Windsor Regional Hospital Employee Reviews in Canada

Busy, fast paced challenging atmosphere
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 9, 2016
My typical day at work starts with early morning case reviews to examine the care delivered and look for opportunities for quality improvement. The quality improvement initiatives are shared with the families and patients. I am involved in conflict resolution and discharge planning for complicated discharge patient and family issues. I advocate for patient rights with staff physicians and nurses and assist the patient in navigating our health care system.
The most difficult part of this role is the volume of complaints. You have to learn to deal with the issues and not take it personally.
The most enjoyable is the team I work with and seeing positive changes to our health care system come from a negative patient experience.
Enjoyable and gratifying job for myself
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 13, 2016
I found that we were always overwhelmed with work that was not in our scope such as transporting patients for tests on off shifts!
We always felt overwhelmed, sometimes due to staff shortages
The staff was fantastic
Management non existent
I thoroughly enjoyed my job and was extremely sad that I had to leave
Enjoyable workplace and cooperative staff
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  1030, Ouellette Ave.April 28, 2016
A couple of things I learned at Windsor Regional Hospital are how to take care of patients, administrative assistance, and how to work as a cashier. By doing this type of work, I was able to gain communication, organizational, and time management skills.
Pros
Adjustable working hours
great place with excellent benefits - but watch your back
Medicine program (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 20, 2016
they tend not to keep admin people past the age of 50 - just a word to the wise; quite a bit of nepotism occurs here - be sure to take all your breaks and lunches as you will not be given "extra credit" for skipping them
blah
Material Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 10, 2016
one two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven twelve thirteen fourteen fifteen sixteen seventeen eighteen nineteen twenty
Lots of experience gained and great working environment
Housekeeper and Unit Aide (Current Employee) –  WindsorSeptember 17, 2015
In a typical day of being on a patient floor I will clean up to 14 rooms in the day shift. This means cleaning common touch points, bathroom, and taking out the garbage. When there are discharges the pace increases and I have to get all my work done as well. I my coworkers were great when my floor gets overwhelmed. We helped each other out to maintain a good working environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with patients and making them smile with a small conversation.
Performed care for the patients on the floor. It was nice way to integrate the skills, whether therapeutic or physiological, holistically.
Nursing Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 22, 2016
At the Windsor Regional Hospital, I was given a variety of patients with different diagnoses and different backgrounds. Even if I had two patients with the same diagnosis, the two patients themselves would have different stories and different backgrounds. I learned from each patient and they had made me a better student, and I know that I will keep what I had learned from them and constantly remind myself that the learning never ends.

At the WRH I learned how to manage my time, with documentation, contact the interdisciplinary team, do morning rounds, delegate tasks if needed, ask for help, and advocate for my patients.

My co-workers were always willing to lend a hand, and knew that I would be willing to give one as well, as they trusted me with responsibilities and asked for information regarding patients when the shift changed.

The hardest part of my job was having a full schedule then coming home to study for an exam and doing some assignments. The most enjoyable part of the job was being apart of the patient's recovery journey.
Pros
The staff was super approachable and helpful.
Cons
Coming home to study after a long day of work.
stressfull
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 22, 2016
did not feel valued. learned a lot of basic nursing skills. Good management, good coworkers, watching people pass away.
Great place to work for financial stability
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 17, 2015
Great place to work . Everyone works together to make it a safe and comfortable place for patients when sick. Great management and awesome co-workers. its rewarding when you know you have helped a patient and or family members through their difficult time.
caring and supportive co-workers
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor Regional HospitalAugust 24, 2015
Great satisfaction caring for people. Co-workers very good team players. Not enough support from management staff. Many times extremely busy and short staffed.
Overall a good place to work if you are a team player. Salary good.
Pros
location/position
Cons
no job security
Productive and stimulating work environment
Discharge Planner - Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 21, 2015
Supportive environment and coworkers. The position promotes personal growth and is a perfect environment to grow professionally. This agency makes for a good employment experience.
Productive and friendly workplace
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 16, 2013
A typical day at windsor regional hospital pharmacy:
High responsibility, fast-paced, repetitive, precision, organized,accuracy, strong memory skills, clear verbal communication, adaptation to frequent change.

I learned: how to adjust to ever-changing events, broad range of personalities and how to make crucial decision making.

My co-workers: many different personalities/work ethics

Hardest part of the job: seeing patients first hand in distress/critical care/specialized mental health

Most enjoyable part of the job: able to leave the workday knowing i have done my very best and ready to takle the next days events
Learning something new every day
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  admittingFebruary 1, 2013
Each individual patient that requires transporting(stretcher, hospital bed, wheelchair, commode, mechanical lift) gives me a new experience. I learn from them sometimes.
Some means of their transportation, is done with the assistance of a co-worker, where there are able to share their input also to which way might be of more assistance to patient and easier on ourselves, etc.
Patient confidentiality is a must.
The hardest part of my job would be seeing the pain and suffering of some of the patients.
The most enjoyable is seeing them heal, "graduate" from ICU or discharged.
Was wonderful volunteering in the hospital
Administrative duties (Former Employee) –  Windsor, OntarioFebruary 21, 2014
I would input all the information of the volunteers on their special computer program.
I learned to work quickly and efficiently.
The manager was a wonderful person and she was always very encouraging.
The hardest part of this job was when I had to go to patients rooms, that were recovering from different ailments and do short questionnaires regarding if they were happy with cleaning being done in the hospital. I found a way to introduce it and make them laugh a little, but some still would be upset for being disturbed.
But on the other hand making some sick patients laugh or even small smile made my day.
Pros
we were given a food and drink allowance to use in the hospital
Cons
would of loved to be hired at the hospital to work.
Enjoyable Environment
Volunteer in the pediatric department (Current Employee) –  Windsor,ONJanuary 14, 2013
A typical day volunteering at the hospital consisted of me going to all of the patients rooms and seeing if they needed anything. This could be from needing a movie to watch or just need someone to spend time with them. My favourite part was seeing how happy some of the children are. The hardest part was seeing how sick some of the children were, and how sometimes they didn't really have family coming to visit them.
Great staff and a great environment to work in
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 11, 2014
Children's mental health can be a taxing area to work in. The staff and management at this agency are very supportive and caring toward their staff.
Excellent employer!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 9, 2014
I enjoyed the fast paced work environment and the extensive education program that afforded new skills and knowledge essential to oncology nursing
Pros
onsite gym for staff
Wonderful place to work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 3, 2012
I really enjoy volunteering at Windsor Regional, since my passion is helping people and working with the public.
Pros
rewarding experience
Cons
no pay
Prductive
Gift shop volunteer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 8, 2014
-A typical day volunteering includes answering phone calls, taking messages, dealing with customers, stocking merchandise, ringing up transactions, etc.
-I learned how to work quickly and efficiently independently and according to company policies
-Management was very accommodating and supportive. They were always flexible when it came to hours and scheduling and allowed volunteers to have experience working other jobs within the hospital.
-My co-workers were always friendly and productive. We are scheduled two people to a station if the schedule allows it, typically I was on my own for most shifts as I was a seasoned volunteer.
-The hardest part of the job was seeing sick patients. Working at the gift shop, you often forget that you are, indeed, in a hospital, so when visibly sick, or saddened visitors come in, it is always a little hard to deal with. Though, I do not allow that to effect the terms of my work.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was making those sad patients and visitors smile, even for a moment.
Pros
free vouchers for lunch shifts, flexible scheduling
Cons
no real complaints, i was always accommodated and the job never got too challenging
Very good work envionment
Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 18, 2013
Very good work environment, supportive management and co-workers.
Pros
flexible shifts

4.5