WineOnline Marketing Company Ltd. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of a publicly-traded company, First Growth Holdings Ltd. (TSXV: FGH), that is headquartered in Vancouver, BC. WineOnline was launched in May 2004 in Toronto with the goal of making quality wines more accessible to wine lovers in Ontario and Alberta.
WineOnline, through its comprehensive website www.wineonline.ca, aims to provide an unmatched shopping experience by providing oenophiles with the opportunity to:
- Purchase quality-focused wines not otherwise retailed in their province
- Order wine and wine accessories from the comfort of their home, office, cottage or anywhere else there is a phone and/or web-enabled computer
- Have wine delivered to their door
- Research each wine before purchasing it: e.g., tasting notes, expert 3rd party reviews, food complements, serving/storing notes, etc.
- Track current and previous orders via personalized online accounts
- Access fine wine in rural regions
We have an opening for a Staff Accountant in our Toronto office. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, proactive and confident individual who has a keen interest in developing their skills and experience for a career in the accounting and beverage industry. The candidate will be expected to provide a broad range of accounting and administrative support to management in both the Vancouver head office and the Toronto office.
Major Activities / Accountabilities:
1. Full-cycle accounting, including daily book-keeping, and A/P, A/R, revenue, and COGS processing
2. Preparation and review of semi-monthly payroll, monthly bank reconciliations, and other reports as required by management
3. Assist in preparation of quarterly working papers for financial statements and budget/variance analysis
4. Ensure the accounting platform supports the production of timely, accurate and complete information for management and financial reporting purposes
5. Assist in office administrative duties and other related functions as required by management
6. Maintain a comprehensive and strictly-organized filing system that is easily accessed when necessary (i.e. during the Company’s annual year-end audit)
7. Maintain current knowledge of accounting policies
1. Undergraduate degree in a business-related discipline
2. Candidates working toward a professional designation such as a CGA or CMA
3. Sound knowledge of accounting principles through education, training, and 2-4 years of prior hands-on full-cycle accounting/book-keeping experience
4. Proficiency in QuickBooks and computer programs such as Microsoft Excel and Word
5. Strong oral and written communication skills in English
6. Analytical and quantitative skills (i.e. financial and data analysis)
7. Ability to work independently under minimum supervision
8. Attention to detail and time-management skills
Please forward your cover letter and resume to the provided email. No phone calls please.