf stocking of merchandising. My position here was a series of many different tasks each day. Learned the cash register, learned how to merchandise, to stock shelves with new merchandise. Had the opportunity to take on new duties and responsibilities.
Pros
Staff parties and gatherings
Cons
Shift work was sometimes back to back. Close at night open in the morning.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 February 2017
We had a different variety of staff working here and it was definitely a new challenge ever day but would always get the job done. Was challenging working in different departments but would always look for a way to get the job done.
fun workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON7 February 2017
enjoy the work environment and the people I work with starting to get a few more shifts a week January was a little slow hoping to get fulltime work in the future but comfortable where I am currently
Pros
enjoy the people i work with
Cons
short shifts
Average Retail Job
Store Associate/Cash Office Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 February 2017
Your average day is never the same twice. Depending what position(s) you have been trained for, you can be placed in different areas of the store. If you're in the fitting room you great and count how many items the customers are trying on and you give them a plastic card with a number. On cash you cash out customers, process returns and stock up the queline shelves. Sometimes the hardest part of the job is dealing with impatient/rude customers. Sometimes the managers can be very demanding but they are nice. The discount is 10% which isn't bad but it needs to increase. It needs to be easier to move up or move around in the company. Some managers can be very petty and sabotage an associate's attempt to improve themselves. The wages could be better. I've been there for almost 5 years, no complaints about work ethic/attitude and my pay rate has only gone up a little over a dollar. I've been constantly been promised to be moved up only to see a new associate get the position. I'm focusing on getting another job and leaving.
Backroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 February 2017
It is a good place to work; work that I enjoy and the people I work with helpful and supportive. I like the environment.
Like the type of work and responsibilities given to me; my managers are friendly and helpful.
The customers are friendly and I like to help them, as well as assisting my colleagues.
Pros
discounts on products
Cons
n/a
it was ok.
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC4 February 2017
management was ok, but not great. a typical day is 40% irritation and 40% dull and 20% enjoyable. the hardest part is working there.
Pros
zero
Cons
very dull
Fun with the sales associate
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON1 February 2017
The experience was just short lived as I only worked part time and less hours working in the store. It was my first Canadian work experience which taught me the value of customer is always right thing.
Cons
Less hours
Good place to work with good advancements
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2017
Management is nice and co-workers are good.

Can be a really fast-paced environment.
Lots of benefits and ways to develop in the company.
Costumers are usually nice.
Pros
Company Discounts
Cons
A lot of standing
amazing workplace with equally amazing coworkers
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL30 January 2017
Typical shift would include cleaning up the zones, helping customers. Doing projects that are needed to be done. Such as putting together statements, merchandising and helping your coworkers.

management is fantastic

coworkers are all fun and outgoing

hardest part of the job is juggling many tasks at once.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendships it creates
Pros
fun place
Cons
short hours
it's always fabulous for less
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 January 2017
I love Winners. Even before having a job there i told my friends it would be my dream retail job because i loved the store and environment. I would shop there twice a week, atleast. I've been here for 4 years so clearly it's a good place. Management is respectful and understanding and the associates are friendly and fabulous!
Fun place to work and great people to work with.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON28 January 2017
My coworkers were very nice and fun and it was always enjoyable to go to work and to talk to my coworkers. Hours were variable since it was a retail store and some weeks you would work 20+ hours and other you would work 5 hours as a part time worker.
Pros
Fun staff
Cons
Customers could be really rude
Fun, interactive workplace
Retail Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON27 January 2017
Being in high school at the time this job helped in building my skill set of customer service. It was a fun, friendly environment that aimed for your growth as a employee.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON25 January 2017
Usually busy but fairly easy and straight forward work. Learned to multitask efficiently. I learned how to do the job well and quickly in a short time
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
short breaks
Retail Industry
Customer Service/ Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON24 January 2017
A decent place to start off in retail industry, especially if you are a student. Flexible hours, minimum wage, but you can always pick up shifts from other associates!
Great Place to Work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 January 2017
I had an amazing time working at this company. I really enjoyed the work as well as the management and team work environment. I was satisfied by the benefits as well.