Winmar Employee Review

A lot of perks to the job and was a good team to work with
Cleaner/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 July 2017
I enjoyed working with Winmar and cleaning homes and got along with everyone. Worked in a team environment and liked to keep active at work. I liked that I got picked up at home to be taken to the job meetup every morning and had 2 hours of overtime everyday with good pay. Got first views of the damage to the homes and even in my neighbourhood that I had lost due to the fire in Fort McMurray. Helped a lot of people have a safe environment before entering back in their homes. It was a fun job but too bad it was only temporary.
Pros
Take home items of write offs
Cons
Temporary work

Other Winmar Employee Reviews

Good Team
Full time -Disaster Restoration (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON26 September 2017
I enjoyed this company. We worked long hours and were treated fairly. I was able to take advantage of lots of overtime anytime I wanted it. I felt valued there and only moved on to another job as it was in my field that I had went to school for.
Unorganized, Work vehicles in very poor condition, poor leadership
Carpenter Labourer (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON25 June 2017
Leadership was lacking in the sense of time management, appreciation for workers, and customer service. Although I did enjoy helping people I was often overworked and under appreciated. The supply your own tools policy was tough on a 14$/Hour paycheck and i would never have the tools needed for the job. Our flood equipment and Hepa-Vaccumes were old, lacking proper attachments and would often not work properly or breakdown, turning those 2-3 hour emergency calls at 11pm into 6 hours. Overall working at Winmar, I felt they had trouble keeping their workers busy and management was sub-par
Cons
Long hours, 24/7 Emergency calls