Winmar Employee Reviews

Disorganized and doesn't care about employees at all
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJune 20, 2016
Brought people to Fort McMurray under the impression that they would be there for 2 weeks of work. Made Calgary people find their own way to Edmonton for a bus up to Fort McMurray only to kick 3/4 of the people out and ship them back to Edmonton. But not to the spot where we were picked up. We were dropped at the edge of Edmonton at the Winmar building and had to find our own way back to Calgary on literally less than 12 hrs notice from working to being laid off and dropped in Edmonton.0/10 do not recommend this company.
Pros
Cons
does not care about their workers.
Hard Working Summer
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ONApril 25, 2016
Waking up at 7am during the summer and working untill 5pm. Made and extra dollar an hour and I was able to save up lots of money. All in all though I enjoyed working there and I learned a lot new skills for building and fixing insulation, molding, repairing damage to houses etc.
Pros
Learned a lot of new skills that will help me with my own property in the future.
Cons
Long days
great employer
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONApril 5, 2016
it was a great place to work except the fact you rely on call outs and fire and floods. other then that the people are awesome there they all teach to things to everyone
Pros
people
Cons
no hours
Winmar
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONFebruary 25, 2016
Company is great to work with and the job does teach a lot of skills that do enhance your knowledge. The staff is amazing to work with as well the amount of encouragement and positive reinforcement that it gives.
Pros
education in the construction industry
Cons
dirty jobs
Winmar
Content Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCFebruary 24, 2016
Management was cruel. No raises were given and the work required of us was extremely unprofessional (some may have even been illegal). Example: Doing the owners laundry. The up side, set hours, plenty of over time and some of my team members were great friends.
fun rewarding job
carpentry, restoration, drywall (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONAugust 18, 2015
was under new managment and was working out some bugs, and enjoyable rewarding job, unfortunatly pay, benifits and lack of hours were an issue
Pros
rewarding job seeing happy customers upon departure, yet very un happy upon arrival
Cons
not enough hours
good experience at WinMar
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJuly 17, 2015
the job was fantastic. The employers are good to get along with as well as the customers we serve. And the physical labour I ENJOY!
Pros
Meeting new people everyday, learing new things everyday
Cons
hours, pay
regular hours
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJanuary 18, 2015
worked as required with different jobs
not always full days
desire to work in a safer environment
family business \
dealing with staff who were not consistent in there work or expecting others to do the work as then did not show up at the site on time or do the work when there.
Learning new jobs meeting clients making clients happy with the work
Cons
not enough consistent hours
not applicable
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2015
Winmar Restoration is a fun environment to be working in. The staff were excellent.
Positive work atmosphere
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer abNovember 17, 2014
I've learned a lot about construction, team work and integrity from some of my co workers which has been very helpful in my growth in construction.Unfortunately I have found the management to be lacking in appropriate management skills, but overall I've enjoyed my time with this company.
I wasworking on brose
Casual Labourer (Cleaning) and factory (Former Employee) –  London, ONOctober 31, 2014
typical day at work is been very busy i learned about work is like for more busy i'm is always respect my co-workeers and management my hardest part of the job is always the biggining on my days because i never know where i was work in this days but my best part of job is to know i have a job for real in my life
Pros
no free lounch
Cons
work the most hrs i can
I enjoyed working for them.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONNovember 8, 2013
good company, good guys and girls, very profesional. I would be glad to go back and work for them if I had the opportunity.
Fun and enjoyable workplace.
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  OakvilleJuly 29, 2013
Everyday I have worked there I have mainly been ripping out Drywall/Plaster and getting rid of mold after a flood in a clients basement. I also had to clean up all the Drywall and take it out to the side of the road for garbage to take. I have learned how to take apart Drywall and get rid of mold easily. I had a lot of Co-workers I was with in the past and most of them were nice and helped/train me as we went a long each day. The hardest part of the job would have to be ripping out drywall just because that's mainly the only thing you have to do except for the clean up part.
Pros
get to travel a lot(not in one place), work as a team to get the job done, finish work whenever the job site is finish, pick our own breaks
Cons
breaks are not paid for, long hours so you come home and only get a couple of hours then bed time then you work the next day, tiring
not very balance
LABOURER (Former Employee) –  london, ontarioMay 9, 2013
the company is a well organized company but the pay is not great and the hour are to long
Pros
secure job
Cons
to many hours needed and wage to low
Great place to work with fantastic opportunities
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  GuelphMarch 20, 2013
Winmar is overall a great place to work and the owner and management team were fantastic. The work is intellectually stimulating and I had some fantastic opportunities to advance my education.
The reason for a job seach is economic, as such, the industry is slowing down and I need to support a family.
Pros
education, advancement, bonus, benefits
Cons
long hours (emergency work), slow industry periods
Worst Job Ever
First Responder (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 12, 2013
Pay was not good. There was no organization. No safety precautions. No one had any idea where anything was. I never knew what was going on. Lack of communication. Rude employees. Not trained at all.
Pros
n/a
Cons
low pay, disrespectful employer and employees, dirty workplace, unorganized, no safety procedures
winmar
restoration (Former Employee) –  London, OnFebruary 13, 2013
its ok but the management can be better its a good job tho if you wanna be hands on
Pros
contsruction experience