Windsor Regional Hospital

Windsor Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Limited Hospital
Nursing Student (Former Employee), Windsor, ONSeptember 7, 2014
Great staff, however, limited resources and quite stressful
Great staff and a great environment to work in
Social Worker (Current Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 11, 2014
Children's mental health can be a taxing area to work in. The staff and management at this agency are very supportive and caring toward their staff.
Prductive
Gift shop volunteer (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 8, 2014
Pros: free vouchers for lunch shifts, flexible scheduling
Cons: no real complaints, i was always accommodated and the job never got too challenging
-A typical day volunteering includes answering phone calls, taking messages, dealing with customers, stocking merchandise, ringing up transactions, etc.
-I learned how to work quickly and efficiently independently and according to company policies
-Management was very accommodating and supportive. They were always flexible when it came to hours and – more... scheduling and allowed volunteers to have experience working other jobs within the hospital.
-My co-workers were always friendly and productive. We are scheduled two people to a station if the schedule allows it, typically I was on my own for most shifts as I was a seasoned volunteer.
-The hardest part of the job was seeing sick patients. Working at the gift shop, you often forget that you are, indeed, in a hospital, so when visibly sick, or saddened visitors come in, it is always a little hard to deal with. Though, I do not allow that to effect the terms of my work.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was making those sad patients and visitors smile, even for a moment. – less
Excellent employer!
Nurse (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 9, 2014
Pros: onsite gym for staff
I enjoyed the fast paced work environment and the extensive education program that afforded new skills and knowledge essential to oncology nursing
Very good work envionment
Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMay 18, 2013
Pros: flexible shifts
Very good work environment, supportive management and co-workers.
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 6, 2013
Allows RPNs to practice within their scope in the mental health setting.
Learning something new every day
Patient Transporter (Current Employee), admittingFebruary 1, 2013
Each individual patient that requires transporting(stretcher, hospital bed, wheelchair, commode, mechanical lift) gives me a new experience. I learn from them sometimes.
Some means of their transportation, is done with the assistance of a co-worker, where there are able to share their input also to which way might be of more assistance to patient and – more... easier on ourselves, etc.
Patient confidentiality is a must.
The hardest part of my job would be seeing the pain and suffering of some of the patients.
The most enjoyable is seeing them heal, "graduate" from ICU or discharged. – less
Productive and friendly workplace
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 16, 2013
A typical day at windsor regional hospital pharmacy:
High responsibility, fast-paced, repetitive, precision, organized,accuracy, strong memory skills, clear verbal communication, adaptation to frequent change.

I learned: how to adjust to ever-changing events, broad range of personalities and how to make crucial decision making.

My co-workers: many – more... different personalities/work ethics

Hardest part of the job: seeing patients first hand in distress/critical care/specialized mental health

Most enjoyable part of the job: able to leave the workday knowing i have done my very best and ready to takle the next days events – less
Enjoyable Environment
Volunteer in the pediatric department (Current Employee), Windsor,ONJanuary 14, 2013
A typical day volunteering at the hospital consisted of me going to all of the patients rooms and seeing if they needed anything. This could be from needing a movie to watch or just need someone to spend time with them. My favourite part was seeing how happy some of the children are. The hardest part was seeing how sick some of the children were, and – more... how sometimes they didn't really have family coming to visit them. – less
Wonderful place to work
Volunteer (Current Employee), Windsor, ONApril 3, 2012
Pros: rewarding experience
Cons: no pay
I really enjoy volunteering at Windsor Regional, since my passion is helping people and working with the public.