Windsor Women Working With Immigrant Women Employee Reviews

Limited
Supply LINC Instructor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 December 2017
As a supply teacher, the work environment was fair. At that time, it was in a high rise building. The classrooms were on various floors and each floor lacked a secretary or liason. At present, this organization moved to another location; more positive changes to the work environment and improvements have been made. Ie,accessibility to resources.
planning events
Special Event Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 November 2017
soccer tournament for age 14-55. we did all the work such: sponsorship did car wash fundraising to earn the money to buy everything that we needed for the event
it was fun good place to work at
Pros
there was free food to eat
Cons
the breaks was good.Had alot of experience while working there
Employment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 May 2017
Windsor Women Working With Immigrant Women, or W5 for short, is an overall great place to work. The staff are wonderful with few exception and the work that is done there is important and fulfilling. My only issue with this organization is that the different departments have the tendency to annex themselves to some degree, which occasionally makes interdepartmental actions somewhat difficult at times. But this issue is an uncommon one and is more of a nuisance than anything else. Otherwise, this facility employs people of many different backgrounds and is very good to all of its employees.
Multi-cultural and friendly working environment
Internship Researcher (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 March 2017
Windsor Women Working With Immigrant Women is a multi-cultural, non-profit and community based organization which has been serving Windsor-Essex County communities since1982.

As a non-profit, charitable organization, we strive to achieve excellence in our service delivery to immigrant and refugee women and their families to become full and participating members of Canadian Society. We function in an anti-oppressive, feminist and anti-racist framework.
Pros
culture diversity
Cons
heavy workload
Review of current work
LINC Instructor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 April 2015
A typical day at work comprises of working with people who are new to Canada. My goal is to help them integrate into Canadian society and start their new lives by helping the clients work on their reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills.
Nice volunteer experience
Fundraising volunteer (Former Employee) –  500 Ouellette Ave, Windsor, ON30 June 2014
Though it was just a volunteer job for several weeks, I had great time there and learned a lot. I made friends with people from different countries, improved my English in business environment, and got a general understanding of fundraising for non-profit organizations in Canada.
an eye opener
Technical Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  windsor, ON24 April 2014
being exposed to different cultures is amazing especially when you get the chance to help other people who realy need help.

enjoyed it very much and felt like doing good to the community
Lacks team environment
EMPOLYMENT COUNSELLOR and JOB DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 October 2013
This is a very hostile environment. Management lacks positive leadership skills at all levels of the organization.
A Progressive Workplace
Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 April 2013
This organization has many innovative ideas on how to assist immigrant youth and I was happy to contribute to a progressive work environment
I was supervising an MSW graduate student from the University of Windsor who was doing her internship withi the organization. I also counselled.
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Ontario, Canada3 March 2013
I worked with this organization because I was interested helping immigrants as well as people with difficult situations in finding housing, placement of their children in school or having problems with their case workers from the city council. During my work I learned to be on the alert and open to help clients. I worked successfully with co-workers. The hardest part of my job was when dealing with a client who has language problems. I enjoyed working and helping people especially those involving counseling.